Asheesh Birla at Fortune Brainstorm Tech 2018

I think IBM is using Stable Coin to turn that first baby step into blockchain payments into two much easier to understand steps. Maybe they found human resistance to change.  I actually think it's commendable by IBM. They never said it was a forever solution. I think Stable Coin is a segway solution and may not last long at all, but that's not the goal. The goal is to get their customers using and trusting them and the intent of their decisions in the crypto space. 

So, I understood the Stable Coin to basically be training wheels for a new payment system. Okay, I get that. Cool, imo.

I'm really appreciating IBM...  they are quietly doing exactly what an enormously socially responsible company would do to be more of an asset to it's business customers. IBM is clearly taking a thoughtful, logical, methodical and mutually beneficial approach to mapping out global future of business. 

In fact listening to IBM inspires me to contribute to the space as a whole. I'm almost ready to reveal my business plan (my contribution to promoting XRP app development). Yes, I'm so moved by the need to promote XRP Ledger endeavors that I have created a wholly unique approach to finding talented and serious creative thinkers. Stay tuned.

Why do they always end the panel like this?  'Oh, sorry, we're out of time'...  what?  Out of time for what?  Like what else do they have to do??  Let them talk.  They weren't done...

I think if it had gone on much longer, Asheesh would have mopped the floor with the IBM lady's head. 

The Stripe lady could only speculate, while Asheesh clearly knows something.  He knows what's moving internally... you can't beat him with his inside knowledge of what's in the pipeline.  You could see it on his face... the smirk...

Man, I would have liked another 20 minutes.

5 minutes ago, spiras said:

Why do they always end the panel like this?  'Oh, sorry, we're out of time'...  what?  Out of time for what?  Like what else do they have to do??  Let them talk.  They weren't done...

I think if it had gone on much longer, Asheesh would have mopped the floor with the IBM lady's head. 

The Stripe lady could only speculate, while Asheesh clearly knows something.  He knows what's moving internally... you can't beat him with his inside knowledge of what's in the pipeline.  You could see it on his face... the smirk...

Man, I would have liked another 20 minutes.

You can hear him clear his throat a couple times during her droning PR

1 hour ago, spondulix said:

Why do you guys think Stripe is skeptical of the FX use-case for a digital asset as proposed by Asheesh?

I didn't really get that impression, here are some quotes

"I think that FX is something you both mentioned and it's certainly a use case, but we have yet to see really ..." (changes subject)

"I do think its interesting to think about this stable coin as a transition mechanism, but the reality is it's still a fiat currency and you have to do the reconciliation and the conversion now between the stable coin, the currency and your transaction. There's like a lot of complexity. We're very interested to see if there's some use cases that start to emerge and stellar may be a network where you see some of that."

Later, at about 20:00 Asheesh explains that the base digital asset use case since 2013 has been moving money instantly by sending between exchanges, and she says

"Again, the FX use case ..." while pointing at Asheesh, before being interrupted.

Long time lurker, first-time poster. 

I thought he did very well in that type of setting.  It's important to hear stuff other than the normal talking points we hear all the time; and for those paying attention to this space for a while, it was good to see the distinction between the two young companies in Ripple and Stripe sitting next to an old giant like IBM.  It seemed like all three were pointing guns at each other the whole time until the concept of large corporates rebranding what are essentially better database practices as "blockchain" and calling that innovation......it was at that point you could see the "new kids" calling out the old guys in the room.

14 minutes ago, AggieOG said:

Long time lurker, first-time poster. 

I thought he did very well in that type of setting.  It's important to hear stuff other than the normal talking points we hear all the time; and for those paying attention to this space for a while, it was good to see the distinction between the two young companies in Ripple and Stripe sitting next to an old giant like IBM.  It seemed like all three were pointing guns at each other the whole time until the concept of large corporates rebranding what are essentially better database practices as "blockchain" and calling that innovation......it was at that point you could see the "new kids" calling out the old guys in the room.

I like you.  Post more.

Difficult situation for him with an all women panel and moderator. From my personal experience, he probably had to hold back on his criticisms so he did not come off as mansplaining. Literally a thing you have to be mindful of today because the FUDsters will say Ripple is sexist lol. 

Difficult situation for him with an all women panel and moderator. From my personal experience, he probably had to hold back on his criticisms so he did not come off as mansplaining. Literally a thing you have to be mindful of today because the FUDsters will say Ripple is sexist lol.