JCCollins

Geopolitics of XRP

Great article once again JC.

I know you can't even really answer the following quesiton (nobody really can), yet I feel compelled to ask it: clearly the geopolitics of the monetary system is going to take years to unfold and play out.  As a mere XRP holder (myself), do you see XRP's price slowly reflecting its up-and-coming dominance (kind of priced-in on the sly, priced in by those in the know), OR do you think its price will explode with a single announcement when the "cat is out of the bag" (i.e. when that one piece of news makes it known that XRP takes a central role in monetary flow around the world).  Of course, right now, XRP is buried deep into obscurity (from an everyday person perspective), its price is low, its volume low (3 times lower than that of even EOS!)...being an XRP holder right now we're very early in the game - which makes us well placed, but it's also frustrating.  If XRP price climbs over time (with higher lows) then holding over multiple years becomes far easier.  That's what I'm hoping for, at least.

Another question I have is...do you think Ripple will sign some kind of deal to hand over XRP to central banks? If XRP's price explodes, Ripple would quickly become the most valuable company on the planet, with Larsen possibly becoming a trillionnaire (if the price hit $200).  That raises ugly sentiment, so I wonder if XRP would have to be donated to various central banks to provide liquidity while also taking the spotlight off Ripple. 

I know these are hypothetical questions - I'm just interested in how it might all play out.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

56 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Great article once again JC.

I know you can't even really answer the following quesiton (nobody really can), yet I feel compelled to ask it: clearly the geopolitics of the monetary system is going to take years to unfold and play out.  As a mere XRP holder (myself), do you see XRP's price slowly reflecting its up-and-coming dominance (kind of priced-in on the sly, priced in by those in the know), OR do you think its price will explode with a single announcement when the "cat is out of the bag" (i.e. when that one piece of news makes it known that XRP takes a central role in monetary flow around the world).  Of course, right now, XRP is buried deep into obscurity (from an everyday person perspective), its price is low, its volume low (3 times lower than that of even EOS!)...being an XRP holder right now we're very early in the game - which makes us well placed, but it's also frustrating.  If XRP price climbs over time (with higher lows) then holding over multiple years becomes far easier.  That's what I'm hoping for, at least.

Another question I have is...do you think Ripple will sign some kind of deal to hand over XRP to central banks? If XRP's price explodes, Ripple would quickly become the most valuable company on the planet, with Larsen possibly becoming a trillionnaire (if the price hit $200).  That raises ugly sentiment, so I wonder if XRP would have to be donated to various central banks to provide liquidity while also taking the spotlight off Ripple. 

I know these are hypothetical questions - I'm just interested in how it might all play out.

Thanks. I agree with most of you propositions. I can foresee a situation where XRP is used to support the new system by allocated reserves or liquidity pools to central banks. Though it will look different than what we may be imagining. Regarding price, there will be quick increases and slower times were things level off before another upward movement. There is a lot of milestones which will not be achieved everywhere in the world at the same time.

Great article

Assuming this plays out along the lines your talking, and the rise of XRP as a global currency of some description starts to increase (beginning in Asia)

What do you anticipate the reaction of the west to be, in particular the US, is this under or on their radar at the moment

If it is on the radar, do they try to accelerate their position to combat Asia, try to derail it, try to compete etc.

5 hours ago, Krypto said:

Great article

Assuming this plays out along the lines your talking, and the rise of XRP as a global currency of some description starts to increase (beginning in Asia)

What do you anticipate the reaction of the west to be, in particular the US, is this under or on their radar at the moment

If it is on the radar, do they try to accelerate their position to combat Asia, try to derail it, try to compete etc.

It’s my conclusion that the West (those in power now at least) is also fully on board but needs to stick handle the roll-out to align with the reduction in international USD accountabilities and subsequent changes in the geopolitical spheres.. it’ll take time to replace almost a century of dried up and squeaky gears.

Great article J.C. I was just explaining the other day to someone on board with XRP and what Ripple are trying to achieve, is compatible with the Trump doctrine.  Well it appeared to me that way anyway, at least it mitigates a little of the fear ?