sven12345

What happened to xRapid will be launching "very soon"

3 minutes ago, XRPisVELOCITY said:

I don't blame Ripple for not giving a better update on xRapid.  Listening to everyone constantly complain about everything on a daily basis around here just makes me nauseous.  Without Ripple you have no xRapid for your precious XRP.  

This is a problem, so much lazy moon lambo kids that do nothing for XRP and expect everything from Ripple, like parasites.

Edited by vsyc

It seems many people are missing an important point (mainly the ones not interested in technical aspects of Ripple products). XRP Ledger is open source - you can see the progress on GitHub and you can build on this foundation yourself. xRapid is a proprietary software which focuses on some very concrete customers and their feedbacks. It is amazing that we get any info about its progress at all. If you think otherwise - try googling e.g. NEX Infinity. I very much agree with @XRPisVELOCITY and @vsyc, some should wake up and stop dreaming about making millions tomorrow. There is no magic in the world, only hard work.

Edited by Lamberth

2 hours ago, Moonraker said:

To be honest, I'm getting pretty fed up of you calling everyone and anyone a fudder. 

Just because someone doesn't kiss the butt of Ripple / XRP, doesn't make them a fudder.

If you can't contribute with a meaningful post then don't contribute and stop accusing people of fudding

Exactly. 

2 hours ago, sven12345 said:

I listened to the interview and Asheesh Birla said:

"There is no set time for production of xRapid just yet. We are working on getting the experience just right. We hope to have it by this year."

That that doesn't sound like "very soon" to me like Brad stated.

First it was gonna launch in march stated in a tweet by Asheesh Birla.

In Q1 report In Q2 Ripple will look to grow the number of xRapid pilots and work to move existing pilots into production.

Now we have to hope it will launch before the end of the year and I though 1 bank was gonna use xRapid before the end of the year  !?

I'm kinda confused and disappointed by the progress of xRapid and the misleading statements.

It's frustrating when we are on this side of things, without more information. 

I understand the frustration.

Let's see where we are at the EOY, and then revisit. We can talk and ponder this and that, but it's all a waiting game right now. Hodl if you can. 

2 hours ago, sven12345 said:

I listened to the interview and Asheesh Birla said:

"There is no set time for production of xRapid just yet. We are working on getting the experience just right. We hope to have it by this year."

That that doesn't sound like "very soon" to me like Brad stated.

First it was gonna launch in march stated in a tweet by Asheesh Birla.

In Q1 report In Q2 Ripple will look to grow the number of xRapid pilots and work to move existing pilots into production.

Now we have to hope it will launch before the end of the year and I though 1 bank was gonna use xRapid before the end of the year  !?

I'm kinda confused and disappointed by the progress of xRapid and the misleading statements.

Ripple the company is not beholden to XRP holders. It is a software company that sells cross-border payment solutions to financial institutions. It just happens to own some XRP as part of its assets. XRP holders are not shareholders of Ripple. The executives of Ripple the company have the right to shape their announcements however and whenever they like.

Once you register the above understanding, you will not make the mistake of having the expectations of behaviour of a public-listed company from Ripple. They are not required to report everything to the public and they endeavour to provide as much clarity as possible simply because they are interested in sharing their mission, goals, milestones and achievements.

If you are looking forward to XRP tracking the performance of Ripple, then you will be sorely disappointed because just because you own some XRP does not make you a part-owner of this brilliant software house.

Market forces will dictate the pricing of XRP and much of it eventually will be shaped by real-world use in not just xRapid but many other solutions and platforms. Codius, for one, is growing even as we speak and it will help to grow international demand and use of XRP as the most efficient and low-cost payment asset.

Opinions are like A$$Holes everybody has one, why get bent all out of shape over one!!! If you believe in the product and the facts behind the product no need to.  If you don't believe in the product and the facts behind it why are you here? I have to ask.  Look unless you have an inside track the only thing we cn do is hope, dream and speculate on the little bread crumbs were allowed to have.  More and More I see people tearing each other apart on this forum over things they have little to no control over well I shouldn't say that because you can either invest or divest.  I really believe that one initiative is to shake loose as much individual stake in XRP as possible so institutional money can swoop in and put it out of reach for the average Joe.  Look at the landscape there is no other Crypto doing what XRP can do right now but the clocks ticking and technology moves in leaps and bounds.  You bet your a$$ there is a lot happening we don't know about but the game is also being played. When it's all said and done I see XRP only available on exchanges that cater to institutions. They will get the individuals weeded out by making the price skyrocket the majority of HODLER's will cash out, once this thing starts popping the FIN's etc are going to reel this thing in.  XRP will become an institutional only coin.  It may sound bat $H*t crazy but think bout it with XRP's trajectory what value will the individual HODLER be for Ripple, FIN's etc.  My plan is to stack as much as I can while I can rather be brought out than ran out.  Again this is just my opinion!!! 

Edited by RikkiTikki

1 hour ago, Lamberth said:

It seems many people are missing an important point (mainly the ones not interested in technical aspects of Ripple products). XRP Ledger is open source - you can see the progress on GitHub and you can build on this foundation yourself. xRapid is a proprietary software which focuses on some very concrete customers and their feedbacks. It is amazing that we get any info about its progress at all. If you think otherwise - try googling e.g. NEX Infinity. I very much agree with @XRPisVELOCITY and @vsyc, some should wake up and stop dreaming about making millions tomorrow. There is no magic in the world, only hard work.

My eyes finally ran across some "common sense"!!! Moving xRapid into production, like many have said, is what we all want to see and is essentially one of the most important drivers for building XRP's liquidity and much-needed price appreciation. Doesn't make sense for them to rush this at all. I would much rather them get it right the 1st go round than to rush something to market half-ass and riddled with issues. Let's be honest here, Ripple does not get the same level of fair treatment and passes many other known and random platforms can get away with. Ripple is held to what I like to call a "razor's edge standard." Just imagine the cluster-**** of BS that would be hurled at Ripple if its most talked about and praised blockchain tech failed to perform at launch. Heaven would burst into flames and Hell would freeze over. Let them work and get it right the first time!!!! Waiting a few extra months etc. will not kill you.

Couple of questions for you guys, hoping some of you guys can make it more clear for me.  

1) Can xrapid even proceed without a concise regulatory framework in place? Could ripple be waiting on the SEC decision just like the rest of us? 

2) If the SEC deems XRP as a security, wouldn't it destroy the xrapid's potential ecosystem by killing the liquidity for xrp?  

Lol.....I think it’s smart they don’t give an exact date, few weeks, few months....all the same...lol...give a date and fall short...it reflects poorly on you...it’s smart not to commit to dates like that....simply take it as we are working on it and think it’s nearly done.....but things change...what they are attempting is a pretty tremendous task, one I would prefer to wait on, and see done correctly. Cheers to years of waiting ahead.....” the stock market is A device of transferring money from the inpatient to the patient” buffet.....and if you really wanna 10x over night I might suggest the roulette table.... up,down,sideways....whatever lol seat back and enjoy the ride...it’s just money...and it’s not fun if your stressed over it....should be excited to just see what unfolds.

Many talk as if "Ripple" are their friends and are taking these posts personally like "Ripple" is their family. This is a investment, a trade, a tool to make money and that is it! I think many are far too emotionally attached to think objectively.

This delay is not positive.

View from 30,000 ft:

- We have used XRP to transfer money in our own wallets and it takes less than 3 seconds. We could start value transfer companies ourselves if we had the connections, time, and drive. The XRP ledger is already a game changer. Xrapid is organizing it into a cohesive user experience. 

- Ripple has endless resources. The number one thing startups need (cash), ripple has in spades.

Let the macroeconomics play out. The short term is a voting machine, the long term is a scale -Benjamin Graham/Warren Buffett