Amigo

Ran Neuner has seen the light

3 hours ago, Mgcrypto05 said:

Something bigger is at play here. The security argument is overplayed in my opinion. By the security argument, XLM should've been deemed a security ages ago yet they're contemplating adding it. It doesn't make sense at all. With the SEC unwilling to comment, lawsuits, the FED, IMF, BOE all working behind the scenes with Ripple employees tells me there's something brewing. IMO, it'll be for the better. If we're heading where I believe we're heading, we really won't need Coinbase at all from an institutional perspective. Whales and the elite are playing to keep prices down so they can accumulate as much as possible.

this.

8 hours ago, Loki said:

Can't remember where but I read that BG and the CB owner hate each other. Something happened early on. 

maybe this explains that rift

4 hours ago, aye-epp said:

Whales and the elite are playing to keep prices down so they can accumulate as much as possible.

If they wanted to accumulate, they would have just bought at. 8, .6, .5. They dont wait for paychecks. XRP is .4 now. If the fish aren't biting they're either waiting for a juicier bait or just not interested.

And a good sport that he dares to admit it and with that come back from earlier statements:
Indeed the security issue is probably holding things down at the moment. Imagine what will happen a) when a formal statement is made by the SEC that they do not consider XRP to be a security () and after that Coinbase will list it (). 
Coinbase will not list it. Kraken is a us exchange and lists it without problems. So why would it be a problem for coinbase?

I don’t recall any SEC statement on XLM. There is another element at play, not sure if it’s a positive or a negative. 

I still think there’s a possibility that XRP actually gets listed BEFORE any of those coins mentioned.
Partly true. But there's a major difference in distribution of the xlm tokens compared to xrp. So yes xlm is not a security but due to distribution of xrp it's in a grey area.

Something bigger is at play here. The security argument is overplayed in my opinion. By the security argument, XLM should've been deemed a security ages ago yet they're contemplating adding it. It doesn't make sense at all. With the SEC unwilling to comment, lawsuits, the FED, IMF, BOE all working behind the scenes with Ripple employees tells me there's something brewing. IMO, it'll be for the better. If we're heading where I believe we're heading, we really won't need Coinbase at all from an institutional perspective. Whales and the elite are playing to keep prices down so they can accumulate as much as possible.
No xlm would very certainly not be a security.

Then how do they explain about XLM,XLM is similar to XRP yet is much more centralized as the stellar foundation hold 85% of it and not to mention its not escrowed like xrp
Do they sell xlm? How do those get distributed?

Coinbase is NOT the centre of the crypto/digital asset world. The success of XRP does not rely on a Coinbase listing. Agreed, it will help, but please stop. If anything, aiding the Coinbase listing issue helps the FUDDERS as they can always revert back to it as a negative, just like the SEC issue.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Guest

This is all one big unregulated mess. I hope the irony of coinbase manipulating the price while claiming to be concerned about regulatory compliance isn't fooling anyone.

I have nothing to do with coinbase now. We've already got more than enough reason to believe many are profiting handsomely through selling off underlying assets at the last day to make huge gains on deeply leveraged futures, not to mention Tether getting a bit loose from the USD. And then coinbase in broad daylight indicating coins to insiders prior to public announcements.

There is a lot of shady cutthroat capital siphoning going on across the markets while no one watches the store. It is disheartening to watch. I'm glad it's only $250bil or so - although I'm sure the derivatives push it up towards $700bil or more.

Holding for the dawn - looking to the east.

Abismo_Helm.jpg

15 hours ago, Mgcrypto05 said:

Either you're right, or this is going to turn into one of those situations where the clearly superior product still loses, because the other guy has more friends in government than we do.  Every now and then bribery and the good old boys club get together and take down a threat to their system, and it doesn't matter how good that particular product/service/brand/whatever may be.  I keep buying more XRP because I honestly believe in the system and the people growing it (not just RIpple but also Coil, Codius, Xpring initiatives, etc)... when I think about what could make it go wrong, this is the only argument I can't shoot down.  Every logical argument can be beaten with facts about how well the network is doing, how much it's growing, all of that.  But this one terrifies me.  The fact that sometimes you just lose, against all logic and sense, because the other guy has a friend in the government and pulls some strings.

34 minutes ago, Liagala said:

Either you're right, or this is going to turn into one of those situations where the clearly superior product still loses, because the other guy has more friends in government than we do.  Every now and then bribery and the good old boys club get together and take down a threat to their system, and it doesn't matter how good that particular product/service/brand/whatever may be.  I keep buying more XRP because I honestly believe in the system and the people growing it (not just RIpple but also Coil, Codius, Xpring initiatives, etc)... when I think about what could make it go wrong, this is the only argument I can't shoot down.  Every logical argument can be beaten with facts about how well the network is doing, how much it's growing, all of that.  But this one terrifies me.  The fact that sometimes you just lose, against all logic and sense, because the other guy has a friend in the government and pulls some strings.

You make a valid argument and I'm inclined to agree that this could also be the situation. When I think about the potential that is thing has to boost the global economy, it's hard to fathom that the powers that be wouldn't want to profit more from it. All that dormant money sitting in nostro accounts would be free to invest and use to profit more than they already are.  In my opinion, the amount of money that can potentially be made would dwarf the amount that their current system produces. The only thing they wouldn't have is full control of the system, which they may not be willing to give up. Greed, however, is a powerful motivator when looking at the grand scheme of things.

Either way, I'd rather lose it all and be wrong than to sell out and end up being right.

Posted (edited)

C******e is getting called out on Twitter over how XLM, which apparently isn’t a security, was taken from the XRP codebase without consent thereby demonstrating Ripple does not ‘own’ XRP technology.

Edited by Zerpaholic

3 hours ago, Mgcrypto05 said:

That’s what they may have you think. They’re accumulating alright. The thing is, they’re highly upset by the fact that they’re late to this party. They don’t want to just “get in” and share a piece of the pie with us commoners. They want the whole pie and to kick as many of us as they can out the bakery. 

https://www.palmbeachgroup.com/content/palm-beach-daily/the-great-crypto-conspiracy-of-2018/42883/

Makes a very compelling argument although difficult to actually prove . However having studied European history I can confirm these very same seemingly blunt methods to manipulate and control people have been going on for centuries .

8 hours ago, orcablue said:

If they wanted to accumulate, they would have just bought at. 8, .6, .5. They dont wait for paychecks. XRP is .4 now. If the fish aren't biting they're either waiting for a juicier bait or just not interested.

agree but this isn't isolated to just XRP,  rather the market as a whole - and they're definitely interested.

my opinion is that this is all about preparation + timing and it's building towards another massive influx, likely eclipsing the last.