Enterprise Blockchain Consortium R3 Mulls IPO, Outright Sale

Citing anonymous sources familiar with the matter, Bloomberg reports that the New York-based firm has approached advisers holding an initial public offering (IPO). The sources also said that potential buyers have approached the company seeking to purchase it outright.

I wonder if Ripple was one of the prospective buyers? What do you guys think? After all, Brad did mention in a Financial Times article in October 2017 that Ripple could use its 15 billion XRP war chest (market cap of XRP at that time) to  "acquire or partner with rivals"!!!! 

Other Articles: 

1. Ripple Ready To Rumble – Has 100+ Customers, $15 Billion in Reserves

2. ICO News: Ripple's Garlinghouse Could Use $15 Mil War Chest for M&A

Edited by King34Maine
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Citing anonymous sources familiar with the matter, Bloomberg reports that the New York-based firm has approached advisers holding an initial public offering (IPO). The sources also said that potential

20 minutes ago, ed1 said:

I would prefer that SBI buys it rather than Ripple.

They did recommend Ripple partner with R3. SBI acquiring R3 would expand their reach quite a bit, that's for sure. Interesting to consider...

SBI.thumb.png.ab63c529fabfb5e949f4f3e79390da8d.png

44 minutes ago, fiik said:

Arent they in a lawsuit with R3?

Yea, it seems more like a lover's quarrel than anything. It's almost as if one is waiting on the other to blink.  @ed1 mentioned/alluded to a possible SBI buyout. I completely forgot that SBI has the largest stake in R3. So, maybe we could see a combined effort between Ripple and SBI to bring R3 into the SBI-Ripple partnership or SBI could buy them outright. I personally believe that cooler heads will prevail and there will be a mediated agreement between Ripple and R3. They have much more to gain by working with each other rather than against each other.

Edited by King34Maine