Coinbase effect is dead.

So coinbase just announced their intentions of adding a few coins and they pump on average 10% to 15%. 

That's not quite the same effect coinbase was having say even just 6 months ago. 

Shows the advantage of holding out for utility rather than supporting short term pump and dumps that are becoming less and less volatile. 

Notice a bunch of xrp hate comments on coinbase announcement thread. Just remember long term utility leading to sustained price increase beats out short term pump and dump gains. 

Note of caution. Also a reminder we shouldn't have unrealistic hopes of SBI going live. Xrp's day will come when utility kicks in. 

Edit: checking prices. They pumped nowhere near that amount. 

Edited by Guest

bit-coinbase is just one exchange. if thats so important for XRPs success, then IMHO its better for XRP not to get listed there. This is to avoid future situation where BTCbase can crash a rising XRP by delisting them. Let utility drive the price...not FOMO of being added on an exchange

32 minutes ago, Qasim_786 said:

So coinbase just announced their intentions of adding a few coins and they pump on average 10% to 15%. 

That's not quite the same effect coinbase was having say even just 6 months ago. 

Shows the advantage of holding out for utility rather than supporting short term pump and dumps that are becoming less and less volatile. 

Notice a bunch of xrp hate comments on coinbase announcement thread. Just remember long term utility leading to sustained price increase beats out short term pump and dump gains. 

Note of caution. Also a reminder we shouldn't have unrealistic hopes of SBI going live. Xrp's day will come when utility kicks in. 

Edit: checking prices. They pumped nowhere near that amount. 

On a positive note, Coinbase knows that XLM which has the same structure as XRP is not a security. They were just lying about the security concern all along.

2 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

Isn't it profitable to own an exchange????  Why is coinbase the only game in town (in the US).

We are still early doors. I assume once regulation is clarified, we will see a lot more exchanges pop up. 

3 minutes ago, ed1 said:

On a positive note, Coinbase knows that XLM which has the same structure as XRP is not a security. They were just lying about the security concern all along.

Clearly there is an alternative agenda. You have to remember it would now only take a relatively short term pump for xrp to dethrone btc - coinbases cash cow.

So the blog says they are exploring and "cannot guarantee they will be listed for trading."  They also state that "our listing process may result in some of these assets being listed solely for customers to buy and sell, without the ability to send or receive using a local wallet."  Sounds like, send us your money and we will hold on to it for you.  Good luck with that.  I'll stick with Uphold and hopefully Robinhood adds XRP soon.

4 minutes ago, RipMaster said:

So the blog says they are exploring and "cannot guarantee they will be listed for trading."  They also state that "our listing process may result in some of these assets being listed solely for customers to buy and sell, without the ability to send or receive using a local wallet."  Sounds like, send us your money and we will hold on to it for you.  Good luck with that.  I'll stick with Uphold and hopefully Robinhood adds XRP soon.

I am not even concerned about whether they list XRP. What has absolutely irritated me is the fact that they lied about having concerns regarding XRP being classified a security. If they honestly had concerns about XRP, they wouldn't possible be considering adding XLM right now.

So after 6 months of fake concerns and lies about XRP, they just came out and made a statement about a crypto with the exact same properties as if it is supposed to mean nothing. Coinbase are the biggest manipulators of this market, I hope they get arrested for market manipulation.

lol it will never go to Coinbase because not decentralized. Yeah we know Ripple try hard to make people believe it is decentralized but well to bad it is not this is just how it is. 

Stellar might end up on Coinbase I guess and Jeb might laugh hard before he goes to bed. 

15 minutes ago, CoinSnake said:

lol it will never go to Coinbase because not decentralized. Yeah we know Ripple try hard to make people believe it is decentralized but well to bad it is not this is just how it is. 

Stellar might end up on Coinbase I guess and Jeb might laugh hard before he goes to bed. 

1. Dont care

2. It is

3. Dont care

Adding XRP to Coinbas"less" wouldn't do a thang long-term.

Utility, Utility, Utility.

Long term gradually increasing price to unfathomable prices.  Everyone will be using it.  Everybody.  Every single individual will use XRP to transfer value through the internet.  It's inevitable.  IMHO       

27 minutes ago, CoinSnake said:

who is jeb?

Sorry Jed I try to say 

well yes utility sure way more important than exchange listings I am with you 100% but still.

Now they think about giving away 2 billion XRP for free to Banks in India but in the mean time people should buy it and pay ? This reminds me now on the normal FIAT banking system they get it for free to charge the peps on the street interest. 

Sold my XRP at 1.85 and 1.28 was planing to buy it back but I almost come to the point where I do not like it so much anymore. 

5 minutes ago, CoinSnake said:

Sorry Jed I try to say 

well yes utility sure way more important than exchange listings I am with you 100% but still.

Now they think about giving away 2 billion XRP for free to Banks in India but in the mean time people should buy it and pay ? This reminds me now on the normal FIAT banking system they get it for free to charge the peps on the street interest. 

Sold my XRP at 1.85 and 1.28 was planing to buy it back but I almost come to the point where I do not like it so much anymore. 

Forget India. Nobody takes anything you say seriously after your claim xrp is not decentralised. 

Bye x