misterford

Coinbase considering everything but XRP

13 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

Uh-oh! It's you..ED209...let me rest for today...I've seen enough Stellar BS posted in the forums for one day. ;P~~~

Anyway, I didn't say XRP was a security...I keep saying that in IMO it's unclear if XRP is a security, and it's unlikely, again IMO, that XLM is a security.

It's just my opinion...which means sh*t when compared to the SEC's opinion.

sure, you can rest today.

This effectively allows Coinbase to signal to the market that they're adding these assets before they add them in order to avoid the bitcoin cash debacle. They can add them after the market adjusts to the news. There's not much of an argument for not adding XRP when they're adding assets sold by ICO and/or still primarily owned by the governing foundation. Either they figure they don't need to do the same for XRP because there's already been so much speculation or they have reasons unique to XRP for not adding it such as they see it as an existential threat or they have nonpublic knowledge... 

One positive of more digital assets getting added to mobile apps and other services is that users will have more opportunities to directly compare their network speed and fees.

12 hours ago, Deeznutz said:

I hate Coinbase as much as the next guy, especially Brian Armstrong-most-punchable-face-ever. BUT, if Coinbase listed XRP and then the SEC deemed XRP a security, Coinbase would be punished by the SEC for selling an unlicensed security. There is no way in Hades that Coinbase will list XRP until that issue is resolved.

Once it IS resolved, just my opinion, I think Coinbase will list XRP because they are trying to get in on the Japanese market. 

There is a logic to this argument that is worthy of Mr Spock himself.  Live long and prosper.

17 hours ago, King34Maine said:

Exactly!!!! It's ok for Stellar's foundation (SDF) to "hold a majority of XLM" and yet Ripple gets criticized for doing the same thing. The SDF holding/controlling the lions share of XLMs does not make them any more noble or trustworthy than Ripple utilizing Escrow to cryptographically lock/store their XRP holdings. This is equivalent to the expression, "the kettle calling the pot black!!" According to (Stellar website) the SDF holds over ~77 billion XLMs. That’s an awful lot of Lumens for one non-profit to control…an awful lot of CENTRALIZATION in one location.

100% agreed. Stellar is as bad as Ripple in this respect.

26 minutes ago, RippleHerToShreds said:

100% agreed. Stellar is as bad as Ripple in this respect.

They need a new icon in this forum, honestly...the 'smh' emoticon. *sighs*...when I do the "confused" emoticon, it's really a "smh" emoticon.  That's the way I've used it 99% of the time.

Edited by enrique11

We have a US based Crypto exchange that sells XRP, **** Coinbase. Uphold has given me the best customer services I've ever received on an exchange(I have accounts at 6 different ones). They responded to my customer inquiry in less than a day and fixed the issue just as fast. And they are directly integrated into the XRP ledger now, I moved some funds off Binance and into Uphold just last week. I wish we'd stop giving Coinbase so much attention, hopefully they get brought down for insider trading.

2 minutes ago, SomeGuyXRP said:

We have a US based Crypto exchange that sells XRP, **** Coinbase. Uphold has given me the best customer services I've ever received on an exchange(I have accounts at 6 different ones). They responded to my customer inquiry in less than a day and fixed the issue just as fast. And they are directly integrated into the XRP ledger now, I moved some funds off Binance and into Uphold just last week. I wish we'd stop giving Coinbase so much attention, hopefully they get brought down for insider trading.

Not financial advice, just my opinion:

Yeah, I think Bittrex has XRP markets.  Bittrex had some arrangement where they got some legal authority (law firm?) to do a legal review of their cryptos, and they didn't see XRP as a security: https://steemit.com/ripple/@maestroq/bittrex-ceo-bill-shihara-says-ripple-xrp-is-not-a-security

https://cryptoslate.com/bittrex-responds-sec-announcement-regarding-crypto-exchanges/

P.S. - just for those who are outside the US, or are not aware, Bittrex is an American crypto exchange.

Actually, here are the details of the coin submission review process: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000475411-How-do-I-submit-a-token-to-Bittrex-for-listing-

Our compliance review typically requires the applicant to provide a legal memorandum or opinion from its U.S.-qualified outside counsel or an acceptable substitute.

Edited by enrique11

15 hours ago, Pointbreak said:

, Most people on this forum and within the community have already purchased XRP or will know how to purchase XRP. Which makes me believe the only reason for them wanting xrp added  is for the "Coinbase effect" on price, going back to Litecoin / BCH listing these announcements would see 100% + growth, now I think a combination of the "Coinbase effect" wearing off and the fact that we are in a bear market only leads to a 12 hour rise of 10-25% kind of makes the the whole endeavour pointless.  edit- Add to this that the market was clearly manipulated in the case of BCH -

Yes it will open the market up to more newbie retail investors, but they are the ones that if they get burnt we see the court cases pile up. If you cannot navigate the markets / exchanges (which I encourage everyone considering purchasing to try to do) then you should invest in something that you understand.

Bottom point: Who Cares, you are probably invested to try get rich and 25% wont do that, if not stick to what you do in the physical world and purchase your goods from a company that provides you the services you expect. 

IMO disregarding XLM & ADA - Decent choices, but I already know how to buy coins that I am interested and would not do so based on Coinbase listing and Coinbase fees suck.

I live in the US. The Coinbase app is a -huge- liquidity corridor for connected USD accounts to people who don't know what they're doing, yes, but they're not idiots. I don't know the demographics on it but many 40-65 age who want exposure that I know do it that way. It's CB, GDAX, Gemini, and Kraken. Coinbase is the McDonald's of crypto whether we like it or not. By the way, was in drive thru last night, can't tip the guys. Let's get the XRP tip bot on all fast food establishments in the world. Do a QR code on the first window. Or at checkout everywhere. @peebo38

Edited by 7Bs