Great writing thank you.

from the outside looking in, it seems like many FI’s are trialing Ripple’s products and then going to patent their very own products perhaps mimicked from Ripple. It’s frustrating but I realize this is likely a very simplistic view. For example the news that American Express was filing a patent for XXXXXXX recently (I don’t know what to call it thus the X’s).

any comment on that point?

Wew lads, it's early in my neck of the woods yet. 

I just read it as he wants your opinion because he respects you @Hodor. Then again, I'm too lazy to check post history so you know....

Good blog as usual. I can't wait for xrapid!!!

The first step is to build the network in which these Banks/FI's/Businesses can use to facilitate the movement of money. This is where RippleNet comes in, as the company adds more players to the network, the core products (xCurrent, xRapid, and xVia) immediately become more attractive to those on the network. The company already has over 140-150 confirmed clients/partnerships and I think it's fair to assume that they are close to if not over 200 by now. The beauty of the ILP is that it's still best positioned to be used as the underlying protocol that allows the movement of money between different ledgers, using any currency.  So in essence these companies can do this all they want. In the end, they still need to build a network of participants and build working products that took Ripple years to build and test. Ripple is far ahead of any competition at the moment. They have 3 working products, 1 that is live and 2 that are being brought to market. Big things are happening everyday with this company, we're fortunate to be watching history unfold. Also @Hodor, the timing of this post could not have been better....just sat down with a cup of coffee...great read my friend always a pleasure. 

Will there be a harvesting song when patient hodlers reap benefits? Please suggest one.

15 minutes ago, whitefanng said:

Will there be a harvesting song when patient hodlers reap benefits? Please suggest one.

Somebody on Twitter created their own XRP song not too long ago....

Let me see if I have the link somewhere:

40 minutes ago, Men_of_coin said:

the core products (xCurrent, xRapid, and xVia) immediately become more attractive to those on the network. 

Exactly!

It's a tried-and-true marketing strategy employed by almost all of the Silicon Valley giants - sign them up and prove your mettle correctly, and that customer may just use other products as well.  It boggles my mind how some people in crypto still don't see the benefit of signing up hundreds of banks with xCurrent first.  If that's what banks are comfortable with, then game on; it builds out the RippleNet network that much faster:yes3:

Thanks for the comment. 

As ever a great read. We would be missing out without your contribution or more to the point, focus.

I'm not sure whether to view David Schwartz's new position as a promotion or whether it is him filling in for Stefan because it is a damn big hole to fill and few people could do that. It is not mentioned as a "promotion" by Ripple, but it is only semantics on my behalf. I was concerned when Stefan left to set up Coil, but relieved that David has taken on the role and he does seem to have a finger in almost every pie in Ripple anyway - more to the point, donut.