2 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I would very much like that!  I am predicting Q4, but I'll take Q3 :D

In a way we are trying to predict the point at which group disinterest switches into hysterical interest.  It feels like the present is a period of priming and we are waiting for a switch to be triggered, but how does anyone predict the moment where the state changes. 

great blog as usual, Hodor.  VanDyke's background looks like a great addition to the team.  Reading this now and watching David's presentation at Unchained yesterday has me curious about his and the teams confidence in getting XRapid off the ground successfully in the face of a continued bear market.  Its completely ridiculous that XRP is still coupled to BTC given the developments in the XRP ecosystem since Oct of last year.  I feel there's a tremendous amount of manipulation at play but regardless of why, with customers wanting to settle in XRapid and taking advantage of the cost savings do we currently have a healthy enough market to support this organic growth and ultimately force the decoupling with pure utility?  I'm betting yes we do but I'm not on twitter otherwise I'd throw it out in the AMA.  My guess is that they use the monthly escrow release to incentivize participants in unique ways but am certainly curious.  What are your thoughts?

5 hours ago, Hodor said:

I didn't even make it through your first sentence before identifying something completely false.  It's not even close to possible to "mimic" progress from a Silicon Valley company that has over 200 employees and has been in operation since 2012 and has offices on almost every continent.  You just don't 'mimic' something like that. 

If you're goal is to use my thread to make some sort of negative point, can you please refrain and create your own thread. 

Again, I would politely ask that you create your own thread as this is a completely separate topic than what's covered in my blog.  I think you're just posting in my thread to create a larger platform for your point.  

For others that think I'm avoiding this topic, I'm not; I just don't want my blog announcement to get too far off topic.  Here's a much more positive and realistic take on Amex as one of Ripple's customers:

My apologies. No offense intended.

4 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

In a way we are trying to predict the point at which group disinterest switches into hysterical interest.  It feels like the present is a period of priming and we are waiting for a switch to be triggered, but how does anyone predict the moment where the state changes

Go ahead @Julian_Williams I know you're about to bring up Schrödinger's cat.  :JC_thinking: 

5 hours ago, Testudo said:

Do you believe, as do others (my self included) that this effort is not only their own initiative but at the request of the SEC in order to satisfy the security question? 

I'll give a two-part answer:

1)  The validator decentralization plan was created in early 2017, far earlier than when the SEC question was even seriously being considered by anybody in the crypto market IMO.  So no, I don't think that activity is related, but it is good that it was coincidental IMO. 

2) The naming / rebranding is probably related IMO to concerns about potential confusion between the cryptocurrency and the name of the company.  Even though any confusion about it could easily have been addressed by the most basic of Googling, the SEC is charged with protecting investors - no matter how unwise or ignorant they might be.  Because of this, I think Ripple is taking preventative action for later, which I think was a good step. 

About #2: I also support it because as an investor in XRP, I'd like for the ecosystem to gain more diversity of businesses and individuals that are stakeholders, beyond just owners of the digital asset.  We're starting to see businesses invest in building software on XRP, such as Secure Block Chains and Coil.  And of course the XRP development community is now extending to include numerous new Codius devs working on Dapps and smart contracts. 

To support this trend towards a greater diversity of stakeholder businesses and individuals in XRP, I think it was a good step that we opted to support the creation of our own symbol. 

2 hours ago, Hodor said:

Go ahead @Julian_Williams I know you're about to bring up Schrödinger's cat:JC_thinking: 

Spot on although I was not thinking of Schrödinger's cat (I looked it up).  I was trying to visualise madness and how it hits without warning.  For good reasons many people quickly get obsessed by XRP, they touch it once and stick.  I surmise that when the conditions are right this ability XRP has to make us obsessive will spread through otherwise stoic communities like a virus.   

On this subject of "when", it is noticeable that for almost everyone on this forum it is no longer an "if", things have really firmed up these last few months!

Your reports have provided a lot of cohesion and calmed nerves (everyone has moments when they ask themselves "have I missed something here").

5 hours ago, RippleHerToShreds said:

Of course, it's fine if he's posting FOMO?

Ahhh I just looked at your post history.  Looks like he's not the only one trying to use my blog announcement to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Why don't you spend your time gaslighting an easier target.