Sign in to follow this  
Wizann

Ripple in Australia???

I've long understood Ripple to already be working with Australian banks and even the Australian govt, yet I read today that "With respect to Stellar (XLM), the foundation has partnered with IBM which has in-turn partnered with the Australian government for the development of blockchain technology, A.I (artificial intelligence) and quantum computing in the country. This means that the Stellar blockchain and XLM will probably be used by the Australian government along the way."

Source is globalcoinreport.com. 

So, what happened? Is Ripple out of Australia now? Did banks of Australia make a decision regarding Ripple or is this article completely biased and hopeful reporting in support of Stellar/IBM?

Why the panic? Did the article specifically stated that the Australian government would be using stellar? From my understanding, they will working alongside IBM for blockchain, AI and things like that. One of the area that IBM is known for is security. The deal between IBM and the Australian government clearly states that its for "DATA SECURITY". IBM is invested in many blockchain technology, as they should. Just because IBM partners with someone to use blockchain technology does not mean that stellar  is included and doesn't mean that ripple is at risk.

Thank you, but there is no panic involved. I try to keep up with all the developments of the coins I believe are already making enormous strides in all things blockchain. My question stems from the vagueness of "".

43 minutes ago, Wizann said:

partnered with the Australian government for the development of blockchain technology

Wasn't this already in the works with Ripple? 

In a Jun 8, 2017 article written by Joseph Young for CoinTelegraph, the headline reads"Blockchain Will Have Profound Impact on Economy: Australian Government." The article goes on to say several blockchain technologies had been explored and tested for a period of 12 months already for use in different capacities for govt and business. One would expect this since each has it's own strengths and weaknesses.

There is always the chance that the writer of the BM article clearly did not take into account all of the other cryptocurrency and blockchain developments already happening in Australia before singling out Stellar and failing to mention the other decisions by the Commonwealth of Austrailia. Regardless, my question is to confirm what I thought to be true and that is that Ripple is still very involved in Australian financial market. A fair question, no?

So,  don't understand your questions as opposed to answers. I didn't say I was panicking nor did I say I couldn't comprehend the article. I believe my questions were leaning toward receiving a confirmation of some sort that all is well between Ripple and the banks of the Commonwealth of Australia.

This craziness of getting bent sideways at the mere use of certain words on this site is not only old and insulting, it's why you guys will always be the same guys saying the same thing, stroking each other the same way regardless of the so called need to bring in new investors into the XRP space. You clearly cannot be kings eternal while kicking potential investors in the teeth. I predict prevailing ego at THIS site will eventually be its demise as more open-minded and inviting spaces are created to search, develop and support the XRP liquidity solutions. 

The Big 4 Banks in Australia are already partnered with Ripple. When the article talks about Blockchain tech, it does not need to be in the financial sense, the Australian Government owns one of the largest and successful publicly funded research institutions in the world. CSIRO.

Blockchain tech can be used for remittance payments, open data registries, health records, banking, voting, government services and provenance of data and agricultural supply chains. So it is no wonder IBM want to be involved. It does not mean a currency is needed to be involved.

You can read more here.

https://www.data61.csiro.au/en/Our-Work/Safety-and-security/Secure-Systems-and-Platforms/Blockchain

Also, personal attacks are not the correct way to answer people on this forum. Please be respectful to other users that are answering your questions.

1 hour ago, Wizann said:

Thank you, but there is no panic involved. I try to keep up with all the developments of the coins I believe are already making enormous strides in all things blockchain. My question stems from the vagueness of "".

In a Jun 8, 2017 article written by Joseph Young for CoinTelegraph, the headline reads"Blockchain Will Have Profound Impact on Economy: Australian Government." The article goes on to say several blockchain technologies had been explored and tested for a period of 12 months already for use in different capacities for govt and business. One would expect this since each has it's own strengths and weaknesses.

There is always the chance that the writer of the BM article clearly did not take into account all of the other cryptocurrency and blockchain developments already happening in Australia before singling out Stellar and failing to mention the other decisions by the Commonwealth of Austrailia. Regardless, my question is to confirm what I thought to be true and that is that Ripple is still very involved in Australian financial market. A fair question, no?

So,  don't understand your questions as opposed to answers. I didn't say I was panicking nor did I say I couldn't comprehend the article. I believe my questions were leaning toward receiving a confirmation of some sort that all is well between Ripple and the banks of the Commonwealth of Australia.

This craziness of getting bent sideways at the mere use of certain words on this site is not only old and insulting, it's why you guys will always be the same guys saying the same thing, stroking each other the same way regardless of the so called need to bring in new investors into the XRP space. You clearly cannot be kings eternal while kicking potential investors in the teeth. I predict prevailing ego at THIS site will eventually be its demise as more open-minded and inviting spaces are created to search, develop and support the XRP liquidity solutions. 

I try and remember there is a large percentage of immature people that often reply to real sensible and legimite questions. Seems they always smooth seas and  no waves. 

I am like you you and a real XRP upbeat, and hodl.....I believe in Ripple and XRP....but I’ve learned if I have a real question so that I can better understand.....DON’T ask it....instead wait on someone else to ask and take all the crazy FUD pokes and accusations.

sadly....some very good points or question never get asked. 

Sigh :(

1 hour ago, itcdominic said:

That is how it used to be before Jan 2018?

6 hours ago, Wizann said:

That's the attitude of the majority here,the moment you express doubt or negative about the project you will immediately get attacked and told to sell your xrp and leave the site. A lot of emotional people here

17 minutes ago, Merxy said:

the moment you express doubt or negative about the project you will immediately get attacked and told to sell your xrp

If you refer to the other thread where you called the forum a circle jerk then I think it might be a cultural thing... those of us that don’t live inside a gang in an urban wasteland prefer to interact using normal societal norms of civility....

4 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

This site is completely stillborn - what happens when there is only one acceptable tune to hum.

I disagree.    It is neither still nor newly born.

Also any tune you’d like to hum is fine so long as you don’t mix abuse in amongst the tune...

Are we looking at different forums?

1) You've referenced an article that apparently isn't even about XRP or Ripple
2) You've extrapolated that (somehow) into a supposition that Ripple's technology is facing adoption issues in Australia
3) Now you're asking other people to refute the FUD that you have created out of thin air

To top it all off you haven't bothered linking the original source. I think that's what gets people's backs up on this forum.

Sign in to follow this