BANKXRP

David Schwartz Enabling the Internet of Value | UNCHAIN 2018

3 hours ago, Lamberth said:

Interesting comment about Codius - “we have most of it designed, it’s just a lot of execution work and we don’t have resources for it”. It seems we need to hodl our horses with derivative contracts executed on Codius :(

Wondering what David meant by "EXECUTION" of the Codius platform? Is it adopters of the technology I'm assuming....to build services on top of it? Maybe @Pablo can chime in? See David respond to the question here.

2 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

Wondering what David meant by "EXECUTION" of the Codius platform? Is it adopters of the technology I'm assuming....to build services on top of it? Maybe @Pablo can chime in? See David respond to the question here.

It believe it means that they are lacking developers to work on core Codius functionality. Adopters come next.

3 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

Wondering what David meant by "EXECUTION" of the Codius platform?

He means coding work...   creating the actual code that fills the methods and functions defined in the design.  

That doesn’t mean it can’t evolve fairly rapidly though.  Depends on the teams doing the work.  Privately or Open Sourced projects.  

1 minute ago, Lamberth said:

It believe it means that they are lacking developers to work on core Codius functionality. Adopters come next.

Gotcha, I guess I would have expected the core functionality of the platform to have already been developed to some extent since Codius is going to be a core piece of Stefan Thomas's Coil project.

2 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

“We’ll know fairly soon”.  (From memory..   wording might be wrong)

Holy crap...   Brad says this year banks using XRP, David says how high volume affects market will be known soon.  

The writing is in the wall.  

Exactly my thoughts. I wonder how many other people caught that. He sounded confident and eager to quickly state that we will find out soon.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

“We’ll know fairly soon”.  (From memory..   wording might be wrong)

Holy crap...   Brad says this year banks using XRP, David says how high volume affects market will be known soon.  

The writing is in the wall.  

Saw that as well. " . . . I think what market makers are looking for is for people to take the liquidity that they provide, but we'll see very soon."

time point in video: 30:31

Gives me much hope!

Edited by VanGogh
added video time point.

7 hours ago, djdhrubs said:

Wow. He was majestic in how he handled those questions. Must be super rare for a tech geek to be able to communicate so effectively.

He has practiced and his practice has paid off. If you view videos of him speaking in 2016 and 17, he spoke at a much faster pace and used more technical terms. I think the entire space has shifted their discussion to the mainstream audience that is now in blockchain. Similar to how everyone knows what a cellphone is but less than 1 percent of the population can explain how it works, David is targeting the general layman and explaining their product in a way someone with no blockchain experience can understand ( finance, corps., regulatory bodies etc)

7 hours ago, VanGogh said:

Saw that as well. " . . . I think what market makers are looking for is for people to take the liquidity that they provide, but we'll see very soon."

time point in video: 30:31

Gives me much hope!

Wonder what he meant by soon? SBI VC release together with Japanese Bank Consortium using xrapid?

16 hours ago, djdhrubs said:

Wow. He was majestic in how he handled those questions. Must be super rare for a tech geek to be able to communicate so effectively.

Yes! He's a total unicorn of an engineer in this regard.  I've been fortunate enough to have worked with both spectrum's before...the guys who can solve literally anything, but can't handle simple social relationships so you have to work around them.  They are amazing engineers and I'd love them on my team, but they could be on another level if their mind and/or ego would allow them.  And then you get the David's who are just brilliant human beings who can solve / understand anything and then also understand the importance of those simple relationships and have the high level social skills.  Those kinds of people work directly with you from your perspective rather than you having to work around them and seeing everything from their own perspective.

Every time David's gets a new opportunity to discuss and explain the technology behind Ripple at these kinds of conferences it just reminds me how strong that engineering team is with him on board and interfacing with all that young talent they are growing.