BANKXRP

David Schwartz Enabling the Internet of Value | UNCHAIN 2018

I think he's wonderful as well.  At 24m as David is answering a question from the audience he mentions that Ripple's revenue is not coming from the banks, but it's coming from the 'digital asset'- assuming he means XRP. That has me confused.  Can anyone explain what he might have meant?

Posted (edited)

He is such an excellent speaker .

So efficient at dispenseing complex information in a concise and easily understandable manner . Truly brilliant. 

David, Vitalik And Da Hong Fei are the best voices in the space currently . We're  told that Dan Larimer is a great mind but we see so little of him . 

Edited by XRPHornets

26 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

I think he's wonderful as well.  At 24m as David is answering a question from the audience he mentions that Ripple's revenue is not coming from the banks, but it's coming from the 'digital asset'- assuming he means XRP. That has me confused.  Can anyone explain what he might have meant?

Coming from the sale of escrow XRP onto the market . Although I would assume they generate revenue from selling Xcurrent to banks .

43 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

16 minutes ago, XRPHornets said:

Coming from the sale of escrow XRP onto the market . Although I would assume they generate revenue from selling Xcurrent to banks .

Yeah I think what he's implying is that Ripple's continuous operating revenue stream isn't coming from the use of the ripplenet (i.e. consuming revenue-based fees from transactional volume for all participants).  They obvious get paid for the products they offer their customers and supporting those products, but a bulk of the revenue they make comes from the XRP they release and sell off from escrow.  They do breakdown the XRP sold as part of their quarterly reports and additionally I think they keep track of what XRP they sell for operating expenses vs. the XRP sold from free market demand.

Interesting comment about Codius - “we have most of it designed, it’s just a lot of execution work and we don’t have resources for it”. It seems we need to hodl our horses with derivative contracts executed on Codius :(

2 hours ago, Zedy44 said:

Yeah I think what he's implying is that Ripple's continuous operating revenue stream isn't coming from the use of the ripplenet (i.e. consuming revenue-based fees from transactional volume for all participants).  They obvious get paid for the products they offer their customers and supporting those products, but a bulk of the revenue they make comes from the XRP they release and sell off from escrow.  They do breakdown the XRP sold as part of their quarterly reports and additionally I think they keep track of what XRP they sell for operating expenses vs. the XRP sold from free market demand.

Yeah, I assumed this as well.  My understanding was that their operating expenses (to keep the lights on) were not coming from XRP, but from VC and revenues from the licensing, and XRP was being used "strategically" to develop the ripplenet.  Anyway, I've been fooled before, and it's no biggie, just came as a surprise, enough so I inquired about it.

The comments about Codius were instructive as well.  

Good summarizing speech by David.