Sign in to follow this  
Mcripple

I have to be honest. I don’t think crypto will ever recover.

Telegraph Reporter

8 July 2018 • 12:09 PM

Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is 'the next natural step for the global economy', Imperial academics claim

Cryptocurrencies are the "next natural step" for the global economy, academics from Imperial College London

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/07/08/bitcoin-crypto-next-natural-step-global-economy-imperial-academics/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I have a few questions for you:

1. Do you have a hypothesis as to why?  

2. Have you studied the history of the crypto markets and previous bear markets?

I completely disagree with you and have been purchasing what I can with disposable income.  The fundamentals of XRP are incredible and we are lucky enough to be pegged to BTC for the time being which is completely speculative.  Whether that changes in 4 weeks or 12 months I'm not sure but it will change.  You have the opportunity to purchase a digital asset today which shows incredible promise for a little more than twice its price last Summer when things were FAR MORE speculative.  

By the way my answer to question 1 above is that institutions and whales will do anything to accumulate as much as they can and for as cheap as they can and that in some way the market is manipulated.  The only protection against this manipulation is to buy the dips and hold.  For question 2 its not at all uncommon to see prices 80-90% off the previous all-time highs and accompanying events that some fear spell the end of the market.  Its quite common actually.  

Posted (edited)

Stop watching the price for a while because that is exactly what the strong hands wants you to think so they can buy your crypto on a discount...last year the crypto market went through the same bear market right until it suddenly out of nowhere changed into the big bull market of December. Conditions before the bull run was no different from what we are having now like how you are feeling.

Edited by Arnold

https://www.palmbeachgroup.com/content/palm-beach-daily/the-great-crypto-conspiracy-of-2018/42883/

"Today, I’m seeing banks, regulators, and the press drown the market in negative news. They’re using the same old trick Hearst used to scare speculators so he could scoop up the Homestake mine for pennies…

Guess what? It’s working.

Institutions are getting the best prices on cryptos since mid-2017… While the average investor is panic-selling, big investors are buying.

Over the last 90 days, we’ve seen some of the biggest investors in the world flood into cryptos:

Wall Street investment bank Goldman Sachs announced that it would launch a crypto trading desk.

Susquehanna—the 12th-largest trading firm in the world by volume—announced it would start trading cryptos, too. The firm even went as far as creating its own custody company to hold its cryptos.

Billionaire investor George Soros—one of the world’s greatest moneymakers—gave the green light to his team to buy cryptos.

Coinbase—one of the world’s largest crypto exchanges—launched a crypto index fund for wealthy investors and institutions.

Financial services company State Street said it’s considering acting as a custodian for bitcoin. State Street has $2.7 trillion under management.

Wellington Capital—with over $1 trillion of assets under management—stated its intention to start trading bitcoin.

The Rockefeller family’s venture capital firm, Venrock, said it’s also buying cryptos.

Every important lawyer I talk to in the investment space is overwhelmed with crypto questions from their institutional clients. That’s just the latest evidence that institutions are trying to get into this market—not stay out of it."

Posted (edited)

I hit my target XRP holding earlier this year - if we see further declines I've got some cash ready to buy more.  The opportunity will be too good to miss.

Edited by dadofzara

2 minutes ago, Mcripple said:

Thanks to all who replied. No offense intended 

You’re fine. No one is offended and if they are then they are wayyyy to easily offended. Anywho, I would ask you this question, which is the same one I ask myself, “Would your logic and reason feel comfortable selling everything and walking away, or would it be screaming you fool?” My emotions hate this market, but I refuse to let the tail wag the dog. My logic and reason will won the day and I would be more nervous walking away than sitting in.

4 minutes ago, Mcripple said:

Thanks to all who replied. No offense intended 

Non taken. Many have felt the same the first time they hit red. 

It takes time to adjust but atleast you know you are invested in something that should give you a great return in the long run.

The market could well get a lot worse before it gets better. I would just put your crypto to the back of yohr mind and get on with life for the next 3 years. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mcripple said:

I realize that makes me public enemy #1 around here but I hold a significant amount of XRP and I plan to keep holding simply out of pure stubbornness. 

I hope I’m wrong because watching values go down for seven straight months now has been utter misery

Depends. It comes down to FIs, governments vs the people that adopt this technology.   Will FIs, governments, and other interests based around centralized legacy power beat crypto investors to adoption and the dumb/lazy masses facilitate this adoption by enabling FIs, governments by the masses adopting legacy/establishment crypto products instead of trying to figure things out on their own and adopt those products that give them the most financial freedom from legacy systems? ...or will the people be smart enough, motivated enough, or care enough, and the technology user friendly enough and FIs, governments, media not be powerful enough to steer adoption favoring the status quo?

Sorry, somebody forced me at knifepoint to give my opinion. :P~~~~~

I'm not talking about XRP since it favors the status quo...I'm talking about cryptos that allow everyone to benefit the most from adoption or cryptos that depend the least or not at all on financial legacy systems, those that offer regular users (the masses) the most independence from those existing systems and allow them to succeed with minimal interference from financial, political, corporate, etc. interests ("legacy interests").

IMO, generally, as a rough metric, the more cryptos on coinmarketcap.com that survive, the more freedom the masses have over legacy interests having their crypto products succeed that don't involve the masses directly (middlemen) or cut them out altogether from investing in crypto solutions directly.

Edited by enrique11
additional comment

Sign in to follow this