• 31 - 35 years old
    • 36 - 40 years old
    • 41 - 45 years old
    • 46 - 50 years old
    • 51 - 55 years old
    • 56 - 60 years old
    • 61 - 65 years old
    • Over 65

35- rolling over into the 36-40 club in December. Bought bitcoin at $3,600 when it tanked to $3,400. I got so scared I sold and watched it climb to $12,000. Then I started reading about XRP after someone on a message board on zerohedge said they thought it was the only token worth having. Once I learened about it I was sold.  Bought my first zeros at .18 and remembered what happened to my bitcoin epic fail while I read about the most stable coin ever during our 3-4 month sideways action while everyone else was going up. Now I don’t sweat it because this market is a familiar lady to me. She’s beautiful but she’ll be cruel to you if you let her get in your head :shock:

19 going to 20 next month,invested a sizable chunk and am sitting 70% in red rn,thank god that younger people have harder balls :banana:

Edited by Tiamat

17 minutes ago, Deeznutz said:

45. It's funny though, in your mind you always stay young. 

Not to be morbid but after watching my elderly experience old age and eventually pass on, and watching my family help them through it, I honestly believe we are always children in a way. every year and every decade, every milestone is something we experience for a first time eventually and we are new to it.  We collect wisdom and try to share it, we attempt to create a better world for those who follow us, we learn how to treat the earth and each other better, we develop habits and opinions and ideas, technologies and knowledge, but everything is still new to us until the day we are gone, we are always at least a little childlike, and I think for me, that embracing that side of life makes life much more fun. There is no reason a person at 80 can't look at the world with the same childlike awe as a 7 year old who sees the giant water slide for the first time.  When we begin to think that we are no longer childlike in any way, we lose the fun and sense of adventure that makes life amazing. 

Remember the first time you walked into the High School when you were 14 or 15 and how exciting it was. Or when you were 21 at your first club, or when you were 30 on a "real" adult vacation with your baby, or your baby at home, and the first time your kid gets a base hit, then the return to new hobbies in your 40s. And now I watch my parents and inlaws as they approach retirement and buy their toys and RV's and go on long road trips and experience all these new great things life has to offer like the first time I was tall enough to ride the roller coast, or the first time I slept out in the back fourty with a tent I made myself, or the first time I did anything adventurous and new. I think adult is just an idea that we sometimes create as an excuse to no longer enjoy the sweetness of life's adventures which come to us at every stage. 

Edited by RegalChicken

5 hours ago, RegalChicken said:

Agreed. I'm 35. I can't remember but I thought @alpha6164 was in that 55-65 bracket? maybe he'll pipe in. XRP attracts more seasoned investors. 

A lot of the alt coins remind me of collecting pogs (or milkcaps, if you will) when I was 9.

Damn you made me old lol. I am 43.  You see the abs in the picture? How many 65yo are rocking a 6 pack lol  joking of course kind of not lol

I will be 52 in September.

In my personal business, I often have to send money to suppliers overseas. Back in 2013, I was generally frustrated with the time and cost of the transactions. It was then that I learned about cryptocurrencies. After doing some research, I decided to take any winnings from my weekly poker game during January 2014 and buy XRP, believing that some company would eventually come up with an easier, cheaper, and faster way to transfer funds. As luck would have it, I had a decent run of cards that month. I bought XRP and pretended I lit the money on fire. I left it on the exchange, and actually forgot all about it until it jumped in 2017 and a friend sent me an email asking me if I still had it.

Bought a Ledger Nano, transferred everything to my safe, and now I try (unsuccessfully) not to check the price every day.

Edited by Nooner
spelling

3 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

Damn you made me old lol. I am 43.  You see the abs in the picture? How many 65yo are rocking a 6 pack lol  joking of course kind of not lol

I don't know about anyone else but I don't see any abs when I look at that pic....just some sweet ass cars. Very nice.

45 , actually pretty well off, but hidious expenses! Mortgage, School Fees, Wife with an expensive taste for holidays.

Mainly have XRP as it something that isn’t a run of the mill asset class. I already have Stocks, a big Pension Fund, Gold and a good house. But these are all boring and relatively safe. I’m looking for something that will seriously outperform.

Edited by Mikhail_Liebenstein

3 minutes ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

45 , actually pretty well off, but hidious expenses! Mortgage, School Fees, Wife with an expensive taste for holidays.

Buy a w221 S-class Long diesel and travel it for a month long all across Europe. Sell it afterwards. I did it. Lot of fun and cheap as ****.

In the 20-25 bracket, been working my first full time salaried job for the past year so I've been able to set aside money to buy XRP. I heard about bitcoin way back when it was $50 and was going to buy some, but I didn't view it as an investment then, just a way to buy stuff off silk road, so I don't really beat myself up about that

I'm lucky to have a family that helped put me through school, so I dont have any debt to pay off. So my mentality with my XRP holding is basically as an expensive lottery ticket. No doubt it will appreciate to some degree in the coming months/years, with the chance that it could turn into lottery money. If I lose the amount I invested, my life doesn't change at all. I don't feel the pressure of paying off debts or a mortgage, so I'm willing to wait until it turns into some life changing amount of money. Like start working part time/travel/do charity work level money