• 31 - 35 years old
    • 36 - 40 years old
    • 41 - 45 years old
    • 46 - 50 years old
    • 51 - 55 years old
    • 56 - 60 years old
    • 61 - 65 years old
    • Over 65

41 years young here...I was not interested in crypto until I found the jewel of them all that is XRP. I have a professional full time job but would not mind leaving the rat race earlier than normal retirement. I believe it would be possible with XRP in the coming years...

16 minutes ago, zerp4eva said:

At 57, I'm definitely one of the older ones here.  I've worked in IT (software, hardware, and coding) most of my life, and it was blockchain technology that initially captured my interest.  Unimpressed with the technical limitations of Bitcoin, I discovered XRP and its superior algorithm, which led me to researching Ripple the company.   I have been saving for retirement for many years, but like many Americans my age, I have enough to cover basic retirement; but more money needs added for it to be considered "secure".  So I rolled the dice last summer and took 20% of that money and purchased XRP, most of it below 18 cents.  If XRP were to completely tank, then it would be a definite setback, but not a disaster.  I have been increasing my XRP holdings since March during this bear market.  If XRP increases substantially, I will be able to enjoy a dream retirement, assist my extended family financially, and do some charitable work.  I promote XRP on forums, Telegram, Twitter, YouTube; run an XRP validator and Codius host, and assist in any way I can to help it achieve success.

Good to have you on the team ?

20 minutes ago, ukkomies said:

17 , feeling lucky to be part of this at this age, but at the same time little bit worried about my zerp stack. I mean, cant afford such amounts as you older people. 

You are very lucky. See it this way, in this topic, you are a "1 percenter". Make it up on the back end by holding xrp for a longer time than others who can invest more (for a shorter period).

20 minutes ago, zerp4eva said:

At 57, I'm definitely one of the older ones here.  I've worked in IT (software, hardware, and coding) most of my life, and it was blockchain technology that initially captured my interest.  Unimpressed with the technical limitations of Bitcoin, I discovered XRP and its superior algorithm, which led me to researching Ripple the company.   I have been saving for retirement for many years, but like many Americans my age, I have enough to cover basic retirement; but more money needs added for it to be considered "secure".  So I rolled the dice last summer and took 20% of that money and purchased XRP, most of it below 18 cents.  If XRP were to completely tank, then it would be a definite setback, but not a disaster.  I have been increasing my XRP holdings since March during this bear market.  If XRP increases substantially, I will be able to enjoy a dream retirement, assist my extended family financially, and do some charitable work.  I promote XRP on forums, Telegram, Twitter, YouTube; run an XRP validator and Codius host, and assist in any way I can to help it achieve success.

Damn, XRP must seem amazing compared to the way you guys used to send money back and forth on those pterodactyls. 

1 minute ago, stefanosd said:

I bet the average age here is higher than other cyrptocurrency communities. I feel like it's easier for a 20 year old to be a crypto-anarchist / BTC maximalist than a 35 year old.

Agreed. I'm 35. I can't remember but I thought @alpha6164 was in that 55-65 bracket? maybe he'll pipe in. XRP attracts more seasoned investors. 

A lot of the alt coins remind me of collecting pogs (or milkcaps, if you will) when I was 9.

53 here....close to the same story as @Zerp4evaeven down to my IT roles.  I had a little of everything for awhile but the more research proved to me that its only a matter of TIME for XRP to be the standard for settlement / cross-boarder solutions. so I've slowly realigned heavy into XRP.   

The plan for me is to cushion my retirement and help my family. and I will be buying a full barrel of Jack Daniels to celebrate when XRP hits $30 and yes...I see this happening within 3 years. 

25 minutes ago, zerp4eva said:

I am right behind you ))  at 54 I am also a "mature "  yet young at heart XRP Holder !   Looking forward to what our XRP future holds.  

23 - I was already watching stocks (especially volkswagen after the crash) and fiat exchanges years ago but joining the crypto market last year is actually my first ever investment I made and thus all the pessimistic attitude i see on the forums I think XRP and its community with all its use cases etc. seemed most solid to me.

I have to admit I invested in ETH first but after looking into what i am actually buying I continued to look around for oppurtunities  and found XRP- I am 100% in XRP (ok maybe 99.9% i still have really low amounts DASH and ETH which I do not bother selling).

We will see brighter days again and all forget about the bear market of 2018.

Edited by Sarnos