CoinTrek

10 XRP Deducted Codius

After entering my wallet secret during the codius setup procedure on medium 10 XRP was deducted. Is that expected? Anybody else notice that? If it's normal why is that happening? 

The setup of a payment channel connecting to the Interledger (necessary for your host to receive money) requires 10 XRP. In the event you close the payment channel, the 10 XRP can be reclaimed.

2 hours ago, CoinTrek said:

Ah! Well thank you for the explanation.  I set up a separate wallet just for this and having 10 XRP just disappear was a little unnerving. 

I've set up my host https://codius.cointrek.voyage/version but I don't see it on codiushosts.com and it's been a while. Any ideas? Do I need to bring the balance back up to 36XRP? 

You might want to check that the required services are running on your server:

systemctl status hyperd

systemctl status moneyd-xrp

systemctl status codiusd

Additionally, do check that your firewall has been configured to allow incoming traffic to ports 443 and 7768:

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=443/tcp --permanent

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=7768/tcp --permanent

Also check that proxy pass has been set for Nginx using the following:

echo 'return 301 https://$host$request_uri;' > /etc/nginx/default.d/ssl-redirect.conf

For more real-time support on setting up and configuring a Codius host, head over to:

https://gitter.im/codius/codius-chat

Posted (edited)

Ok, so let's say I am installing on a new virtual machine. I installed moneyd. I made a mistake and then I erased the virtual machine and started all over again. The 2nd time I used the new wallet I used on the first install. I still have only one host on the wallet. Is this ok or do I need to follow through with no mistakes and use the same virtual machine for moneyd?

Edited by ChronicUrges

9 hours ago, ChronicUrges said:

Ok, so let's say I am installing on a new virtual machine. I installed moneyd. I made a mistake and then I erased the virtual machine and started all over again. The 2nd time I used the new wallet I used on the first install. I still have only one host on the wallet. Is this ok or do I need to follow through with no mistakes and use the same virtual machine for moneyd?

A payment channel is created when moneyd is set up on your machine and it links your XRP ledger account to the Interledger for the flow of money. A wallet is just a convenient interface to an XRP ledger account. For the second install, you would want to do a payment channel cleanup (referring to the tutorial from @retryW above). The reason for doing this is because the moneyd installation script does not check for an existing payment channel that it can use but instead creates a new one when run. The payment channel cleanup would release the XRP reserved from the first payment channel setup; it is also good housekeeping to avoid having unused payment channels sitting around. Hope this helps.

10 hours ago, zerpBeliever said:

A payment channel is created when moneyd is set up on your machine and it links your XRP ledger account to the Interledger for the flow of money. A wallet is just a convenient interface to an XRP ledger account. For the second install, you would want to do a payment channel cleanup (referring to the tutorial from @retryW above). The reason for doing this is because the moneyd installation script does not check for an existing payment channel that it can use but instead creates a new one when run. The payment channel cleanup would release the XRP reserved from the first payment channel setup; it is also good housekeeping to avoid having unused payment channels sitting around. Hope this helps.

Thanks a ton it does help. But I don't want to end the channel , I want the channel to work on the new server I set up. The server is running and I just checked MoneyD on the system and it is Green and running. If this is the case, I am assuming the payment channel is ok.....right? I will eventually find out when they pay out at the end of the month I would assume. As of now, there are small upticks in the wallet , the .01 additions every other day like other people are referring to. 

Sorry to ask so many questions and thank you for the help. I am new to this (obviously), but I am in it and want to learn something new like this and take care of it properly. As of right now I am going to bookmark the links I may need in the future but it SEEMS like the channel is open. Does Codius pay out at the end of the month ?? Last night I was running 10 contracts on one machine while they were doing system stress tests, I am assuming I will see something at the end of the month here.....

Just now, ChronicUrges said:

Thanks a ton it does help. But I don't want to end the channel , I want the channel to work on the new server I set up. The server is running and I just checked MoneyD on the system and it is Green and running. If this is the case, I am assuming the payment channel is ok.....right? I will eventually find out when they pay out at the end of the month I would assume. As of now, there are small upticks in the wallet , the .01 additions every other day like other people are referring to. 

Sorry to ask so many questions and thank you for the help. I am new to this (obviously), but I am in it and want to learn something new like this and take care of it properly. As of right now I am going to bookmark the links I may need in the future but it SEEMS like the channel is open. Does Codius pay out at the end of the month ?? Last night I was running 10 contracts on one machine while they were doing system stress tests, I am assuming I will see something at the end of the month here.....

No worries, glad to be of help. We are all learning. The payments are settled based on the threshold settings in your configuration files. The small upticks that you see in your Codius host linked wallet periodically are likely already the pro-rated payments based on your monthly cost setting. 

Posted (edited)

I have 2 wallets for 2 servers. I didnt bother trying to add 2 wallets to the 1 server btw. 

When are the actual payouts? End of the month?

Edited by ChronicUrges

1 hour ago, ChronicUrges said:

I have 2 wallets for 2 servers. I didnt bother trying to add 2 wallets to the 1 server btw. 

When are the actual payouts? End of the month?

As mentioned in my previous post, the small upticks that you see in your wallet are likely already the pro-rated payments (payouts) for the contracts that were running on your host. Pro-rata formula: (your configured cost per month / number of seconds in the month) X (running duration of the hosted pod in seconds)