Jump to content
Zerp_Legend

Does Claire still work for Ripple?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jbjnr2 said:

Clearly Ripple as an organisation does not believe XRP is a security, but can you comment on when Ripple believes this answer might be cleared up formally by the SEC so that

  • FIs can use it for the purpose it was intended without fear of legal problems
  • members of the community can stop worrying about the potential downside of a decision classifying it as a security

A general timescale such as Q3, Q4, 2019, beyond 2020 would be very helpful. In the same vein, the outstanding lawsuits against ripple that will be decided this year or next - once they are concluded - is that the end of the story, or does the uncertainty continue. What is the process that Ripple are (presumably) waiting for that will conclude this chapter of the story and allow XRP to move on.

I realize that Ripple has to tread carefully to not jeopardize upcoming lawsuits, but anything that you are permitted to say would be welcome.

Commenting ongoing legal issues or open questions (or what happens after), namely providing timescales (even if estimates based on what they know now), is usually a bad idea, especially if what is said is then going to be used by people/institutions to make financial decisions. If they were able, allowed, and thought it would be a good idea to share more information without running into trouble, think they would've already done it to a wider audience. Just to make it clear, I'm not, nor was I ever in the past, professionally associated with Ripple or their employees (to the best of my current knowledge); this is just my reading of the situation.

39 minutes ago, Plikk said:

All we wish in return is some appreciation and comfirmation we are on the right track and some encouraging towards our dedication to the company you work for. I really hope that is not too much to ask for and we are taken seriously as the early adopters to the technology you and I will use so much in the future. 

Would you be able to clarify what you mean by "we are on the right track" (doing what and track to where) and your understanding of "dedication to the company"? :)

Edited by Socrates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Commenting ongoing legal issues or open questions (or what happens after), namely providing timescales (even if estimates based on what they know now), is usually a bad idea, especially if what is said is then going to be used by people/institutions to make financial decisions. If they were able, allowed, and thought it would be a good idea to share more information without running into trouble, think they would've already done it to a wider audience. Just to make it clear, I'm not, nor was I ever in the past, professionally associated with Ripple or their employees (to the best of my current knowledge); this is just my reading of the situation.

Would you be able to clarify what you mean by "we are on the right track" (doing what and track to where) and your understanding of "dedication to the company"? :)

A lot of members here are very active on supporting Ripple and XRP on Twitter, writing and sharin amazing blogs, setting up Codius servers, counter FUDDERS online, come up with ideas for Ripple/XRP to implement or expand to, share investor insights and helping people get to know the distinction between Ripple and the XRP token. 

Most of us, besides being investors, really want Ripple to succeed in their endeavor and we dedicate our time and effort into supporting it. Some members have expressed their concerns about XRP being a security or some statements made by Ripple employees about production/XRapid dates that have not been very transparent and I expect those issues to be addressed accordingly. 

Edited by Plikk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Plikk said:

A lot of members here are very active on supporting Ripple and XRP on Twitter, writing and sharin amazing blogs, setting up Codius servers, counter FUDDERS online, come up with ideas for Ripple/XRP to implement or expand to, share investor insights and helping people get to know the distinction between Ripple and the XRP token. 

Thank you for the clarification. :)

Given the current push by Ripple to establish, or make it clear, the (obvious) difference between the company and XRP (and the network to which its native to), what would be, in your opinion, the prudent approach to showing appreciation (blanket, without a context or in very particular conversations) or confirming courses of action?

12 hours ago, Plikk said:

Most of us, besides being investors, really want Ripple to succeed in their endeavor and we dedicate our time and effort into supporting it. Some members have expressed their concerns about XRP being a security or some statements made by Ripple employees about production/XRapid dates that have not been very transparent and I expect those issues to be addressed accordingly. 

Regarding XRP being a security, independently of what we think, it's up to the institutions with a legal mandate to make those decisions to do so. Unless there are legal instruments that Ripple can use to require a decision within a certain timeframe, there isn't probably much they could, are allowed, or think it's beneficial (to a good outcome) to tell us. Discretion is sometimes required (if that's the case or not, I don't know, but speculate it might be).

About xRapid - time, money, scope: pick two. Anyone that works with software will tell you that it's ready when it's ready. You can set a date as much as you want, but that won't change the fact that all the features you want may not be ready by then. The further you go into a project, the more information you gather, the more you learn, the more unknowns you uncover and you are constantly updating your perception of when you think it could be ready. Managing expectations of when a project is going to be "finished" or "ready for production" is already hard when you are only working within your organisation. It becomes even harder when interacting/integrating with other organisations. This probably explains why they haven't been clear, or even evasive, regarding dates.

How would you feel if they said that xRapid would be ready by Q3 2018 (better to be roughly right than exactly wrong, right? :) ) and then uncovered problems that meant they would fail to deliver during that period? Same thing applies for a SEC decision on whether XRP is a security or not.

One thing we all need to remember is that regulation and legal matters can be complex. Apart from the legal cases, I don't know if other processes are secretly underway by regulators or other institutions. Risk management becomes more important than ever and this means being really careful with what you say, especially when you are under scrutiny and fighting what some people would consider to be an uphill battle against entrenched interests.

Again, this is my personal reading of the situation. Take it with a grain, or two, of salt.

Edited by Socrates
Corrected a typo. Clarified a passage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 10:42 AM, xrpmeplease said:

I enjoy coming to this forum for learning, discussion and entertainment...but I can understand why you don't spend more time here, some of the interactions/postings directed at you specifically have been, well frankly, cringe worthy...anyways, good luck to you and your colleagues in your work at Ripple.

Thank you, I reserve my engagement for when it's valuable to the community, when I can help organize meet ups or communicate some of the great community engagement opportunities we have, like the AMA last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 4:15 PM, Socrates said:

Commenting ongoing legal issues or open questions (or what happens after), namely providing timescales (even if estimates based on what they know now), is usually a bad idea, especially if what is said is then going to be used by people/institutions to make financial decisions. If they were able, allowed, and thought it would be a good idea to share more information without running into trouble, think they would've already done it to a wider audience. Just to make it clear, I'm not, nor was I ever in the past, professionally associated with Ripple or their employees (to the best of my current knowledge); this is just my reading of the situation.

Would you be able to clarify what you mean by "we are on the right track" (doing what and track to where) and your understanding of "dedication to the company"? :)

We are working on our use case of removing friction from global payments through our enterprise software and we appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for our mission. We know that a better world is out there, where value can move as easily as information moves today, and we are working hard to make that future a reality ASAP. When we have communications, we announce them broadly through our Twitter account, Insights, and through media coverage. We will continue to do that so we can inform the largest audience possible when we have important updates. Everyone is always really understanding, and we appreciate this a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 10:49 AM, Mr_Cambridge said:

Thank you for joining us today. I know you must be incredibly busy with work and other obligations with the immense community backing XRP and especially Ripple the company.

I do have a question and feel free to respond if and when you can:

If a group of us from this XRP Chat community band together, with a great idea to support and expand the XRP ecosystem, will Ripple fund or find a way to support the venture? Please asked Brad ?. There are a few of us here with great ideas and a passion for progress. 

This is a great question, thank you. This spring we launched Xpring with this exact idea in mind. You can learn more about it here: http://xpring.co/ The whole idea is to support ventures building on the XRP ledger and to grow the ecosystem. If you have a business idea, submit it there. Otherwise, the XRP Ledger developer portal just got an overhaul (easier to navigate and more straight forward documentation) and also has information for people who want to 'get their hands dirty' using the XRP ledger, but may not have a full fledged business use case just yet. https://developers.ripple.com/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 3:37 PM, Plikk said:

To be fair, checking this board once a month, is hardly ‘engaging’ with the Ripple and XRP community. We all had high hopes when you joined this forum and presented a good oppurtunity to direct questions to and communicate with someone that could clarify some diffcult issues. 

Of course, no speculation or inside information is apprecaited, we all get that. But I have seen multiple questions directed to you with no response whatsoever. I dare say that we are the most hardcore XRP and Ripple fans/believers out there and we have spent lots of time/money/effort to help us an Ripple out in expanding the ecosystem. 

All we wish in return is some appreciation and comfirmation we are on the right track and some encouraging towards our dedication to the company you work for. I really hope that is not too much to ask for and we are taken seriously as the early adopters to the technology you and I will use so much in the future. 

I appreciate the whole community a lot, everyone has been very welcoming and helpful as I learn. I'm not sure what you are asking for in terms of 'appreciation or confirmation' but we do really appreciate everyone who supports our mission to remove friction from global payments. Keep in mind as well that there are many different online communities, all with the same request, that I engage more. I'm balancing engaging with all the different online forums and will always do so when there are good questions that I can provide answers to. I also like to come on and share the community engagement opportunities we have, like last weeks AMA. If you want more from me, you might be misunderstanding the purpose of my job here, which is Head of Community for Ripple. I don't pretend to represent the broader XRP ecosystem, which this forum is devoted to. There are tons of great conversations going on and you all don't need me to chime in because you have each other.  I will again ask that anyone with a legit question kindly repost and I'll be happy to answer it directly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, peebo38 said:

This is a great question, thank you. This spring we launched Xpring with this exact idea in mind. You can learn more about it here: http://xpring.co/ The whole idea is to support ventures building on the XRP ledger and to grow the ecosystem. If you have a business idea, submit it there. Otherwise, the XRP Ledger developer portal just got an overhaul (easier to navigate and more straight forward documentation) and also has information for people who want to 'get their hands dirty' using the XRP ledger, but may not have a full fledged business use case just yet. https://developers.ripple.com/ 

Thank you, Claire! Great information ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, peebo38 said:

I appreciate the whole community a lot, everyone has been very welcoming and helpful as I learn. I'm not sure what you are asking for in terms of 'appreciation or confirmation' but we do really appreciate everyone who supports our mission to remove friction from global payments. Keep in mind as well that there are many different online communities, all with the same request, that I engage more. I'm balancing engaging with all the different online forums and will always do so when there are good questions that I can provide answers to. I also like to come on and share the community engagement opportunities we have, like last weeks AMA. If you want more from me, you might be misunderstanding the purpose of my job here, which is Head of Community for Ripple. I don't pretend to represent the broader XRP ecosystem, which this forum is devoted to. There are tons of great conversations going on and you all don't need me to chime in because you have each other.  I will again ask that anyone with a legit question kindly repost and I'll be happy to answer it directly.  

Thank you for your reply. I am happy to see you have taken our concerns seriously and I now better understand your role within our community. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 7:38 PM, peebo38 said:

legit questions I haven't answered. 

Claire, I know you guys are probably fairly busy with other stuff, but maybe you could point me out to an email or a person that I can contact about this - last year the XRP ledger celebrated 5 year anniversary and there was a giveaway of t-shirts by Ripple - I actually managed to win 2 - one for me and one for my sister. They were supposed to be shipped by the end of February but I still haven't received any of them, haha.

Usually I wouldn't care much, but since I barely win anything from any games it would be nice to have a t-shirt, I don't want two anymore, just one, my sister can take it :D I can send an email to someone with my name and the email - they should have this somewhere in a database and can verify that I actually won

Cheers

p.s. I think there was also a thread a couple of months ago somewhere on this forum and quite a lot of people were waiting for 4-5 months for their t-shirts as well so I can't imagine I'm the only one

 

Edited by iLeeT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, peebo38 said:

I appreciate the whole community a lot, everyone has been very welcoming and helpful as I learn. I'm not sure what you are asking for in terms of 'appreciation or confirmation' but we do really appreciate everyone who supports our mission to remove friction from global payments. Keep in mind as well that there are many different online communities, all with the same request, that I engage more. I'm balancing engaging with all the different online forums and will always do so when there are good questions that I can provide answers to. I also like to come on and share the community engagement opportunities we have, like last weeks AMA. If you want more from me, you might be misunderstanding the purpose of my job here, which is Head of Community for Ripple. I don't pretend to represent the broader XRP ecosystem, which this forum is devoted to. There are tons of great conversations going on and you all don't need me to chime in because you have each other.  I will again ask that anyone with a legit question kindly repost and I'll be happy to answer it directly.  

Spot on Claire. One of the strengths of the Ripple/XRP community is the technical/usage central focus. It would be very wrong to support the marginal "XRP price dreams" with Q, direct or indirect, sounding like "when moon?" or "when lambo?"
Of course XRP valuation is one of the issues linked to the Ripple succes. But first one has the idea, then the funding, then the developments and builds, than the sales, than the usage.... and only thereafter the (real) valuation of a company.
So the latter shouldn't be discussed to much... not yet...

And for my part, you're doing well, focusing to link usage & development bidirectional with the communities. No need for a daily presence on all fora neither to join the hype and next day expectations. Good job! You've all my support!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

the email - they should have this somewhere in a database and can verify that I actually won

Awesome mate that's a lovely thing to win.  I will bet that Claire @peebo38 will be able to sort you out....  shame they missed you,  but I'm fairly certain they have been busy changing the world so I'm sure we can forgive them!    :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

Claire, I know you guys are probably fairly busy with other stuff, but maybe you could point me out to an email or a person that I can contact about this - last year the XRP ledger celebrated 5 year anniversary and there was a giveaway of t-shirts by Ripple - I actually managed to win 2 - one for me and one for my sister. They were supposed to be shipped by the end of February but I still haven't received any of them, haha.

Usually I wouldn't care much, but since I barely win anything from any games it would be nice to have a t-shirt, I don't want two anymore, just one, my sister can take it :D I can send an email to someone with my name and the email - they should have this somewhere in a database and can verify that I actually won

Cheers

p.s. I think there was also a thread a couple of months ago somewhere on this forum and quite a lot of people were waiting for 4-5 months for their t-shirts as well so I can't imagine I'm the only one

Might add to this: Why not set up a "Community Ripple Gadget Store" with Ripple/XRP stuff one only can pay with XRP? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Awesome mate that's a lovely thing to win.  I will bet that Claire @peebo38 will be able to sort you out....  shame they missed you,  but I'm fairly certain they have been busy changing the world so I'm sure we can forgive them!    :) 

To be fair, I don't really think they missed me (and other community members) - in my case it could be just the fact that the postal services in my country are unbelievably bad. I won't be surprised if they lost the package somewhere.

15 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Might add to this: Why not set up a "Community Ripple Gadget Store" with Ripple/XRP stuff one only can pay with XRP? 

That's actually a pretty nice idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...