2ndtimearound

Do you think XRP will be worth more than $1 by EOY 2018?

Do you think XRP will be worth more than $1 by EOY 2018?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think XRP will be worth more than $1 by EOY 2018?

• Yes
    • No

I think it will be, but not much more than $1.  This is me changing my mind based on recent price action (well, last 6 months).  I think Futures have a stranglehold over the cryptospace.  I see too much correlation between Futures dates and market lows this year.  I think XRP will range between 40c and 95c for the remainder of this year due to Futures manipulation, with a December rally finally allowing XRP to break past $1 and take it anywhere between $1 to $1.50.  Personally, I'd be delighted if that happened (average EOY price prediction from me of $1.25). 

Edited by 2ndtimearound

11 minutes ago, DjemDiamond said:

23 million new users, that have direct access to XRP.

It depends on:-

• how SBI market XRP to these 23M customers
  • how savvy these 23M customers are to crypto already - if they are NOT so aware of crypto, then maybe there's some hope that SBI can introduce this new investment opportunity to them and they open up a fresh new market.  If they ARE already aware of XRP, then why would they wait until SBIVC opens, when they can buy it today anyway?
  • how easy it is to actually buy XRP via SBIVC.  If it's the usual KYC/AML route, then why the hell are people waiting to buy from SBI when they can jump through the exact same hoops today on other exchanges and buy XRP?

19 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

It depends on:-

• how SBI market XRP to these 23M customers
  • how savvy these 23M customers are to crypto already - if they are NOT so aware of crypto, then maybe there's some hope that SBI can introduce this new investment opportunity to them and they open up a fresh new market.  If they ARE already aware of XRP, then why would they wait until SBIVC opens, when they can buy it today anyway?
  • how easy it is to actually buy XRP via SBIVC.  If it's the usual KYC/AML route, then why the hell are people waiting to buy from SBI when they can jump through the exact same hoops today on other exchanges and buy XRP?

Adding XRP to Coinbase would make XRP go number 1.

Coinbase is very user friendly.

And the biggest exchange in the USA.

Many of the users on Coinbase don't know how to buy other Crypto anywhere else. 

SBI is massive in Japan.

Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, DjemDiamond said:

Adding XRP to Coinbase would make XRP go number 1.

Coinbase is very user friendly.

And the biggest exchange in the USA.

Many of the users on Coinbase don't know how to buy other Crypto anywhere else. 

SBI is massive in Japan.

Time will tell.

I really hope you're right.  Sh!t, this market feels so attritional to me right now....I'm kind of worn out with this price action.  Perhaps this is "depression" - in which case, I had better call the next price pump a "sucker's rally" (the very foothills of the next bull-run!).

We saw how easy the alt-coin market can move by this  weeks action, but XRP didn't move that much. (.45-.50) now .47. So, many coins sneezed gains 5x-10x that.

XRP doesn't drop very much these days unfortunately it doesn't rise very much either. I look at last week and it is hard for me to see the market with weeks of buying that would drive XRP to $1.00. It has just been so long since the market has seen much more than a 1-3 day move then back down and it requires so much trading to move XRP substantially. I was looking back in April/May .87-92 XRP was touching 750-1.75 billion coins traded some days and it is  hard to see that type of trading right now.

For me XRP is my safe coin like a "bank" lol. I'm not worried about the money there. KEY, ELF, BCH, Ox made me a nice chunk this week :) So, regardless of XRP's movement, I can't complain. XRP is my vault it is a big coin now.

EOY is almost 6 months time from now. 6 months is a looong time in the crypto universe. A LOT ...any number of pivotal developments could take place in this 6 months span of time ahead which would turn the trading trends, volume, market participants and ultimately the price on its ear

In 6 months time I think we'll be looking back to July 2018 as if it was an earlier era of XRP

2 hours ago, JojoBelt said:

If you want to buy XRP,  you can. There are already many ways how to do it.  
I don't believe SBI will make any difference. 

From my point of view only FI investment can start new bull run. 

I wish people would stop thinking that SBI or any other event/date is going to have any impact on XRP, let alone cause a huge price jump. 

3 hours ago, DjemDiamond said:

Looks that way on the surface.

I want to first see if SBI has any impact.

23 million new users, that have direct access to XRP.

SBI will move us maybe 10 cents, most people in Japan have the cryptos they want this isnt like this is the only exchange where people are able to buy.  They have purchased what they need, maybe they will add on their stacks but wont see a rise.

Yes CB will take us to $5 and will help from the fallout in January but that's nowhere in sight at this point

Over $1 for the year, yes of course.  There is gonna be a bull run like last year we will come close to $3 but the end of January drop back down to the 60c range again.

1 bank live on X rapid will not cause a run for 2 reasons:

1st. Not a lot of money passing through xrapid

2nd. They will not be using Xrpaid for 100% of transactions it will start slow at around 10% as they scale up

Also SBI

This is a long game with Ripple we are 203 years out from real price movement, sorry to be that guy.  $10 dollars is a long way away.

These threads are pointless and pop up every other week. 

Bottom line is: no one knows. Everyone has very optimistic price predictions when the market moves up and everyone has very low expectations when the market moves down(like it has for the most of 2018). 

Look at some older threads of 1-2 years ago. Bull runs always come when none expect them and bring us waaaay further and higher in price than most can dream of. Is that a guarantee it will happen again? No. But it always has in the past. 

Did Futures wreck this? Maybe, maybe not. We don’t know. And I have seen zero valid evidence backing any claim up. We are in new territory and i get it, it is scary. But the fundamentals of XRP are so strong, that I have nothing to fear. 

Edited by Plikk

8 minutes ago, Plikk said:

These threads are pointless and pop up every other week. 

Bottom line is: no one knows. Everyone has very optimistic price predictions when the market moves up and everyone has very low expectations when the market moves down(like it has for the most of 2018). 

Look at some older threads of 1-2 years ago. Bull runs always come when none expect them and bring us waaaay further and higher in price than most can dream of. Is that a guarantee it will happen again? No. But it always has in the past. 

Did Futures wreck this? Maybe, maybe not. We don’t know. And I have seen zero valid evidence backing any claim up. We are in new territory and i get it, it is scary. But the fundamentals of XRP are so strong, that I have nothing to fear. 

I remember in dec XRP was moving up and we hit $3.

The next day : Can XRP reach $10,000!!   

haha

ahhhhhh

Fuking Hell.