cmbartley

Ripple hit with its third securities laws suit

wow reading the court document and the plaintiffs actually use the "evidence"/argument that ripple "froze jed's funds" (to paraphrase) and that among other things constitutes it being a security due to "centralized control" -- hilarious they actually submit such a glaring error (i.e. xrp CANNOT be frozen anyway, the freezing was on the exhange side)

This firm is involved in many lawsuits.  This is common practice as many lawsuits probably end up being nonviable.  Perhaps a plaintiff's attorney can provide more insight on how firms determine whether to get involved in class actions/mass torts.

https://www.robbinsarroyo.com/category/investigations/

Edited by Guest

But what about the whole idea that brad and ripple in general are pushing for xrp's success and then them owning so much is directly helping ripple as a company grow by selling xrp to fund certain business ventures. In addition I found it compelling how everyone in the ripple team does not really distinguish xrp and ripple and how they see xrp's success as a direct correlation to ripple's success. I'm hodling xrp for life but these are a few things I want someone to refute  

1 minute ago, 2100000 said:

But what about the whole idea that brad and ripple in general are pushing for xrp's success and then them owning so much is directly helping ripple as a company grow by selling xrp to fund certain business ventures. In addition I found it compelling how everyone in the ripple team does not really distinguish xrp and ripple and how they see xrp's success as a direct correlation to ripple's success. I'm hodling xrp for life but these are a few things I want someone to refute  

From day one there hasn't been any confusion from Ripple or their employees that XRP is a digital asset and Ripple is company. Whether or not XRP has been colloquially known as Ripples doesn't change that. The distinction is and always has been clear.

42 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

This firm is involved in many lawsuits.  This is common practice as many lawsuits probably end up being nonviable.  Perhaps a plaintiff's attorney can provide more insight on how firms determine whether to get involved in class actions/mass torts.

https://www.robbinsarroyo.com/category/investigations/

I can not find the Ripple investigation, do you see it?

38 minutes ago, Tripple said:

1) The document claims

Can you provide the source of this document?

what about the fact that the price of XRP is tied to ripple's business. and how ripple used xrp to push for their business through the university donation and school, teachers children, ellen. these are all used to push forward ripple as a company and in addition xrp of course. a

1 minute ago, 2100000 said:

what about the fact that the price of XRP is tied to ripple's business. and how ripple used xrp to push for their business through the university donation and school, teachers children, ellen. these are all used to push forward ripple as a company and in addition xrp of course. a

I'm not sure what your question is?

basically what im trying to say is that it seems that if ripple succeeds so does xrp. and that ripple uses xrp to expand its business and promote it, they did that by donations etc.. I just cant get my head wrapped around the fact that they own so much (even though they didnt create it and it was gifted) and that both xrp and ripple are like interlinked. if one succeeds the other follows. this is just my train of thoughts might not make too much sense.