Asheesh Birla in a great panel discussion with wells fargo

xrpmommy

Thank you for posting this @xrpmommy Such a pleasure listening to Asheesh. He is a great communicator and so relatable. 

Around 56 minutes during the Q&A he starts talking about India and says they are going after the top three banks in India which accounts for 80% of those currently banked. And then goes on to talk about how they’re targeting mobile payments providers in India because they see this as the future of payments and that they have  50% of the Indian market in their pipeline. That’s huge. India has one of the largest populations and is one of the biggest players with remittances because of the sheer volume of NRI’s. 

When you think about what is happening in India, coupled with the strides in the GCC plus the Philippines and Japan...the consequent network effects is taking off. 

3 minutes ago, Amigo said:

Next time easy with the f word would be my advice, but overall a very nice relaxed conversation with good humour as well.

I was surprised by the F-bomb as well. but he was lighting the audience up at the same time. He was busting Wells Fargo's chops as well, which was funny. The confidence Ripple Team has been exuding is undeniable and assured.  

10 minutes ago, Amigo said:

Next time easy with the f word would be my advice, but overall a very nice relaxed conversation with good humour as well.

Tech startup management and the higher ups typically swear a lot in public speaking. Not saying I agree with it,but it's not uncommon. 

Wells Fargo mentions "Debit Card Rails" I'm inferring this is the system that lets Venmo instantly put cash onto your checking account using your debit card #, when will crypto apps and exchanges begin to support this technology?

Waiting 7 days for an ACH transfer is an absolute joke in this day and age.