XRPeteSampras

Progress: A Short Story

12 minutes ago, Simoun said:

Near future science fiction in its finest. We begin not sure what this is about, and assume we are in the present. That we are not in the present dawns upon us in a gentle way in the very natural dialogue.

It's a story that doesn't simply revel in the concept of a new economy. In fact, what makes it more of a timeless story is how the technology is really a vehicle to remind us that our world desires are of no benefit without heeding the world with compassion.

Exactly what I was going for, and it tickles me to no end that you see it.  There many other things embedded within that I hope at least some people recognize as well. :heart:

5 minutes ago, Simoun said:

@XRPeteSampras, are you a writer, if I may ask?

Yes, you may ask. ;) 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, XRPeteSampras said:

Exactly what I was going for, and it tickles me to no end that you see it.  There many other things embedded within that I hope at least some people recognize as well. :heart:

Yes, you may ask. ;) 

If I may suggest posting/publishing your story elsewhere. It would be interesting to see how it's received, perhaps depending on where it's  positioned. Whether in the XRP Community Blog, a fiction outlet, social nedia, a futurology site, or your own site.

Just a thought.

Edited by Simoun
Clerikal error

2 hours ago, Simoun said:

If I may suggest posting/publishing your story elsewhere. It would be interesting to see how it's received, perhaps depending on where it's  positioned. Whether in the XRP Community Blog, a fiction outlet, social nedia, a futurology site, or your own site.

I considered the XRP Community Blog site, but it was my determination that it probably violated their rules (it's a work of fiction, not a blog with sources).  It would be great if anyone involved in the site's administration or moderating were to read it and ask me to post it there, but I'm not going to push.

As far as a fiction outlet, I don't think they'd "get it", and I have no site of my own.

5 minutes ago, XRPeteSampras said:

I considered the XRP Community Blog site, but it was my determination that it probably violated their rules (it's a work of fiction, not a blog with sources).  It would be great if anyone involved in the site's administration or moderating were to read it and ask me to post it there, but I'm not going to push.

As far as a fiction outlet, I don't think they'd "get it", and I have no site of my own.

Perhaps consider Medium. I'll check the XRP Community Blog, assuming you'll let me peddle your piece there.

Great story! You brought all the tech wizardry behind DA's down to their direct, positive effects on day-to-day people. The finish with 'of all the things you do in your life, helping others will be your biggest achievement', is a powerful and uplifting message.

Looking forward to your next story!

Posted (edited)

I posted a short story here and then realised it was in the wrong section.
So here's a link to it. The title is 'Fortune Smiles' and it's set a few years in the future. It describes a changed world and a treasure hunt for lost xrp which was hidden by an early adopter (such as ourselves) who didn't want his heirs to become decadent so he hid clues to the fortune. The story begins with the finding of the first clue and how it was hidden.

Edited by Arty
Title correction.