OzAlphaWolf

Ripples in the Dunes - my first xrp community blog entry

Wow! Great first blog! Thanks a lot!!!

:clapping:

"Third prediction: all or nearly all commercial banks and money transfer businesses in the region will start working with xRapid by the end of 2020."

52 minutes ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Hi folks,

Hope this interests some of you. I've distilled some thoughts on unfolding developments in the ME Gulf states region and how Ripple ties in.

https://xrpcommunity.blog/ripples-in-the-dunes/

It's also my first time at formatting with Markdown so there could be some little hiccups.

Fantastic read.

so if as predicted there all using xrp by 2020, where do you see the price going?

1 hour ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Hi folks,

Hope this interests some of you. I've distilled some thoughts on unfolding developments in the ME Gulf states region and how Ripple ties in.

https://xrpcommunity.blog/ripples-in-the-dunes/

It's also my first time at formatting with Markdown so there could be some little hiccups.

An excellent blog @OzAlphaWolf,thanks.

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

Fantastic read.

so if as predicted there all using xrp by 2020, where do you see the price going?

I'm not an oracle, unfortunately. Honestly, there will be hiccups and obstacles, but if it eventually unfolds according to plan, I believe we'll see 3 figures. By 2020? I have no idea. Hopefully. But who knows? 

40 minutes ago, Trickery said:

What a great overview of where things are at currently, my only concern is the SEC coming in and F-cking it all up.

Even if they do, I'm convinced it would only create short term headaches for Ripple and XRP holders. If the SEC is currently of the opinion that it's a security, the road-map should rectify the issues. Personally, I suspect that's why they're not commenting. They've had meetings with Ripple. I bet they understand the big picture but at the same time they can't make exceptions. Stall long enough that XRP is no longer in the danger zone and then come out and say it's not a security. Who knows how these lawsuits will impact the picture, but in that case, if Ripple can stall long enough themselves, they should be able to see clearance and hopefully get the SEC to comment. Just my 2c.

1 minute ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Even if they do, I'm convinced it would only create short term headaches for Ripple and XRP holders. If the SEC is currently of the opinion that it's a security, the road-map should rectify the issues. Personally, I suspect that's why they're not commenting. They've had meetings with Ripple. I bet they understand the big picture but at the same time they can't make exceptions. Stall long enough that XRP is no longer in the danger zone and then come out and say it's not a security. Who knows how these lawsuits will impact the picture, but in that case, if Ripple can stall long enough themselves, they should be able to see clearance and hopefully get the SEC to comment. Just my 2c.

My sentiment exactly.

A great blog. Well researched and with the detail within the document itself, it is easy to follow your concepts. At least your views on future possibilities are well founded and this kind of factual blog is what is needed on this forum. It reinforces the view that it won't be the west that will lead with new technology, as there is more to be gained in the higher friction zones and in the countries that will have to be more adventurous to progress their economies to more sustainable and established levels.

Congratulations on a very notable contribution.

1 minute ago, mistatee2000 said:

A great blog. Well researched and with the detail within the document itself, it is easy to follow your concepts. At least your views on future possibilities are well founded and this kind of factual blog is what is needed on this forum. It reinforces the view that it won't be the west that will lead with new technology, as there is more to be gained in the higher friction zones and in the countries that will have to be more adventurous to progress their economies to more sustainable and established levels.

Congratulations on a very notable contribution.

Thank you and I agree. Just commented on twitter that I believe Western countries will be late to this party and that will result in opportunity costs. Other regions can see immediate benefit, especially those who have heavy remittance input/output, and they'll jump and run. I see this kickstarting a new round of economic growth.

Thanks for this. I remember I dismissed the first post of yours I ever read which was a very excited comment about something  you'd heard from a friend who worked in banking about XRP, and I likened it to the kind of comment you get on twitter on football transfer deadline day (in the UK) which is bul$hit 99% of the time! Thought you were winding everyone up! I admit, I was wrong!

What's the latest on that btw? Did that develop into anything concrete?