People who only think about speculation and price tend to think we're "late to the party".  People like yourself, Hodor - and many others here - we realise just how early we are to this space. This is about changing how money flows around the world in a radical new way.  This is about freeing up money, and not just the Nostro/Vostro money, but ALL money. A frictionless, instant, (near) free flow of money. Microtransactions and all the new job categories that will open up.  Streaming value like we stream information.  No need for sign-up pages in many cases - just stream value in one direction, and get your information in another direction.  And then there's all the things we don't yet know that will be invented because of the Internet of Value.  Exciting time ahead.  Thank you Hodor for your level-headed, well-worded commentary in this space. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound

4 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

People who only think about speculation and price tend to think we're "late to the party".  People like yourself, Hodor - and many others here - we realise just how early we are to this space. This is about changing how money flows around the world in a radical new way.  This is about freeing up money, and not just the Nostro/Vostro money, but ALL money. A frictionless, instant, (near) free flow of money. Microtransactions and all the new job categories that will open up.  Streaming value like we stream information.  No need for sign-up pages in many cases - just stream value in one direction, and get your information in another direction.  And then there's all the things we don't yet know that will be invented because of the Internet of Value.  Exciting time ahead.  Thank you Hodor for your level-headed, well-worded commentary in this space. 

I couldn't agree more with this assessment of progress:  And thank you for the kind feedback as well!  :thank_you2:

@Hodor Great blog entry, as usual.

FYI, the guy who tried to run the validater on an RPi 3 reported it failed to run because there were no 64bit OS's for that hardware. He ended up using this board, which is about the same size&cost as the RPi 3, but with slightly better hardware and 64bit OS availability. So "credit card sized validator is correct", but it wasn't an RPi 3.

Edited by n2it

1 hour ago, Benchmark said:

From your first blog, where are we now on this graph? Nobody knows for sure, but it's something to think about.

Wow!  That brings me back.  :rolleyes:

And to answer your question, I'd say we've made significant progress, but sometimes the definitions associated with the adoption curve throw me a bit.

There is definitely an element of subjectivity to that diagram; where do you think we should mark XRP?  (I need to update that diagram now with the new XRP symbol BTW!) 

19 minutes ago, n2it said:

@Hodor Great blog entry, as usual.

FYI, the guy who tried to run the validater on an RPi 3 reported it failed to run because there were no 64bit OS's for that hardware. He ended up using this board, which is about the same size&cost as the RPi 3, but with slightly better hardware and 64bit OS availability. So "credit card sized validator is correct", but it wasn't an RPi 3.

Whoa!  I didn't know it failed. 

Did he post a correction?  I'll have to follow up with him on it.  Thank you for letting me know; I'll correct the blog as soon as I find out more.  :yes3:

EDIT:  He actually stated this in his blog, so I immediately updated the blog to reflect the use of Pine:

It just so happens that one member of the XRP community decided that it was time to create a Raspberry Pi Ripple Validator, and so far as I know, he was the first one to actually make it work, but it wasn't using a Raspberry - he was eventually forced to use a different miniature board called a "Pine:"

Thanks again for the correction!  :victory:

Edited by Hodor

Just now, Hodor said:

Whoa!  I didn't know it failed. 

Did he post a correction?  I'll have to follow up with him on it.  Thank you for letting me know; I'll correct the blog as soon as I find out more.  :yes3:

Reread his full blog post and you'll see the RPi 3 failed to run the validator code. He has a response from D.Schartz in his blog that the validator code should run as long as the OS is 64bit. I don't know if the author wrote this originally or as a correction. The PINE64 board he's using now seems OK if configured to use the "tiny" memory-usage flag.

3 minutes ago, n2it said:

Reread his full blog post and you'll see the RPi 3 failed to run the validator code. He has a response from D.Schartz in his blog that the validator code should run as long as the OS is 64bit. I don't know if the author wrote this originally or as a correction. The PINE64 board he's using now seems OK if configured to use the "tiny" memory-usage flag.

I edited it a bit further just so people don't read too quick and assume it worked:

edited.jpg.d2b4002d7f7eff2bc1584473fc6fe141.jpg

@Hodor I stumbled across that author's blog post a few weeks ago as I have several RPi machines and wanted to know if they could run a validator. I know how you like to be accurate so thought I'd let you know.

As a community, we've got your back. :)

Edited by n2it

Can someone give me access to the new XRP community blog so I can fix these damn squished images on mobile? Extremely embarrassing. XRP = near perfection ?

Not directed towards you Hodor! Great read as usual!!

Ugh can’t upload screenshot even though I cleared most uploads.. grr

Edited by XRPwinning