Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Heisenberg

Codius host stopped receiving payments

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, vick82 said:

another question.. sorry guys just trying to learn as much as possible. Currently I am setting up hosts on commercial vps servers. But if I were to setup one at home which ports would i need to forward on my router to the host server ?

Also my current host hyperd went inactive on its own again... im on version 1.1.3...just started it again... any idea about this?

The port redirection needed would be 443 (https). You can also configure your host to be in the DMZ but that means it will be completely exposed to the internet directly:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/FAQ-28.html

Regarding your hyperd going offline and other troubleshooting situations, take a look at this helpful resource by Wilson:

https://ilp-ix.link/connect-to-ilp-exchange/troubleshooting

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

The port redirection needed would be 443 (https). You can also configure your host to be in the DMZ but that means it will be completely exposed to the internet directly:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/FAQ-28.html

Regarding your hyperd going offline and other troubleshooting situations, take a look at this helpful resource by Wilson:

https://ilp-ix.link/connect-to-ilp-exchange/troubleshooting

 

Thanks.  I created another host from home and did already have 443 forwarding to the server but it isn't coming up on the codiushost website. Also the 10 xrp hasn't gone off my toast wallet. All codius. Hyperd and money-xrp are active.  Thats why I was wondering if any other ports needed to be opened. Yeah don't want to use dmz. Wonder whats stopping it. Can access the info and peers links too they work 

Edited by vick82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, vick82 said:

Thanks.  I created another host from home and did already have 443 forwarding to the server but it isn't coming up on the codiushost website. Also the 10 xrp hasn't gone off my toast wallet. All codius. Hyperd and money-xrp are active.  Thats why I was wondering if any other ports needed to be opened. Yeah don't want to use dmz. Wonder whats stopping it. Can access the info and peers links too they work 

You might want to run "moneyd xrp:info" just to make sure that the new payment channel for your host@home has been created. If it hasn't been, perhaps you can retry the payment channel creation by running "moneyd xrp:configure --advanced" and specify "client.scyl.la" as the btp connector.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

You might want to run "moneyd xrp:info" just to make sure that the new payment channel for your host@home has been created. If it hasn't been, perhaps you can retry the payment channel creation by running "moneyd xrp:configure --advanced" and specify "client.scyl.la" as the btp connector.

I think you are right as when i use that command it only shows 1 payment channel which is the same one that shows up if i run in on my original host that is running. This happened after i ran the below:

[root@localhost /]# moneyd xrp:configure --advanced
fatal: Error: config already exists for uplinkName=xrp file=/root/.moneyd.json
    at Function.buildConfig (/usr/lib/moneyd-xrp/moneyd/src/index.js:38:13)
    at Object.handler (/usr/lib/moneyd-xrp/moneyd/bin/moneyd.js:65:14)
    at Object.runCommand (/usr/lib/moneyd-xrp/moneyd/node_modules/yargs/lib/command.js:235:44)
    at Object.parseArgs [as _parseArgs] (/usr/lib/moneyd-xrp/moneyd/node_modules/yargs/yargs.js:1013:30)
    at Object.get [as argv] (/usr/lib/moneyd-xrp/moneyd/node_modules/yargs/yargs.js:957:21)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/moneyd-xrp/moneyd/bin/moneyd.js:105:3)
    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:689:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:700:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:599:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:538:12)

Edited by vick82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vick82 said:

I think you are right as when i use that command it only shows 1 payment channel which is the same one that shows up if i run in on my original host that is running. This happened after i ran the below:

[root@localhost /]# moneyd xrp:configure --advanced
fatal: Error: config already exists for uplinkName=xrp file=/root/.moneyd.json
    at Function.buildConfig (/usr/lib/moneyd-xrp/moneyd/src/index.js:38:13)
    at Object.handler (/usr/lib/moneyd-xrp/moneyd/bin/moneyd.js:65:14)
    at Object.runCommand (/usr/lib/moneyd-xrp/moneyd/node_modules/yargs/lib/command.js:235:44)
    at Object.parseArgs [as _parseArgs] (/usr/lib/moneyd-xrp/moneyd/node_modules/yargs/yargs.js:1013:30)
    at Object.get [as argv] (/usr/lib/moneyd-xrp/moneyd/node_modules/yargs/yargs.js:957:21)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/moneyd-xrp/moneyd/bin/moneyd.js:105:3)
    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:689:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:700:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:599:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:538:12)

On your host@home, you will need to delete or move to a backup folder the existing .moneyd.json file before running "moneyd xrp:configure --advanced". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

On your host@home, you will need to delete or move to a backup folder the existing .moneyd.json file before running "moneyd xrp:configure --advanced". 

ok did that... so getting the below questions: I know put the secret part... is all the other parts just press y ?

[root@localhost /]# moneyd xrp:configure --advanced
? BTP host of parent connector: 
? Name to assign to this channel: 
? XRP secret: 
? Rippled server: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, vick82 said:

ok did that... so getting the below questions: I know put the secret part... is all the other parts just press y ?

[root@localhost /]# moneyd xrp:configure --advanced
? BTP host of parent connector: 
? Name to assign to this channel: 
? XRP secret: 
? Rippled server: 

For the BTP host of parent connector, there are a few to use but the one I am using and seems to be rather stable is "client.scyl.la".

For name, you can use the default randomly generated string in parantheses (just press enter).

For rippled server, you can use "wss://s1.ripple.com".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

For the BTP host of parent connector, there are a few to use but the one I am using and seems to be rather stable is "client.scyl.la".

For name, you can use the default randomly generated string in parantheses (just press enter).

For rippled server, you can use "wss://s1.ripple.com".

did the below... but new channel didn't get created or do I have to wait ? there was no random name so when i pressed enter it just stays blank

[root@localhost /]# moneyd xrp:configure --advanced
? BTP host of parent connector: client.scyl.la
? Name to assign to this channel:
? XRP secret: #############
? Rippled server: wss://s1.ripple.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vick82 said:

did the below... but new channel didn't get created or do I have to wait ? there was no random name so when i pressed enter it just stays blank

[root@localhost /]# moneyd xrp:configure --advanced
? BTP host of parent connector: client.scyl.la
? Name to assign to this channel:
? XRP secret: #############
? Rippled server: wss://s1.ripple.com

If there is no random name, it means you are using an older version of moneyd, probably version 4.0.1.

It would be good to update your moneyd to the latest version before repeating the steps:

"npm update -g moneyd moneyd-uplink-xrp --unsafe-perm"

After that, you will need to run "systemctl restart moneyd-xrp".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does having a longer uptime and service time have big affect reputation for AI choosing which hosts to use ?    like If I keep upgrading my plan for more ram and rebooting regularly will that make my host have worse reputation 

Edited by vick82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vick82 said:

does having a longer uptime and service time have big affect reputation for AI choosing which hosts to use ?    like If I keep upgrading my plan for more ram and rebooting regularly will that make my host have worse reputation 

You might want to take a look at the Codius Client Command Line Interface (CLI) at: https://github.com/codius/codius, specifically the upload options that are available. The options will let you have a better idea of what are currently available to an uploader of a job e.g. number of hosts to upload to. At present there does not seem to be any option to restrict by server/service uptime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi... had 7 contracts going yesterday.. anyway this morning its none.. so i decided  good time to upgrade my ram... but now after restarting it is showing as unreachable on the codiushosts website..  i have checked all hyperd,codiusd and moneyd-xrp are active... I can also go to my host homepage, peers and info pages ok... not sure what it would be

edit:  did another reboot...  upon login hyperd was inavtice.. the others were all active... so i started hyperd, then restarted the others and its working again now.. thanks sorry to bother

Edited by vick82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it normal for hyperd to only show this when checking status? :

[root@codius ~]# systemctl status hyperd
● hyperd.service - hyperd
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/hyperd.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sun 2018-08-05 09:44:23 AEST; 23h ago
     Docs: http://docs.hypercontainer.io
 Main PID: 2126 (hyperd)
   CGroup: /system.slice/hyperd.service
           └─2126 /usr/bin/hyperd --log_dir=/var/log/hyper

 

I end up restarting it and now it shows this when checking status... is the below how its meant to look or above is fine also ?


[root@codius ~]# systemctl restart hyperd
[root@codius ~]# systemctl status hyperd
● hyperd.service - hyperd
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/hyperd.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Mon 2018-08-06 09:43:38 AEST; 2s ago
     Docs: http://docs.hypercontainer.io
 Main PID: 26812 (hyperd)
   CGroup: /system.slice/hyperd.service
           └─26812 /usr/bin/hyperd --log_dir=/var/log/hyper

Aug 06 09:43:38 codius.example.com systemd[1]: Started hyperd.
Aug 06 09:43:38 codius.example.com systemd[1]: Starting hyperd...
Aug 06 09:43:39 codius.example.com hyperd[26812]: time="2018-08-06T09:43:39+10:00" level=warning msg="devmapper: Usage of loopback devices is strongly discouraged for production use. Please use `--storage-opt dm.thinpoo...ooldev section."
Aug 06 09:43:39 codius.example.com hyperd[26812]: time="2018-08-06T09:43:39+10:00" level=warning msg="devmapper: Base device already exists and has filesystem xfs on it. User specified filesystem  will be ignored."
Aug 06 09:43:39 codius.example.com hyperd[26812]: time="2018-08-06T09:43:39+10:00" level=info msg="[graphdriver] using prior storage driver "devicemapper""
Aug 06 09:43:39 codius.example.com hyperd[26812]: time="2018-08-06T09:43:39+10:00" level=info msg="Graph migration to content-addressability took 0.00 seconds"
Aug 06 09:43:39 codius.example.com hyperd[26812]: time="2018-08-06T09:43:39+10:00" level=info msg="Firewalld running: false"
Aug 06 09:43:39 codius.example.com hyperd[26812]: time="2018-08-06T09:43:39+10:00" level=info msg="Loading containers: start."
Aug 06 09:43:39 codius.example.com hyperd[26812]: ............................................................................................................................................................................................
Aug 06 09:43:39 codius.example.com hyperd[26812]: time="2018-08-06T09:43:39+10:00" level=info msg="Loading containers: done."
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...