Sign in to follow this  
Heisenberg

Codius host stopped receiving payments

Anyone else host stopped receiving payment? My last payment was on the 28th June. Was regularly getting a very small payment every 3-5 hours but have since stopped. Nothing since the 28th. 

On 7/1/2018 at 5:17 PM, Heisenberg said:

Anyone else host stopped receiving payment? My last payment was on the 28th June. Was regularly getting a very small payment every 3-5 hours but have since stopped. Nothing since the 28th. 

Yeah I've noticed the same thing, no idea why.

Posted (edited)

All services up and running? - you should consider to update your host

Moneyd and Codius got updated

systemctl stop hyperd

systemctl stop moneyd-xrp

systemctl stop codiusd

systemctl start hyperd

npm upgrade -g codiusd --unsafe-perm

systemctl start moneyd-xrp

systemctl start codiusd

Edited by DrKomtur
false link

Also check your services using:

systemctl status hyperd

systemctl status moneyd-xrp

systemctl status codiusd

verify that their statuses are shown as Active and you do not see any warnings or error messages in the log.

You can also use the excellent test upload tool by @retryW to verify that your host is accepting contracts properly:

https://upload.host1.codius.live

You may want to have a look on the codius gitter, lots of people experienced the same. Fix seems to be cleaning up your payment channel and establishing a new one manually.

I ran the checks as I had the same issue. MoneyD is showing 1 payment channel, no need for cleanup. All systems running and I ran the update of 1.1.3. If the payments are pausing its on the Codius Company end, I'm convinced. I wish they would put out daily updates for this instead of everyone assuming they have issues, it gets me worried for no reason!!!!

I am assuming that when you run a MoneyD status check and you have 1 open channel, the address to your wallet is correct, and it is showing the current balance of wallet correctly, we have done our job correctly. Am I wrong here????

13 hours ago, ChronicUrges said:

I ran the checks as I had the same issue. MoneyD is showing 1 payment channel, no need for cleanup. All systems running and I ran the update of 1.1.3. If the payments are pausing its on the Codius Company end, I'm convinced. I wish they would put out daily updates for this instead of everyone assuming they have issues, it gets me worried for no reason!!!!

I am assuming that when you run a MoneyD status check and you have 1 open channel, the address to your wallet is correct, and it is showing the current balance of wallet correctly, we have done our job correctly. Am I wrong here????

Please share what checks you did so that I can see how to help you resolve this.

A few points to add on:

a. the need for cleanup does not depend on the number of payment channels available. If there is an issue with the payment channel being blocked, you will need to cleanup that payment channel and create a new one so that you can receive payments

b. I don't understand what you mean by "If the payments are pausing its on the Codius Company end, I'm convinced"

c. there is no "Codius Company". Codius is an open-source project developed and maintained by the Codius team, it is not a corporate entity.

d. Codius hosts get paid by the smart contract uploaders, not by Codius.

e. I agree with you that they should set up a mechanism to keep Codius host operators updated; there has been feedback given to the Codius team and they should be providing that soon

f. I would like to suggest that you read up on what a payment channel is. This understanding is fundamentally important for proper upkeep of a Codius host:

https://interledger.org/rfcs/0019-glossary/#payment-channel

Cheers

Got everything sorted. Was an issue with the nested virtualisation of my server. Starting to see steady stream of payments now, obviously dependant on the volume of contracts 

23 hours ago, zerpBeliever said:

Please share what checks you did so that I can see how to help you resolve this.

A few points to add on:

a. the need for cleanup does not depend on the number of payment channels available. If there is an issue with the payment channel being blocked, you will need to cleanup that payment channel and create a new one so that you can receive payments

b. I don't understand what you mean by "If the payments are pausing its on the Codius Company end, I'm convinced"

c. there is no "Codius Company". Codius is an open-source project developed and maintained by the Codius team, it is not a corporate entity.

d. Codius hosts get paid by the smart contract uploaders, not by Codius.

e. I agree with you that they should set up a mechanism to keep Codius host operators updated; there has been feedback given to the Codius team and they should be providing that soon

f. I would like to suggest that you read up on what a payment channel is. This understanding is fundamentally important for proper upkeep of a Codius host:

https://interledger.org/rfcs/0019-glossary/#payment-channel

Cheers

Ok so I ran the status for Moneyd and I only had 1 payment channel open and I am getting the micro payments. I assume it is good at that point because there is no 2nd channel confusing the program, so nothing to clean. That is what I meant by, " on the Codius end". A bad choice of words, but what I meant was I was coming up green on all systems. 

The payment channel itself I understand on a theoretical level and not a technical one. Thank you for the link, I bookmarked it for future reference. I have also started collecting the bits of instructional pieces I am picking up from here and on the Gitter XRP chat. That is a VERY useful little running chat,  - https://gitter.im/codius/codius-chat

Bottom line is everything is ok on my end and I really appreciate the open conversation with this topic, so Thank you very much. I am eagerly learning and trying to soak up as much as I can without saturation at the beginning. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2018 at 4:54 PM, Cobalt said:

Also check your services using:

systemctl status hyperd

systemctl status moneyd-xrp

systemctl status codiusd

verify that their statuses are shown as Active and you do not see any warnings or error messages in the log.

You can also use the excellent test upload tool by @retryW to verify that your host is accepting contracts properly:

https://upload.host1.codius.live

my host is up and it showed 1 contract after i submitted the test.. but the test came back with this after a minute:

Pod Upload Failed

invalid json response body at https://codius.mydomain.com/pods?duration=300 reason: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

Edited by vick82

9 hours ago, vick82 said:

my host is up and it showed 1 contract after i submitted the test.. but the test came back with this after a minute:

Pod Upload Failed

invalid json response body at https://codius.mydomain.com/pods?duration=300 reason: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

This is a known bug, the first upload after starting up the codiusd service will produce this error. The subsequent uploads will be fine. The dev team will probably patch this in the subsequent versions.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cobalt said:

This is a known bug, the first upload after starting up the codiusd service will produce this error. The subsequent uploads will be fine. The dev team will probably patch this in the subsequent versions.

oh ok thank you... also thanks for suggesting to check the status in your earlier post as i wasnt receiving any payments anymore and when i checked hyperd wasn't active anymore for some reason so i started it and now payments coming in again....  by  the way where can i see each payment i am getting ?  i noticed in my toast wallet that has gone up by 0.39 xrp... is there way to see how much and when etc?

Edited by vick82

2 hours ago, vick82 said:

oh ok thank you... also thanks for suggesting to check the status in your earlier post as i wasnt receiving any payments anymore and when i checked hyperd wasn't active anymore for some reason so i started it and now payments coming in again....  by  the way where can i see each payment i am getting ?  i noticed in my toast wallet that has gone up by 0.39 xrp... is there way to see how much and when etc?

There is a useful online tool by @d_r to do that: https://calculator.denarioresearch.xyz. You just need to specify the address of the XRP Ledger account that you are using for your Codius host's moneyd service.

Sign in to follow this