Crypto_Knight

Now's a good (temporary) exit point.

From my rough eyeing of the market it would not surprise me if BTC hit the low $5k USD mark and dragged everything with it. I've been queuing up fiat the past several weeks for that scenario. However I didn't do the research and can't accurately predict the future so rolling the dice with even part of my stack out of excessive greed is absurd. After months of riding out lower price points and doing nothing but gradual accumulation while hunting for the bottom it would suck to screw up all that work were something unpredicted to be announced (ETH security ruling, anyone?)

Here's a question for anyone considering doing this if it is such a sure thing: Is the OP and the "experts" willing to reimburse you for your losses if you sell half your stack and the market then moves in the complete opposite direction? If the answer is no then just stick to your current plan. If the answer is yes, get that in a signed and notarized contract first.

Does your own analysis tell you to short?  I wouldn't rely on the 'experts' in crypto. It's one of the easiest titles to attain since most are self-proclaimed.

It's going to ultimately depend on your own risk profile.  You're odds right now are likely close to 50/50. Do you like those odds?  Do you feel confident selling right after the quarterly futures maturity date in a manipulated market?

I exited part of my xrp holdings and been in cash for about a month. I can buy  back at anytime before 65 cent and I would be back to same holdings.  thought of buying back at 42cent. was greedy expecting a fur6thher drop.  I would have sold on the bounce because I still think 35 cent is coming.

maybe it does not but if we pass 55 I buy back

10 hours ago, lucid99 said:

Nice, you got lucky.

But it can be a good thing to be not so lucky. It makes you cautious about your next investment. Many people who get lucky decide to plunge in head first and get burned badly. 

I suppose you could call it "luck" in that the price didn't rebound UP after I cashed out in late January....however, I took a substantial profit in late January, and I reconciled that whatever happens next, I did very well.  My profit wasn't going to get less if the price went up, nor would it be more if the price went down.  It was what it was.  It was not luck in that I deliberately picked that moment to cash out.

Just bought another couple of thousand. Hard not to in'it?

9 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I suppose you could call it "luck" in that the price didn't rebound UP after I cashed out in late January....however, I took a substantial profit in late January, and I reconciled that whatever happens next, I did very well.  My profit wasn't going to get less if the price went up, nor would it be more if the price went down.  It was what it was.  It was not luck in that I deliberately picked that moment to cash out.

I'm not trying to diminish your foresight. If XRP goes parabolic tomorrow, I would  sell for sure. But that would be my good fortune that XRP goes parabolic and not down the toilet. It just feels around here that everyone in 2017 was a genius and those that came later could learn a thing or two. Fact is, everyone made money in 2017 and everyone lost in 2018. 

48 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

I'm not trying to diminish your foresight. If XRP goes parabolic tomorrow, I would  sell for sure. But that would be my good fortune that XRP goes parabolic and not down the toilet. It just feels around here that everyone in 2017 was a genius and those that came later could learn a thing or two. Fact is, everyone made money in 2017 and everyone lost in 2018. 

I 100% agree there.  Absolutely, it was very lucky.  There's been far more good news stories in 2018 for Ripple (than 2017), and believe me, I've bought back in heavily from February up to now.  Yet, XRP's price has basically fallen all through 2018 and I'm 42% down this time around.  If you invested in 2018, you're basically in the red.  Everyone DID think they were geniuses in December and early January....really we're at the mercy of the market.