Crypto_Knight

Now's a good (temporary) exit point.

Market for you, XRP holders, just recovered 6%. We're currently at $0.47 cents. What's stopping you from selling a percentage of your stash RIGHT now, presumably at a loss, to re-purchase in the next few days when, according to the experts, Bitcoin reaches 5400 (and presumably, XRP selling for $0.35?) Is it that you don't trust the big players telling you this will happen because it's a conspiracy to take your coins?

Yep, not worth the risk of reducing your stack for the sake of a few cents.. Hang on to what you have and if you have spare cash to invest at lower levels, use that to buy more..

If the market does fall further to your buying point, great, buy more, if it doesn't, great, your stack is still intact as it was before and you still have your spare cash..

If you sell all/some and it doesn't fall to your buying point but suddenly reverses up as it did yesterday (29/06/18), how hard would you kick yourself for not just selling at the wrong time, but having to get back in at higher prices, potentially have fewer delicious zerps for your money?

1 hour ago, Crypto_Knight said:

Market for you, XRP holders, just recovered 6%. We're currently at $0.47 cents. What's stopping you from selling a percentage of your stash RIGHT now, presumably at a loss, to re-purchase in the next few days when, according to the experts, Bitcoin reaches 5400 (and presumably, XRP selling for $0.35?) Is it that you don't trust the big players telling you this will happen because it's a conspiracy to take your coins?

Is the 6% net or still liable to capital gains tax?

34 minutes ago, Chewiecoin said:

The whole forum is littered with posts like this followed by the same poster saying they lost zerps and they will never try this again. 

Do it at your own peril. 

Yes, I did that once or twice whilst trading.

Overall my trades down from the ATH worked quite well, but to do it now at such a low price and with a likely hard floor in place would be equivalently mad to me changing my name to Raymond the Chicken Inquistor, wearing a potted rubber plant on my head as hat and dying my eyebrows bright purple, whist attempting pierce my nose using a garden fork.

Totally and utterly barking mad. Wack job, crazy, nuts.

Edited by Mikhail_Liebenstein

3 hours ago, SanHolo said:

This. to me, is only an option when we've just had a big rally, like in january. Not when we're already 6 months deep in a bear market.

Exactly this.  Don't sell 6 months into a bear market.  Buy in a bear market (don't be fearful), sell on a bull run (don't be too greedy).  Keep it simple.  This only doesn't work when an asset is on its knees and actually dying. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound