Jump to content
2ndtimearound

Institutional investors will LEAD retail investors into the cryptospace

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

I'm in 50% cash

sell if you think it's not coming back and accumulate more if you do, its all good, i'm just repeating what you told me re sell point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, xrpmeplease said:

sell if you think it's not coming back and accumulate more if you do, its all good, i'm just repeating what you told me re sell point...

Yes, but if you followed my posts you would see I sold at .59, bought at .501, sold at .56 bought at .487, sold 50% @  .491

Im long on XRP but not blind why hodl when the market is clearly going to drop unless your tax liability is truly that great or your stack that huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ed1 said:

See the thing is, you haven't been in this space long enough to realize that 'institutional investors' is a catch phrase being used to hype the potential retail investors. Same type of news have been around since 2016, so where the hell are these investors? And who are they?

Ripple has been struggling to get its partners to use XRP. It's happening way slower than they had initially expected, which is why Brad had to change his earlier statement from dozens to at least one bank by the end of the year. This is a fact, partnering with banks and FIs to help them use xCurrent is one thing, having these partners switch to xRapid and use XRP is something else. 

And you are the only one who keeps pointing at the price. I have never made a single comment about the price in my posts, you are the one who is obsessed with the price as you keep referring to the price points back and forth. I am comfortable with the current price by the way, I bought early enough to be in green right now. 

No, institutional investors is not a "catchphrase" - it's specific to this year.  There was little talk of regulations and custodial accounts with minimum $100,000 deposits in 2017.  Where the hell are the institutional investors you say? Are you unaware of the regulations required for institutional investors to be able to invest in cryptos in the first place?

xRapid is not live yet, no wonder "Ripple are struggling to get partners to use XRP".  I repeat: xRapid is not live yet.  It's being beta/pilot tested by a handful of clients.

Your comments are 100% coloured by the fact we're into a six month bear market.  People get negative about an asset when its price is low.  They get excited about it when its price is high. No way would you be negative on XRP if we were at $5 purely on speculation alone.  I'm looking at fundamentals.  XRP's price today is irrelevant to the future, other than we stand to make a lot more profit investing at these low prices.   You say you're in profit now - good for you, but you've watched a ton of profit slide by through the last 6 months and in my opinion, that colours people's opinions.  Having said that, I think you stand to make a ton of money if you just keep holding for the next few years (given you bought early).  You're in a good position overall.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Yes, but if you followed my posts you would see I sold at .59, bought at .501, sold at .56 bought at .487, sold 50% @  .491

Im long on XRP but not blind why hodl when the market is clearly going to drop unless your tax liability is truly that great or your stack that huge.

Your strategy is a high wire act, and you're doing it 6 months into a bear market.  Anyone following your advice is - technically speaking (looking at the last 6 months charts) - selling at historic lows (last 6 months) - selling at the bottom.  Call me Captain Obvious, but the time to sell is in a bull market, or soon after it. We know when it's a bull market, and "soon after it" might be a bear trap or the start of a bear market.  Either way, profits are good.  As for your strategy, well done for picking tops and bottoms every time.  A lot of luck there as you do not know where the market is going any more than I do or anyone else does - and as I say, your strategy is nothing like bagging an x3+. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Your strategy is a high wire act, and you're doing it 6 months into a bear market.  Anyone following your advice is - technically speaking (looking at the last 6 months charts) - selling at historic lows (last 6 months) - selling at the bottom.  Call me Captain Obvious, but the time to sell is in a bull market, or soon after it. We know when it's a bull market, and "soon after it" might be a bear trap or the start of a bear market.  Either way, profits are good.  As for your strategy, well done for picking tops and bottoms every time.  A lot of luck there as you do not know where the market is going any more than I do or anyone else does - and as I say, your strategy is nothing like bagging an x3+. 

Yeah okay :) how many have called lower? I will reiterate this is not the bottom it will go lower still!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Yeah okay :) how many have called lower? I will reiterate this is not the bottom it will go lower still!!

It can go lower, but it's been travelling in this direction for 6 months.  I realise everyone has different strategies, and you clearly see yourself as a day trader.  Most people here are not day traders.  For the average investor, selling now is selling near at the relative bottom (last 6 months).  For a day trader, they might enjoy a 10% to 20% gain if they buy/sell over a short period of time - for 90%+ people who try this, they get their fingers burned.  Genuinely - congratulations on your trades - really well timed.  Crypto paid me well in 2018.  I think it will pay me well in 2019.  That's my kind of trading frequency :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

It can go lower, but it's been travelling in this direction for 6 months.  I realise everyone has different strategies, and you clearly see yourself as a day trader.  Most people here are not day traders.  For the average investor, selling now is selling near at the relative bottom (last 6 months).  For a day trader, they might enjoy a 10% to 20% gain if they buy/sell over a short period of time - for 90%+ people who try this, they get their fingers burned.  Genuinely - congratulations on your trades - really well timed.  Crypto paid me well in 2018.  I think it will pay me well in 2019.  That's my kind of trading frequency :D

Crypto paid me well too ......this hodl to hodl is cultish in practice.

Cheers to a bull run!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Yes, but if you followed my posts you would see I sold at .59, bought at .501, sold at .56 bought at .487, sold 50% @  .491

Im long on XRP but not blind why hodl when the market is clearly going to drop unless your tax liability is truly that great or your stack that huge.

Sounds like I bought your stack then! Cheers! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Crypto paid me well too ......this hodl to hodl is cultish in practice.

I kind of agree there....put it this way, if we have a similar bull run to Dec/Jan, I will do what I did - wait until there's a sustained pull back (3 weeks +) and sell early around then.  My philosophy has always been buy a big stack (top 1%), buy relatively low, sell relatively high, make a decent profit equivilant to a 4 or 5 year+ professional salary, then look for new opportunities with the newly acquired fiat.  We're kind of similar though I'm between the day trader and the "HODLER 4 LIFE" types.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Yeah okay :) how many have called lower? I will reiterate this is not the bottom it will go lower still!!

My instincts tell me that the overall direction of the market will turn up soon... Why? Just because nobody is making serious money right now, and there is serious money to be made on an upturn. Whales and manipulators are pressing to find a bottom, and IMO once they do, this market will react like a coiled spring.

Not investing advice, just offering my opinion...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...