XRPto50dollars

POLL: Are you in the red? Anonymous.

Are you in the red? Anonymous.   

274 members have voted

1. 1. If you bought your entire position early, youve never been in the red. If you bought at the ATH, youve been in the red for months. Are you in the red?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you thinking about selling / never coming back?

• If it goes much lower im selling and never coming back
    • If it goes much lower im selling but will come back lower
    • Not selling until moon

11 hours ago, XRPto50dollars said:

If you bought your entire position @ .10 youve never been in the red. If you bought at the ATH, youve been in the red for months. Are you in the red?

Never been in red? I think all of us have been in the red for some amount of time.  It was expensive to buy with the fees and exchanges.  I bought last summer, but it wasn't until December that i came out of the red for good.  It was never really an issue, though, because I didn't expect to see any real gains for years.  I bought between 15 cents and probably 25 cents (plus high fees) and saw it as low as 13 cents (which I didn't buy because it was 'tanking' and I was already heavily invested). 

I would be even better off if I had never tried to diversify and trade.  Lost some money doing that. 

But, as I said, I watched my investment grow to stupid levels in December and January.  I knew it was going to pull back, though, because you shouldn't be making thousands of dollars a minute.  However, there was no safe place to stash profits unless I wanted to cash back to Fiat, pay taxes and re-entry fees.  The FUD on USDT kept me away from that...  So I just let it ride.  It doesn't bother me that it dropped, because I decided that there werent too many options then.  However,  I expect to stay green from here on..

but to those of you who have only seen red.. hang in there.  I endured the same for months.. then on December 12th, everything changed. It can and will change in the blink of an eye, with no notice.

I remember a post from @Eric123 in early Decembe that he had given up hope and was tired of watching all the other coins move, but XRP just sat idle.  He said he was going to sell and wait it out.  Just a few days later XRP made its move.  I don't believe he sold (hope he didn't) but the frustration was real and very similar back then.  

All I can say is relax and wait.  Dont sell for a loss.

5 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Also, this just in... "smart money"

Here’s What Andreessen Horowitz’s $300 Million Crypto Investment Means to the Market

https://www.ccn.com/heres-what-andreessen-horowitzs-300-million-crypto-investment-means-to-the-market/

Long-Term HODLing Approach

"Since 2009, Andreessen Horowitz (A16Z) has invested in and created more multi-billion dollar startups than any other venture capital firm in the world. As an early investor in companies like $31 billion AirBnB, $10 billion Coinbase, $576 billion Facebook, $7.5 billion GitHub, and $72 billion Uber, A16Z has always focused on highly potent startups targeting rapidly growing markets."

Why Invest Amidst a 70 Percent Crypto Correction?

"The timing of A16Z in entering the cryptocurrency market, amidst a 70 percent correction, the third worst correction in the history of the market, could come as surprising to many investors. But, the forward-thinking approach of A16Z in investing in the cryptocurrency market at this phase shows the thought process of investors in the A16Z crypto fund, that investment opportunities at this price range will never come back."

"Each time the cryptocurrency market recovers from its correction, it establishes a new all-time high and then falls back to its previous all-time high; it has never fallen back to its previous bottom."

"Dixon added that the firm remains confident that it is still early in the cryptocurrency movement, considering the long-term picture laid out by investors like billionaire trader Mike Novogratz who said that the cryptocurrency market will feel like a bubble when it is at $20 trillion."

"The entrance of Andreessen Horowitz at a period like this shows that the firm does not believe that both major and minor cryptocurrencies will never be at this price range again in the future, and the firm’s confidence that it can evolve into a multi-trillion dollar industry."

“We believe we are still early in the crypto movement,” Dixon said, implying that the cryptocurrency sector is at its infancy and has potential to grow at a fast pace in the long-term."

Am I in the red... let's see...

Buys 30th Dec '17, 30th Dec '17 again, 1st Jan '18, 3rd Jan '18, 4th Jan '18, 6th Jan '18, 10th Jan '18 & 6th Feb 2018....

Dollar Pound cost average of £1.15, and we're now sitting at around 37p (67% decrease in value).

My last buy in Feb more than doubled my stack, but only represents 25% of my investment.

It hurts!

21 minutes ago, XRP-JAG said:

Am I in the red... let's see...

Buys 30th Dec '17, 30th Dec '17 again, 1st Jan '18, 3rd Jan '18, 4th Jan '18, 6th Jan '18, 10th Jan '18 & 6th Feb 2018....

Dollar Pound cost average of £1.15, and we're now sitting at around 37p (67% decrease in value).

My last buy in Feb more than doubled my stack, but only represents 25% of my investment.

It hurts!

But you are still here, Holding strong. And that is what counts in the end!

we will recover, we just have to be way more patient than we initially hought. 

54 minutes ago, GiddyUp said:

Also, this just in... "smart money"

Here’s What Andreessen Horowitz’s $300 Million Crypto Investment Means to the Market

https://www.ccn.com/heres-what-andreessen-horowitzs-300-million-crypto-investment-means-to-the-market/

Long-Term HODLing Approach

"Since 2009, Andreessen Horowitz (A16Z) has invested in and created more multi-billion dollar startups than any other venture capital firm in the world. As an early investor in companies like $31 billion AirBnB, $10 billion Coinbase, $576 billion Facebook, $7.5 billion GitHub, and $72 billion Uber, A16Z has always focused on highly potent startups targeting rapidly growing markets."

Why Invest Amidst a 70 Percent Crypto Correction?

"The timing of A16Z in entering the cryptocurrency market, amidst a 70 percent correction, the third worst correction in the history of the market, could come as surprising to many investors. But, the forward-thinking approach of A16Z in investing in the cryptocurrency market at this phase shows the thought process of investors in the A16Z crypto fund, that investment opportunities at this price range will never come back."

"Each time the cryptocurrency market recovers from its correction, it establishes a new all-time high and then falls back to its previous all-time high; it has never fallen back to its previous bottom."

"Dixon added that the firm remains confident that it is still early in the cryptocurrency movement, considering the long-term picture laid out by investors like billionaire trader Mike Novogratz who said that the cryptocurrency market will feel like a bubble when it is at $20 trillion."

"The entrance of Andreessen Horowitz at a period like this shows that the firm does not believe that both major and minor cryptocurrencies will never be at this price range again in the future, and the firm’s confidence that it can evolve into a multi-trillion dollar industry."

“We believe we are still early in the crypto movement,” Dixon said, implying that the cryptocurrency sector is at its infancy and has potential to grow at a fast pace in the long-term."

The problem is you can find as many exiting (more actually) then are entering, but cherry picking is fun.

30 minutes ago, GiddyUp said:

;)

image.png.fbaccfaff463bbecc36d2174b094343b.png

Lol funny but not applicable. Yes, some are betting on a great recovery, just more are saying there will not be one.

We will see one thing for sure is nothing is bouncing NO COIN the market has never been so orchestrated as it is now.

If BTC doesnt move XRP will not move (substantially).

For all the hate BTC gets still 42% markey share. It was weaker in the big Dec/Jan run then it is now from a market share perspective.

2 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

For all the hate BTC gets still 42% markey share. It was weaker in the big Dec/Jan run then it is now from a market share perspective.

Hope this is just improperly worded, because this is a very odd stance....

Why should market share inform people’s opinions? If Monsanto crops were causing people to grow three arms, should people not be upset because of their market share? 

If anything, higher market share should be grounds for criticism. Ever heard of trustbusting? Are you aware of why Theodore Roosevelt is considered one of the greatest presidents of all time? Are you familiar with the economy of the Gilded Age, and the exorbitant levels of manipulation and inequalit created by monopolies and pseudo-monopolies?

Market share does not equal legitimacy.

14 minutes ago, DanB said:

market share does not equal legitimacy.

Lack of market share garners even less legitimacy.

My point was everyone who says btc sucks, will fail, is crap, useless, yet is still commands over 42% of the crypto market share.

It ia very valid in may people's eyes.

Good.points Dan.

3 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

The problem is you can find as many exiting (more actually) then are entering, but cherry picking is fun.

On Net people are selling which is why prices are down there is no doubt. What you say is factually 100% correct!! But don't confuse being correct about the past to having predictive poowers about the future. No one knows when or how much  markets would start going up. I hold because I beleive in the use case of XRP and the work done by Ripple. I believe it is the best risk/reward ratio I have seen in the last 10 years of investing in my life.  

Edited by goldstar111

3 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Lol funny but not applicable. Yes, some are betting on a great recovery, just more are saying there will not be one.

We will see one thing for sure is nothing is bouncing NO COIN the market has never been so orchestrated as it is now.

If BTC doesnt move XRP will not move (substantially).

Recovery?? It's just getting started, there's nothing to recover from yet !

and you're right, when has (purported, lol) popular opinion ever been wrong? lol