AlexCobb

My Theory On Ripple and AliPay

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

Good Video. 

My advice is to continue formalising your presentation.  Less of this sitting on a balcony, prepare your script to cut out waffling.  Short precise language to the point, this way you will get more fans and a respectful audiance.

Agreed. Follow the suggestion below and you will garner a respectful audience..

1.png

Edited by XRPto50dollars

3 hours ago, AlexCobb said:

lol it will come back

This suggests there was ever legit volume which we’ve now mostly confirmed was manufactured. Looking at the past six months there’s been nothing to indicate an influx of action beyond speculators. I do think that day is coming.

1 hour ago, hyukChoe said:

Fact 1: Alipay is a company in China with complicated connections with Beijing government.  

Fact 2: Even Alibaba is the top 5 company in China, the Authoritarian government can still hurt or even halt their business.  

Fact 3: Chinese Government has an openly negative attitude towards bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency.

Based on these three facts, I don't think Alipay would publicly announce anything like "we will use XRP" in short term. Why should Alipay take the heat?

My friends, be patient. XRP will win in the long run, but we also need to understand and analyze every potential marketplace using logic and evidence carefully. 

but china does allow a ripple office in their country

My take is XRP is currently not used. But it can be used in the future when Alipay realizes it's more cost-efficient to use XRP, at which point, it will ditch SC and replace it with an XRP market maker.

I think the reason they don't mention Ripple is simple- because it is just back-end service.

When two companies announce a new technology or service, they don't go into detail of saying which ISP they use, or which cloud provider will host the software because this all happens in the background and doesn't add any value to their product launch message.

Potentially, this could be one reason Ripple have stopped making partnership announcements. i.e.  ripple products are being used, but they don't get a share of the publicity because they didn't contribute to the product, just provided a back end service.

They are not using Ripples product. People will make things up and connect random dots just to feel more comfortable with their investment. Sorry, but that doesn't work that way.

Fact:

President of International Business at Ant Financial (Alipay) said: "We are not really even looking to go around the world and try to buy technology. We build our own technology...".

People should really drop with this FOMO non sense. It is worse then FUDs...

6 hours ago, hyukChoe said:

Fact 1: Alipay is a company in China with complicated connections with Beijing government.  

Fact 2: Even Alibaba is the top 5 company in China, the Authoritarian government can still hurt or even halt their business.  

Fact 3: Chinese Government has an openly negative attitude towards bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency.

Based on these three facts, I don't think Alipay would publicly announce anything like "we will use XRP" in short term. Why should Alipay take the heat?

My friends, be patient. XRP will win in the long run, but we also need to understand and analyze every potential marketplace using logic and evidence carefully. 

Fact 3 is not a fact. They may present that attitude but the fact is the Chinese Government controls huge swathes of BTC and BTC mining. They are huge market manipulators and own large amounts of ETH also. If the China Gov said 'ditch BTC and buy EOS' you would be mad to do so. What they would be doing is causing a crash in BTC in order to purchase more. The LOVE BTC and crypto in general.

In fact there are many who say XRP represents the US and West in general. BTC and ETH are under Chinese control.

https://www.sc.com/en/navigate-the-future/welcome-to-the-smart-bank/

Taken from standard chartered insights

"Our strategy is to select the right fintech partners to help us advance financial inclusion, fintech innovation and client experience in Hong Kong. Already, we’re collaborating with the likes of Paykey, Alipay, Wechat and Ripple, and are connected to big players such as Apply Pay and Samsung Pay."

18 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:
18 hours ago, PlanK said:

If it's Ripple: Good news.

If it's not Ripple it lights a fire under the arses of the likes of WU & MG to get something working: Good news.

Yes this is a shot across the bows of every bank that is not moving forward on plans to transfer from SWIFT to Digital.  It is the first lighting of the fuse but the fuse has a long trail to burn before we witness any sort of explosion in volume and price of XRP.

Seems possible that the competition from Lianlian (Ripple partner) has lit a fire under Alipay to get in the game 

https://www.lianlianpay.com/international/

image.thumb.png.ca3429c87bc0165301c022bd406b392c.png

Has anybody got any idea at all when xRapid is coming out of Beta? I thought it had done when v1.0.0 came out, then there was some update on the 14th and folk said it would go live then. We are still waiting as far as I can see...

From the other thread on this topic. 

3 hours ago, XRPRJB said:

Has anybody got any idea at all when xRapid is coming out of Beta? I thought it had done when v1.0.0 came out, then there was some update on the 14th and folk said it would go live then. We are still waiting as far as I can see...

My guess is to coincide with SBI VC opening its' doors in July.

1 hour ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

My guess is to coincide with SBI VC opening its' doors in July.

I don't think we should be guessing about this at this stage. Surely Ripple should know when their product is likely to go live and at least brief the public on it. Why tease us with v1.0.0 Snoop Dog parties and not finish us off??