3Tom

Ripple Company and xrp price

Are we to believe that the price of xrp is subject solely to the whims of a misinformed market?  Supposedly Ripple has vast resources, full coffers, the brightest personnel with the most astute banking and business knowledge and many pending deals within the network of mainstream banking, and yet they, and we, watch helplessly as the value of xrp plummets. Surely the company could easily match the influence of the "whales" to shore up the price ? In fact, if the price moved contrary to the price movement of BTC it would differentiate xrp as a crypto asset, a commonly expressed goal.   

XRP price is irrelevant to Ripple the company, other than the fact their products work "better" with higher XRP value (more liquidity).

Ripple the company has private investors, and the XRP they hold is in escrow with clear rules attached to it.

18 minutes ago, 3Tom said:

Are we to believe that the price of xrp is subject solely to the whims of a misinformed market?  Supposedly Ripple has vast resources, full coffers, the brightest personnel with the most astute banking and business knowledge and many pending deals within the network of mainstream banking, and yet they, and we, watch helplessly as the value of xrp plummets. Surely the company could easily match the influence of the "whales" to shore up the price ? In fact, if the price moved contrary to the price movement of BTC it would differentiate xrp as a crypto asset, a commonly expressed goal.   

Yeah seems like a smart idea for a company who are trying to bring legit user case to a heavily regulated space.......price manipulation...Genius.

7 minutes ago, ImTheRippler said:

XRP price is irrelevant to Ripple the company, other than the fact their products work "better" with higher XRP value (more liquidity).

Ripple the company has private investors, and the XRP they hold is in escrow with clear rules attached to it.

The escrow hinders them from affecting the XRP market price (to a point anyways, conceptually), and I would think there are good/legal/regulatory reasons why Ripple don't want to be seen as manipulating price...but I don't think that means the XRP price is irrelevant to Ripple (they still own 60B of it), I think it means its in their best long term interest to be seen as being agnostic towards the price and to let the market sort it out...

31 minutes ago, xrpmeplease said:

The escrow hinders them from affecting the XRP market price (to a point anyways, conceptually), and I would think there are good/legal/regulatory reasons why Ripple don't want to be seen as manipulating price...but I don't think that means the XRP price is irrelevant to Ripple (they still own 60B of it), I think it means its in their best long term interest to be seen as being agnostic towards the price and to let the market sort it out...

They "own" it, not really, they are a custodian of sorts.  The escrow rules allow them to "sell" a certain amount each month, they can promise future releases ahead of time but they don't "own" the stack until its released, its held in escrow on the ledger.

If/when the plan is in its final stages Ripple will likely not be holding much XRP at all, certainly not 60 billion.

9 minutes ago, ImTheRippler said:

They "own" it, not really, they are a custodian of sorts.  The escrow rules allow them to "sell" a certain amount each month, they can promise future releases ahead of time but they don't "own" the stack until its released, its held in escrow on the ledger.

If/when the plan is in its final stages Ripple will likely not be holding much XRP at all, certainly not 60 billion.

It's my understanding they own it, DS has said that specifically in tweets...now I don't think that means they intend to realize anywhere near full market value for it given their stated intentions as to its strategic use to create the XRP ecosystem they want to build...but to be clear, escrow prescribes the ability to access it, but it doesn't affect ultimate ownership...i'm no tech guy but i'm familiar with escrow...

Edited by xrpmeplease

6 minutes ago, Baggiehold said:

Xrp price right now should be 0 , no usecase at the moment... the current price is speculation...

When xrapid starts (if) then xrp should have a real price!

Well, that's the whole point in speculation, isn't it?

It has hardly been a week since the last "XRP is/isn't a Security" post and we are already wishing for Ripple to influence the price of XRP by using available resources.  Seems that we have a lot of people in here who don't know exactly what they should be rooting for.

I for one, am rooting for the price to go up. If the 60B escrow has no bearing on the XRP as a security issue, which seems to be the case, then curtailing the monthly release or taking another 5B off the board would decrease the supply and cause the value of outstanding XRPs to rise. 

The big hype job was Ripple = XRP just like Ethereum = ETH but it doesnt.

Ripple has had a great year XRP not so much and that can continue.

Ripple will do great things it is up for debate how successful XRP will be.

Holding Brad G to his "expects a bank" by the EOY comment.

Ripple stock > XRP

Just now, Mods_are_tyrants said:

The big hype job was Ripple = XRP just like Ethereum = ETH but it doesnt.

Ripple has had a great year XRP not so much and that can continue.

Ripple will do great things it is up for debate how successful XRP will be.

Holding Brad G to his "expects a bank" by the EOY comment.

Ripple stock > XRP

I think judging ripples performance can be called into question if the alipay announcement turns out to be competition. Keeping in mind alipay have a stated goal of expanding globally, and they have a fully functioning, launched product.

As for xrp and ripple - cummon guys! This is getting so old. Everyone knows that they are 2 separate entities and anyone that did not know that did not do their research. Given - the hype stems from ripple announcemnets being announces as if they are aitomatically good for xrp which isnt always directly the case. But I invested after maybe an afternoons worth of research, i dont have a background in business or finance, yet even I could tell the differemce between the 2. 

I dont blame ripple if anyone thought xrp = ripple.