Sign in to follow this  

XRP Price: Do you think we've reached the bottom or will it hold at $0.40 USD?

1 hour ago, Annern said:

Everyone who doesn't like losing money cares. I'm tired of hearing "It's great if it dips lower time to accumilate".. There are tons of people who are on the verge of reaching their comfort limit when it comes to investing in crypto, myself included. Every day it dips all I hear is "ACCUMILATE ACCUMILATE great prices".. I have been accumilating for 6 months now, losing money from every single time I have bought. I believe in the tech definitely, but I'm at the point where I've reached my comfort level, I will not be investing much more if it dips below .40, as I've already put in more than I probably should have, and so have many others. Not to mention it's discouraging to know that those who found out about ripple recently due to the PR stunts ripple recently pulled of, are gifted with the oppertunity to buy in for the first time at these premium prices, while I, felt lucky 6 months ago thinking I was in "early", yet 6 months later here we are and these newcomers are paying a fraction of what I paid for my xrp. Luckily I've gotten my average down quite a bit, but still very unfortunate.

Man, I've been in your shoes for quite while, with XRP and other coins. And I've seen XRP dance all over the floor. In my humble analysis XRP utility value is pretty stable ~0,25 USD, whatever above it, is purely speculative. And Ripple is not doing PR stunts, instead they're pretty bad at PR-ing themselves. Well, since I've been following them – Febr2017. But the tech is brilliant. So, what you have witnessed, is brilliant tech being improperly Pr-ed, yet still growing its user base. At the same time there are countless examples of siht-coins with false promises, that find their buyers, although it is obvious since their inception, that they are false. XRP is not like that. Its utility value is to grow based on true promise. You only have one way of living through this – act as if you believe. Or not.

23 minutes ago, sophievu said:

Last year xrp went from .20 to 3.85 it make about +36.000% a year. Now this year from 3.85 to 0.20 fallin to -36.000% ?????? wow its very cool from ripple . 

That's some quick maffs you did there. Very cool indeed

2 hours ago, Annern said:

Everyone who doesn't like losing money cares. I'm tired of hearing "It's great if it dips lower time to accumilate".. There are tons of people who are on the verge of reaching their comfort limit when it comes to investing in crypto, myself included. Every day it dips all I hear is "ACCUMILATE ACCUMILATE great prices".. I have been accumilating for 6 months now, losing money from every single time I have bought. I believe in the tech definitely, but I'm at the point where I've reached my comfort level, I will not be investing much more if it dips below .40, as I've already put in more than I probably should have, and so have many others. Not to mention it's discouraging to know that those who found out about ripple recently due to the PR stunts ripple recently pulled of, are gifted with the oppertunity to buy in for the first time at these premium prices, while I, felt lucky 6 months ago thinking I was in "early", yet 6 months later here we are and these newcomers are paying a fraction of what I paid for my xrp. Luckily I've gotten my average down quite a bit, but still very unfortunate.

None of us likes losing money. We all invested in this hoping for it to appreciate and for those of you who got in during the bull run will feel cheated. You paid too much. You didn’t get enough. You could have gotten so much more with the  same amount of money. Omg...the price is falling again! Most of us have reached our comfort level with investing. Myself included. 

To combat the general “the sky is falling” I ask myself the following. Are the fundamentals of the company positive? Yes. Is the team solid? It’s one of the best. Are they laying the foundation for xrps success? Yes.  Are they making strides in expanding their reach with banks/ FI? Definitely yes. Liquidity? They’re working on it. 

What are the negatives right now??? Price. Price. Price. We wish it would breakaway from btc. We wish it would go live. We wish an Alibaba or an Amazon or another big gun would announce they are using xrp. So price will moon. 

The reality though is that we are human and therefore impatient. Crypto is extremely volatile and right now the market only reacts to btc. As disheartening as it is right now price wise....keep your focus on the reason you invested in the first place. Do you believe in the technology? Do you think they are taking the necessary steps to make this successful? Do you see progress being made? If yes, then these are all reasons to hold. If no, then seriously think about whether you should hold xrp. 

This is a nascent space so things will move slower than we might like. I don’t have a crystal ball. I don’t know if this will be long term successful. I only know that this has the potential to be globally life changing huge if they execute like we all hope. As long as the fundamentals remain the same i am hodling. And if it drops to .20 I’m buying more. Fundamentals rules right now. 

XRP will bounce. I'm not sure when, but it'll bounce and honestly don't really care if it holds .4 (as long as we don't go to something like .05) or not - nor to what it bounces to. True, the highest purchase I've made was about 1.2/each (nearly a 70 percent loss as of this post) about 5 months ago, but I've invested and still invest what I can stand to lose, and wouldn't really care if the price went to 0. I've rolled the dice, and that's the risk. In my opinion, if you're losing sleep or freaking out due to the swings in the market, you probably have to much invested and hopefully you haven't borrowed anything.

If you got caught up in the hype and purchased around the last ATH, that's most unfortunate - and take that as a learning experience. I've been in the stock market for years, and knew nothing can just go up and up forever without some form of correction, and massive spikes = massive corrections. I knew to wait till things calmed down to first buy into the market, what I didn't calculate for at that time was the massive volatility that which is crypto. I thought 1.2ish was "nearing" the bottom, but I was wrong, many of us were.

But then again, millions where paying the prices for all coins/tokens back during the last ATH. And I'm willing to bet that the crypto market isn't just going to disappear, and that XRP is the winner. I'm also willing to bet that wasn't the last ATH we'll ever see again.

Edited by Ramforinkas

I worry :) with Ma and Alipay and Bank of China starting to tokenize it is clear this once mystical world is not so mystical.

I still say The proof will be in the next 6 months the tech will live even if the monetization fails.

I have ZERO faith BTC holds 6k meaning XRP will drop it actually looks weak right now at .465.

My 50% cash is real close to becoming 100%!!

Edited by Mods_are_tyrants

1 hour ago, legomaracas said:

None of us likes losing money. We all invested in this hoping for it to appreciate and for those of you who got in during the bull run will feel cheated. You paid too much. You didn’t get enough. You could have gotten so much more with the  same amount of money. Omg...the price is falling again! Most of us have reached our comfort level with investing. Myself included. 

To combat the general “the sky is falling” I ask myself the following. Are the fundamentals of the company positive? Yes. Is the team solid? It’s one of the best. Are they laying the foundation for xrps success? Yes.  Are they making strides in expanding their reach with banks/ FI? Definitely yes. Liquidity? They’re working on it. 

What are the negatives right now??? Price. Price. Price. We wish it would breakaway from btc. We wish it would go live. We wish an Alibaba or an Amazon or another big gun would announce they are using xrp. So price will moon. 

The reality though is that we are human and therefore impatient. Crypto is extremely volatile and right now the market only reacts to btc. As disheartening as it is right now price wise....keep your focus on the reason you invested in the first place. Do you believe in the technology? Do you think they are taking the necessary steps to make this successful? Do you see progress being made? If yes, then these are all reasons to hold. If no, then seriously think about whether you should hold xrp. 

This is a nascent space so things will move slower than we might like. I don’t have a crystal ball. I don’t know if this will be long term successful. I only know that this has the potential to be globally life changing huge if they execute like we all hope. As long as the fundamentals remain the same i am hodling. And if it drops to .20 I’m buying more. Fundamentals rules right now. 

Xrp isnt Ripple. This is Ripple's best year.

Was lucky enough to have gotten in early 2017 but last summer was 2-3 months of torture followed by 6 months impatiently waiting for XRP to get out of $0.20 - $0.30 range while EVERY other coin was seeing INSANE gains. Towards end of 2017 i went back to diverifying in hopes of catching one of the train rides but to no avail. Wasn't until, literally, the night before the spike that i said F it and threw all my money back into XRP. 

My point being, this is a game. Crypto will not die at least until we get closer to the last Bitcoin being mined (assuming a solution to this death-clock isnt found before then or that another doesn't take it's place). Bitcoin was intelligently designed to ONLY gain in value over it's lifespan. Does anyone here of negative opinion really believe that multi-million/billion dollar mining companies are going to let their money machine collapse right now?

3 minutes ago, Toroth said:

Was lucky enough to have gotten in early 2017 but last summer was 2-3 months of torture followed by 6 months impatiently waiting for XRP to get out of $0.20 - $0.30 range while EVERY other coin was seeing INSANE gains. Towards end of 2017 i went back to diverifying in hopes of catching one of the train rides but to no avail. Wasn't until, literally, the night before the spike that i said F it and threw all my money back into XRP. 

My point being, this is a game. Crypto will not die at least until we get closer to the last Bitcoin being mined (assuming a solution to this death-clock isnt found before then or that another doesn't take it's place). Bitcoin was intelligently designed to ONLY gain in value over it's lifespan. Does anyone here of negative opinion really believe that multi-million/billion dollar mining companies are going to let their money machine collapse right now?

"Let" is a interesting word. I tend to believe the issue is still "crypto was a bubble" now it is weak "bubble has popped/leaking" if it is legitimate "the monetization of blockchain technology" then money will flow in the space plug the hole and it will live in, but if not the walk down the stairs will continue. 

XRP is dropping today must be "Alipay news" I have my finger on the sell the last 50% right now and am debating. I see NO reason for the market to go up leading up to the heralded SBI full launch and even then expect that to be a "non event". 

Crypto is weak not much interest these days.

FOMO is dead at the moment yes but can instantly be reignited at any time of the chess-masters choosing. Leading to not only FOMO but that of intense regret to those who sold thinking it was the end. If you don't like seeing your money sink, do as i did and learn to trade.

Apologies for my frankness but anyone who claims that "selling now is dumb, might as well hold" doesn't know what they're talking about. Learn to read what the charts are saying and you can see the dips coming. Trade with VERY small amounts in the beginning until you gain confidence and always have a back up strategy in case price climbs. Trading has become my full time job on top of my 8-5 full time job and i love it.

2 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

"Let" is a interesting word. I tend to believe the issue is still "crypto was a bubble" now it is weak "bubble has popped/leaking" if it is legitimate "the monetization of blockchain technology" then money will flow in the space plug the hole and it will live in, but if not the walk down the stairs will continue. 

XRP is dropping today must be "Alipay news" I have my finger on the sell the last 50% right now and am debating. I see NO reason for the market to go up leading up to the heralded SBI full launch and even then expect that to be a "non event". 

Crypto is weak not much interest these days.

If you've already sold 50% to usdt then i advise the wait and see strategy. If it dips, great. Buy back on lowest part of dip before it bounces to stabalize before next dip (possible rise). If you believe crypto isn't dead then you'll be happy you gained more shares during the crisis. I F'ed up during the $0.50 - $0.60 to $0.99 rise by doing what you're thinking and wasn't confident enough to go all in again till low $0.70s. Lost around 20k XRP waiting. Made it back and then some during the fall but I'll never make that mistake again.

10 minutes ago, Toroth said:

FOMO is dead at the moment yes but can instantly be reignited at any time of the chess-masters choosing. Leading to not only FOMO but that of intense regret to those who sold thinking it was the end. If you don't like seeing your money sink, do as i did and learn to trade.

Apologies for my frankness but anyone who claims that "selling now is dumb, might as well hold" doesn't know what they're talking about. Learn to read what the charts are saying and you can see the dips coming. Trade with VERY small amounts in the beginning until you gain confidence and always have a back up strategy in case price climbs. Trading has become my full time job on top of my 8-5 full time job and i love it.

Agree 100%%

If you don't want or have time to read charts then your only option is to hodl and/or feel miserable everytime these situations occur, that or get out and be done with it all with the chance of feeling miserable later on in life because you passed your chance on a once in a lifetime opportunity to make real money.

1 minute ago, Toroth said:

If you don't want or have time to read charts then your only option is to hodl and/or feel miserable everytime these situations occur, that or get out and be done with it all with the chance of feeling miserable later on in life because you passed your chance on a once in a lifetime opportunity to make real money.

I hate to be a buttocks to this, but I've made far more in real estate and traditional investing than in crypto (took 20 years though). Crypto I have made 6 figures in 4 years (if I would have held BTC to 20k much more lol) but I don't believe the market will come back. Meaning I don't think this is just a bear market,  a lull, a dip, I think it was a bubble, and there will be no ATH's reached anytime soon (years) if EVER. 

I believe in one more run this year back to 500 Billion market cap. We will see it is July people back in Jan, Feb, March, April, May all have been saying just wait it will come this time is different imo.

Sign in to follow this