Jump to content
J020D

Real honest question

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

I think you have a legitimate fear.  Many probably do.  But what is it exactly that you are fearful of?  Is it that the market (and XRP) will go down further, and never go back up after that?  If this is your fear, then that would be a very powerful emotion, and one which you should deal with fairly.  That is a legit fear.  As many here say it's the tech and use case, but I would add it's also the market sentiment.  You may fear that depsite the tech and use case the market will go and stay down, and things will not get moving, maybe for years, and that your money will be lost essentially.  That would not be a very fun feeling to have.  But you can't live like that every day, you'd go mad. 

Either you stick it through to an answer, or don't.  But if it wears on you over months and months, if it lasts that long, it may not be worth it to be in such a market.  If you feel you can adequately handle the psychological stress of being on a losing side, and still hold through that then by all means do. If it is "too much" to experience this feeling all the time you might do yourself a favor and find a new position to be in?  Just some comforting thoughts, or an attempt at least...

One last word.  This market you are in is very young, tough to be in, and requires deep faith in something- your research, the tech, a macroview, TA, sentiment- something.  If you don't have some degree of faith in any of these, this particular market may not be your cup of tea right now.  Even if one has faith in one of the above it is still difficult at times to hang in!  Doubting is healthy.  I doubt constantly.  When that turns to fear I would re-evaluate.  

Evaluate, then act so that fear is diminished one way or the other...

I tink i'm fearful of the thought that behind the scenes there is a agreement that 1XRP=$0,25. I read a lot and i'm in since early 2017. You read stuff like XRP will be the next world bridge currency. I just cannot imagine if I buy something at Amazon and it costs $100 that I have to convert it (I'm from Holland) that it will be 0,5, 1, or 2 XRP. That just doesn't make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

If you’ve only invested what you are willing to lose, then there should be little reason to worry.

There is a difference between investing what you are willing to lose, and seeing that slipping away. 

 

I'd rather lose it all than sell it now and seeing it hit $whatever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, J020D said:

Thanks for saying its a nice question.

 

I will not sell or be freaking out. But I still have a kind of fear. Yes i've invested the money I am willing to lose. But just a fair question. If YOU would subscribe today. Would your nickname still be @XRPto50dollars. I am really not making fun of you. But this is the kind of "fear" I have.

Japan has frozen new accounts you will not find people in traditional finance believe in monetized crypto that are not already extremely vested.

Markets are inflated, volume is false, coinbase being the strongest (liquidity or was 6 months ago), BTC is a wounded duck that still controls the markets and many feel will drop to 5k by the middle of July dragging the market down further, so Yes, short term you have plenty to be worried about longterm I think you will be okay.

I still think XRP will see $1 by EOY maybe a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
3 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Japan has frozen new accounts you will not find people in traditional finance believe in monetized crypto that are not already extremely vested.

Markets are inflated, volume is false, coinbase being the strongest (liquidity or was 6 months ago), BTC is a wounded duck that still controls the markets and many feel will drop to 5k by the middle of July dragging the market down further, so Yes, short term you have plenty to be worried about longterm I think you will be okay.

I still think XRP will see $1 by EOY maybe a bit more.

Is long term in cryptoburgh 6-12 months? File that under spooky if not scary. I’m one of those people thinking at this point there’s nothing valid to stop BTC from hitting the low $5k and dragging everything with it.

The past couple weeks it looked like that was going to happen. First though was the Eth statement bounce, then this past weekend when BTC cracked into $5800 the automated trades gave it a kick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scott said:

Is long term in cryptoburgh 6-12 months? File that under spooky if not scary. I’m one of those people thinking at this point there’s nothing valid to stop BTC from hitting the low $5k and dragging everything with it.

The past couple weeks it looked like that was going to happen. First though was the Eth statement bounce, then this past weekend when BTC cracked into $5800 the automated trades gave it a kick.

I thing 6 months the price will be higher than now as long as Brad delivers with "banks using xRapid". Longterm=years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, J020D said:

Thanks for saying its a nice question.

 

I will not sell or be freaking out. But I still have a kind of fear. Yes i've invested the money I am willing to lose. But just a fair question. If YOU would subscribe today. Would your nickname still be @XRPto50dollars. I am really not making fun of you. But this is the kind of "fear" I have.

of course. i have a personal belief XRP will hit $50 some time in the next 10 years. yes i know.. TEN YEARS!????

yes. ten years. could be tomorrow.. could be 2023... could be 2028. who knows. long term outlooks make the most money.

how new are you to investing? you seem inexperienced.. which is fine; we all have to start somewhere. save yourself years of aggravation by simply realizing investing is not a free ticket to wealth. you put money in. great. now as an investor, your job is to hold. you never have to go to Ripple meetings, you dont have to learn coding, and you dont have to do anything employees of Ripple have to do. your job is to hold. simple. just hold and sell when you have a reasonable capital gain. 

many (most) investors are fully dependent on 'news' to keep them going. when will coinbase have XRP??? when will xRapid go into play??? they look high and low for the next bit of news. of course, most times, when news comes out, the price does nothing (or falls). true investors know that news is not the major catylist for growth in price. instead, its TIME.

Edited by XRPto50dollars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

I thing 6 months the price will be higher than now as long as Brad delivers with "banks using xRapid". Longterm=years

I think the price rise, if there is such rise, (most likely there will be, though) would still have little to do with xRapid application. It'll still follow bitcoin's waves.

Edited by MQB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MQB said:

I think the price rise, if there is such rise, (most likely there will be, though) would still have little to do with xRapid application. It'll still follow bitcoin's waves.

agreed. its fully plausible that in order for XRP to hit $100, it will only do so because bitcoin is at $500,000.

i dont care how XRP grows... just grow.

Edited by XRPto50dollars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, XRPto50dollars said:

of course. i have a personal belief XRP will hit $50 some time in the next 10 years. yes i know.. TEN YEARS!????

yes. ten years. could be tomorrow.. could be 2023... could be 2028. who knows. long term outlooks make the most money.

how new are you to investing? you seem inexperienced.. which is fine; we all have to start somewhere. save yourself years of aggravation by simply realizing investing is not a free ticket to wealth. you put money in. great. now as an investor, your job is to hold. you never have to go to Ripple meetings, you dont have to learn coding, and you dont have to do anything employees of Ripple have to do. your job is to hold. simple. just hold and sell when you have a reasonable capital gain. 

many (most) investors are fully dependent on 'news' to keep them going. when will coinbase have XRP??? when will xRapid go into play??? they look high and low for the next bit of news. of course, most times, when news comes out, the price does nothing (or falls). true investors know that news is not the major catylist for growth in price. instead, its TIME.

I agree but I'm gonna go with 2 yrs because I want to retire soon.  Make it so BG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, XRPto50dollars said:

agreed. its fully plausible that in order for XRP to hit $100, it will only do so because bitcoin is at $500,000.

i dont care how XRP grows... just grow.

I was talking about it in a 6-12 month term. 

Beyond that, when xrp has REALLY penetrated the market, the price of xrp will be decoupled from that of btc.

Heck I believe btc will eventually fade into oblivion over history. It could only exit for nostalgia value then.

Edited by MQB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J020D said:

I tink i'm fearful of the thought that behind the scenes there is a agreement that 1XRP=$0,25. I read a lot and i'm in since early 2017. You read stuff like XRP will be the next world bridge currency. I just cannot imagine if I buy something at Amazon and it costs $100 that I have to convert it (I'm from Holland) that it will be 0,5, 1, or 2 XRP. That just doesn't make sense.

Well, you've really lost me here.  Anyways, I've offered all I can, and even though there's more to slide, I'm very much looking forward to the rebound!!  And if Amazon is involved, my goodness, even better!!

I know Michael Arrington is looking forward to the future of XRP as well, so that is always comforting...he knows waaaay more than I do, trust me on that one...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J020D said:

There is a difference between investing what you are willing to lose, and seeing that slipping away. 

 

I'd rather lose it all than sell it now and seeing it hit $whatever

In both paragraphs, your problem seems to be ‘seeing’. Do less of that if the dips make you a bit anxious :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Flintstone said:

If you’ve only invested what you are willing to lose, then there should be little reason to worry.

Yeah but either way, losing money sucks right? I mean if you can lose 10.000$ it doesn't mean it doesn't suck to lose it. That's why some people worry either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, J020D said:

I see all those youtubers, people on Twitter and people here with such a self-assurance. Am I the only one who is a little frightened now and then?

Forget crypto for a minute.  Would you be happy with 10% returns on your money year after year for the next 15 years?

Lets say you invest money TODAY in XRP at 50 cents or so. 

Lets also assume that XRP will grow by 10% each year for the next 15 years.

If that happened, in 2033, XRP would be sitting at $2.30

Do you really think that it will take XRP 15 years to get to $2.30?

I don't think it will take that long.  In fact, I think its very possible for XRP to hit $2.30 THIS year, and EXTREMELY likely to hit it by the end of 2019.

Sure, I might not retire with a million USD in XRP at $2.30, but it would still be a GREAT investment if I can make 10% year after year for 15 years.

Frightened?  Why would I be frightened???  Frightened that I might not turn $10K into $1MIL?  Frightened that it might only be $40K?

Considering that EVEN IF I lost all $10K, it wouldn't change my life AT ALL.  However, if that $10K returns (already been there) to $40K+ within the next 15 years, I made a incredible investment to be proud of.  Add the potential to skyrocket well beyond that and I think it's a pretty safe/non-scary investment.

Can I ask a serious question?

 

 

 

What planet do you live on? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My advice: Set a time from which you will think about selling.

to avoid taxes (speculation tax) I have to hold my position for at least one year. So I decieded not to sell a single coin until June 2019. And should I tell you something: This whole up and down touches me (almost) not even more ...

I am a bit worried about that securities debate, but actually: This will to come to an end until June 2019...

Since I set this "June-HODL-time", I am much more relaxed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...