J020D

Real honest question

Two things I’m certain of is everyone goes through a fear phase and a lot of what I see on YT and Twitter is people trying to convince themselves to not be fearful. This could all certainly go up in flames but if you’re going to be in the game the only ways to mitigate that is truly believing in the XRP ecosystem and to not hang your ass out so far with over investment that a failure would ruin you.

24 minutes ago, J020D said:

I see all those youtubers, people on Twitter and people here with such a self-assurance. Am I the only one who is a little frightened now and then?

Take a little closer look around here....there's plenty of people spreading fear.

10 minutes ago, Scott said:

Two things I’m certain of is everyone goes through a fear phase and a lot of what I see on YT and Twitter is people trying to convince themselves to not be fearful. This could all certainly go up in flames but if you’re going to be in the game the only ways to mitigate that is truly believing in the XRP ecosystem and to not hang your ass out so far with over investment that a failure would ruin you.

Are you not in the fear phase anymore? And if so, when was that. Are you nog feeling any fear if we drop even more? Say 30ct or even 20?

I'm not spreading fud. I'm just a regular guy ;)

4 minutes ago, Trendkill said:

Take a little closer look around here....there's plenty of people spreading fear.

I know, and some keeping my hope up. But still...

37 minutes ago, J020D said:

I see all those youtubers, people on Twitter and people here with such a self-assurance. Am I the only one who is a little frightened now and then?

The current price is irrelevant if you are a long term investor. The only thing that matters is your understanding and belief in the thing you are invested in.

There is absolutely nothing out there to make me fearful. The future is a hell of a lot brighter now than when I bought in last fall.

Too many people who are wet behind the ears and have recency bias on a bear market, which means absolutely nothing. Impatient people who would've gotten scared in 2008 instead of reaping the opportunity.

45 minutes ago, J020D said:

Are you not in the fear phase anymore? And if so, when was that. Are you nog feeling any fear if we drop even more? Say 30ct or even 20?

I'm not spreading fud. I'm just a regular guy ;)

I’ve not had a fear phase with XRP after surving years of investment elsewhere including the 2008 near total US economic implosion. Now that was scary. It’s been more of a multi-month grinding annoyance phase as it rides out the tornado of nonsense BTC instigated. The USD I’ve put into XRP is an amount that would suck to lose but that’s all.

Looking across the wasteland of crypto projects so much of it is hot garbage. XRP has enough on a technical and utility level, with competent people at Ripple and Coil onboard doing the dirty work and motivation for it to succeed, that it’s in as good of hands that could be hoped for.

addendum:

2008, while the whole market was tanking and the majority panicked, I kept pouring in money to stuff I believed was legit long term. It worked out pretty well over the past decade and is partially funding this XRP speculation.

Edited by Guest
Smrt

1 hour ago, J020D said:

Not at all. With investing, fear doesnt have to mean panic and all-out despair.

am i afraid of my investment failing? No.

The correct form of fear to have is called 'Appropriate fear'. look it up, im not pulling this out of my hat.

Appropriate fear (with investments) is being skeptical of your own due diligence. The price may be falling... but is your due diligence enough to solidify your belief in the investment so that when the price DOES fall.. you dont freak out and sell.

This is the point and purpose of TRUE charting / TA.

People draw fancy charts and lines and say that XRP is going to skyrocket because the bollinger bands say so and all that stuff. new investors flock to this talk because it seem 'legit'. But true TA is not trying to predict the future, but to solidify your belief in your investment so that when the price falls.. you hold.

and going back to what i said above... this is why so many people freak out and sell. THEY DID NO RESEARCH, so when the price falls, all they have for assurance is the reassurance of strangers in forums like this.

Nice question.

Edited by XRPto50dollars

1 hour ago, J020D said:

I think you have a legitimate fear.  Many probably do.  But what is it exactly that you are fearful of?  Is it that the market (and XRP) will go down further, and never go back up after that?  If this is your fear, then that would be a very powerful emotion, and one which you should deal with fairly.  That is a legit fear.  As many here say it's the tech and use case, but I would add it's also the market sentiment.  You may fear that depsite the tech and use case the market will go and stay down, and things will not get moving, maybe for years, and that your money will be lost essentially.  That would not be a very fun feeling to have.  But you can't live like that every day, you'd go mad. 

Either you stick it through to an answer, or don't.  But if it wears on you over months and months, if it lasts that long, it may not be worth it to be in such a market.  If you feel you can adequately handle the psychological stress of being on a losing side, and still hold through that then by all means do. If it is "too much" to experience this feeling all the time you might do yourself a favor and find a new position to be in?  Just some comforting thoughts, or an attempt at least...

One last word.  This market you are in is very young, tough to be in, and requires deep faith in something- your research, the tech, a macroview, TA, sentiment- something.  If you don't have some degree of faith in any of these, this particular market may not be your cup of tea right now.  Even if one has faith in one of the above it is still difficult at times to hang in!  Doubting is healthy.  I doubt constantly.  When that turns to fear I would re-evaluate.  

Evaluate, then act so that fear is diminished one way or the other...

3 minutes ago, XRPto50dollars said:

Not at all. With investing, fear doesnt have to mean panic and all-out despair.

am i afraid of my investment failing? No.

The correct form of fear to have is called 'Appropriate fear'. look it up, im not pulling this out of my hat.

Appropriate fear (with investments) is being skeptical of your own due diligence. The price may be falling... but is your due diligence enough to solidify your belief in the investment so that when the price DOES fall.. you dont freak out and sell.

This is the point and purpose of TRUE charting / TA.

People draw fancy charts and lines and say that XRP is going to skyrocket because the bollinger bands say so and all that stuff. new investors flock to this talk because it seem 'legit'. But true TA is not trying to predict the future, but to solidify your belief in your investment so that when the price falls.. you hold.

Nice question.

Thanks for saying its a nice question.

I will not sell or be freaking out. But I still have a kind of fear. Yes i've invested the money I am willing to lose. But just a fair question. If YOU would subscribe today. Would your nickname still be @XRPto50dollars. I am really not making fun of you. But this is the kind of "fear" I have.