Asen4XRP

[NOT CONFIRMED] BREAKING!!! Standard Chartered has partnered with Ripple & Ant Financial Services Group(Alipay)

Just now, Mrsrippley said:

Ripple always let the customer make the announcement, 24 hours later confirmation by BG on Twitter then 7 days later on insights. Longer attention for the publicity. 

Cool. Hope its positive in that case. 

56 minutes ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Standard Chartered is an investor in Ripple.

Standard Chartered is a member of the Global Payments Steering Group for Ripple.

Standard Chartered is a customer of Ripple opening a corridor from Singapore to India with Axis Bank.

Standard Chartered is working on a Ripple corridor with Mitsubishi Corporation linking Singapore and Thailand.

Standard Chartered have openly stated they are expanding their Ripple Net corridors to 5 more country pairs in 2018.

Standard Chartered is providing the banking infrastructure for this initiative between AlipayHK and GCash, which happens to be blockchain based and is about remittances (cross-border payments).

But there's absolutely no chance whatsoever, not even allowed to speculate because it's delusional, as bad as fud for anyone to dare to suggest that Ripple is underlying this. :rolleyes:

In January the Ant Financial deal to take over Moneygram was blocked by the US govt. 

6 months later they have a commercially viable blockchain solution. Amazing! How is it that people believe in miracles like that yet think it's not possible for Ripple to be involved? This solution happens to rival Ripple tech, happens to be aimed at the same pain points, happens to be aimed at one of the demographics Ripple are trying to help, happens to involve banking 'infrastructure' provided by a major Ripple investor, partner and customer, but again, it absolutely cannot possibly be Ripple involved.

Well...I guess it's possible that Ripple isn't involved. Sure. That's possible. I would give that at least a 5% probability based on all the aforementioned facts.

53 minutes ago, XRPwinning said:

And then the most obvious piece of the puzzle nobody is mentioning?

Gcash is an American Express product

https://mgcash.globe.com.ph/

pretty sure Amex was a publicly announced partnership by ripple recently? On insights even. On my phone too much work to dig

wow good detective work guys!

59 minutes ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Standard Chartered is an investor in Ripple.

Indeed, as shown here - https://www.sc.com/en/media/press-release/standard-chartered-completes-strategic-investment-in-ripple/

One would wonder why on earth a company like SC would encourage anything which could be in competition with a company they're invested in...

11 minutes ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Thanks. But on the topic of xRapid is where I have to diverge. It currently takes 2-3 minutes to finalise. Only the XRPL leg of the transaction is as low as 3 seconds. xCurrent is still blindingly quick at a few seconds but it requires pre-funded accounts for settlement. 

I hear what you are saying and you may be correct but I have a feeling that the back end for their mobile phone powered "blockchain-based electronic wallet cross border remittance service between Hong Kong and the Philippines" is bridged by XRP. http://bitcoinist.com/alipay-ceo-jack-ma-confirms-successful-3-second-blockchain-remittance/

As with your initial post there are too many connections. Add liquidity providers in those 2 locations and the timeframe?! Time will tell.

I would say the mention of 2015 was more of a toss out comment about their initiative to explore solutions in the area of mobile payments and less likely that they derived an in-house blockchain product. 

Starting from 2015, Alipay has formed nine strategic partnerships with local partners outside Chinese mainland, sharing their technology know-how and risk management capabilities to provide more mobile payment and inclusive financial services to local users. In the year ended March 31, 2018, Alipay, together with its global partners, served approximately 870 million annual active users globally and over 15 million small businesses in China.

I'm bullish for Ripple involved here on the fact that they do specifically mention that Standard Chartered is their sole back-end solution provider.

Standard Chartered has been an integral partner in the development of the solution and will provide the underlying banking infrastructure to support this pivotal initiative.

we are the mushrooms

fed **** and kept in the dark

37 minutes ago, AgamemnonUA said:

It's 7AM in California. Brad usually starts tweeting after he ran 10 miles, had a power shower and finished drinking his raw vegetable super power smoothie.

gypsy_fortune_teller1.jpg

chucknorris.png.2f09c796897ae125692195143c79909f.png

1 hour ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Sure. Ripple could clear it up.

But who says it's not an NDA issue. The partners have been announced but if it's Ripple they are the bottom layer and for whatever reasons the public partners (and I would guess Alipay, and possibly for political reasons) may not wish that known. 

Ripple have been later to the party recently, announcing things sometimes days later than their partners. I guess we'll see.

But it's downright ridiculous for ANYONE to claim up front that this CAN'T be Ripple.

For Ripple, this is quite straight forward now. In the interests of rumours not getting out of hand, if they are not true, then there won't be a NDA and they can quite easily refute them.

If there is an NDA compelling them to non-disclosure...then silence

If Ripple stay silent on such strong rumours and there is no NDA, then shame on them. But that is not the way I see Ripple operating, even in a near news blackout situation.