Coco

100% chance at least one bank will use XRP this year

26 minutes ago, PG1 said:

It may be Santander as part of their OnePay FX app.  They have one of the longest relationships, being an investor.  They have indicated their app will offer instant payments this summer.  The app prefunds ApplePay with a Santander debit card so basically sending it to a device specific wallet with an extra layer of KYC.  I could imagine this is a way they can comfortably use crypto within current regulations.

That would be a non event if it is not a new name just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

It is exciting, but he  tempers it a bit doesn't he? By giving examples of while a big bank e.g "chase,citi" have tons of liquidity a "smaller" bank is paying a "citi,chase" for liquidity. 

It makes it seem as if there will be an announcement, but it will be Bank of Binkleberry versus what most are hoping for is a Chase, Citi, Bank of China, etc.

I agree it is the best news in a time there isn't much good news around. Thanks again for the link :)

you know what most are hoping for...must be nice

2 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Alot of big questions there let me guess you disagree?

Signing a small no name bank will do nothing it's expected. That isn't pessimistic it is being realistic.

Ripple could surprise us all and sign a big bank that would be refreshing or Amazon or Coinbase, but his language seemed purposeful to me.

It is positive though 100% positive!!

signing a small bank will do nothing...i disagree

Just now, Mods_are_tyrants said:

A 5-10% increase the day of the announcement if it is Santader.

oh, price action...hard to say, news doesn't seem correlate to price so your guess is as good as mine on that front...

7 minutes ago, xrpmeplease said:

oh, price action...hard to say, news doesn't seem correlate to price so your guess is as good as mine on that front...

Maybe you are in XRP for the advances on modern society I am in crypto(and all investments) to increase my wealth or my family's and NO OTHER REASON.

It will be interesting to see if we're able to spot the banks activity on the ledger. I guess it would be the first piece of the puzzle on the volume effect and give us some numbers to work off of.

43 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Maybe you are in XRP for the advances on modern society I am in crypto(and all investments) to increase my wealth or my family's and NO OTHER REASON.

its an investment for me...im not skilled enough to capitalize on trading so i watch, learn, think and continue to hodl...you've made your motivations clear already, i'm aware, but your whining and negativity is just tedious, don't confuse it with bringing value...

Just now, xrpmeplease said:

its an investment for me...im not skilled enough to capitalize on trading so i watch, learn, think and continue to hodl...you've made your motivations clear already, i'm aware, but your whining and negativity is just tedious, don't confuse it with bringing value...

I get it who likes to hear the obvious, but with a 50% drop in 6 weeks and a 90% drop on 6 months dont act like it is not due.

The FOMO crowd has been wrong all year. There just needs to be tempered expectations and balance, but I get it thag isnt fun, but neither is crypto 2018.

4 hours ago, Coco said:

At the 4:40 mark. Brad says 100% one bank will use XRP this year.  My thinking is to be so certain one bank must already be using it now...but which bank?  I was anticipating payments providers to use XRP first givin the less regulatory needs... 

So is there a benefit for us holders to have banks use xrp vs a payments provider, or is it all the same?  Meaning will banks use it differently or is just volume use that banks will add.

Or maybe deal is already signed but not in prod right now. This should be why there is nothing different in volumes/price and why he is so sure about it ?

1 hour ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

No it will remain out until confirmation of a true rise. I can leave some zerps on the table lol.

So still 1-1.5 EOY?