NewbieXRP

What To Do? Sweating A Little Bit

@NewbieXRP,  "I'm still trying to learn Ripple" is exactly what is wrong in your situation. Try convincing yourself you are just going to make the investment. Forget when and how much you have invested and start over. Try analyzing what specifically is so frustrating for you in this situation (size of the investment? slow decline? the fact you don't understand what you invested into?) I wrote a long post for people like you some time ago, hope it helps or at least provides some new perspectives.

@PickleRick, sorry to say but advices to sit back and relax won't help (we are just animals after all, you can't calm yourself down by listening to other people telling you to calm down). Nice try though ?

What To Do? Sweating A Little Bit

Change the perspective, zoom out and be proud of being part of the 4th industrial revolution.

It's still a market in its infancy on a quite bumpy road, but as long as you're not a margin trader you're in full control of your property.

49 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

but everyone should be protecting their wallet right now and not blindly following anyone's advice or be blinded by your passion for this project.

I'm not sure I can see your point.  How do you protect your wallet?  Just don't sell.  It's really simple isn't it?  Just don't sell.

Unless you think XRP is a fail why wouldn't you just wait and see?  What other option do you have?

Whilst it can be disconcerting to see XRP's value dropping we have to remember this is a long game. Brad Garlinghouse earlier this year called it a 3-5 year plan, mile 1 of 26. Focus on the tech and Ripples vision instead of the value.

"Crawl, Walk, Run" - We're only just learning to crawl.....

I wouldn' sweat.

3$ seems far far away but it can get back there or exceed with a click of a news article.

If you believe in xrp and ripple as a company then it' a good time to get a good deal.

1 hour ago, NewbieXRP said:

So I have been buying Ripple every week... Did a large investment at $3.08(blah)... Price is slowly creeping lower and lower. About to purchase more Ripple today(Uphold - Love Them By The Way). My question is since I'm losing money every week, do I just need to stop looking at the price and wait until about 2020?  As per my screenname "Newbie" I'm still trying to learn Ripple.... In my opinion I wish Ripple would start looking into "people transactions". What I mean is making it easier to send $20 or less internationally instantly and with little fees.... This would be a booming market.  

When presented with a situation where there are multiple courses of action but you don't know which to take the best option for the immediate moment is to do nothing. Use that time you're busy "doing nothing" to figure out what the actual problem is. This applies to a lot of things in life and I'm personally really good at doing nothing. For XRP, if you're deep in the red and uncomfortable with that it might be a sign you're already overexposed, if not financially then emotionally, and shouldn't buy any more. This isn't the last investment opportunity you'll see in your life so there's no point in chasing it at all costs. Unless you find. yourself in an emergency where you need to do something with your holdings, treat it like a piece of art. It is a thing you liked so you bought it, now it sits there, but *maybe* at some point down the road someone comes along and offers up a price you can't refuse. Just don't wait around counting the seconds for that to happen.

As for the "people transactions" you can do that right now. I could send you XRP nominally valued at $20 USD instantly at almost no cost. The problem which can't be directly solved by XRP or by Ripple is what fees are charged for you to convert that XRP into some other asset or currency. That is entirely in the hands of whatever third party is handling that exchange. Either the competition gets hot enough amongst that group that they start undercutting on fees, or people and businesses just start accepting XRP directly to eliminate the exchange entirely.

Figure out the long term value based on fundamentals. After that buy the value. Cryptos are volatile. Price may change dramatically overnight, which shouldn't bother you too much if you aren't risking your lifesavings with a strict schedule of profiting.

The first couple of years may be frustrating, but don't give up. Compared to other cryptos, XRP is doing very well value wise. Ripple is doing things right and their vision is very clever regarding XRP, once you figure it out.

1 hour ago, LAH said:

Crypto is not yet a market, it is a killing field for the BC whales.

Exactly! This is why I have been advocating for the use of 'whales' to be dropped, far too passive a creature, and rather 'megalodons' be used.

I agree with Benchmarks post and would add don't invest money you need in the near term as well.

1 hour ago, NewbieXRP said:

So I have been buying Ripple every week... Did a large investment at $3.08(blah)... Price is slowly creeping lower and lower. About to purchase more Ripple today(Uphold - Love Them By The Way). My question is since I'm losing money every week, do I just need to stop looking at the price and wait until about 2020?  As per my screenname "Newbie" I'm still trying to learn Ripple.... In my opinion I wish Ripple would start looking into "people transactions". What I mean is making it easier to send $20 or less internationally instantly and with little fees.... This would be a booming market.  

Not to scare you, but I think it will fall even more. And i think it will take long time before recovery. I think we dont have chance for xrp to go higher then 1.5$ this year or bitcoin to go higher then 13k$ this year, unless we have some really big big game changer.

It looks to me whenever bitcoin stabilize at some point, and it remains there for a few days...it just  countdown to next downfall. I hold xrp, but i am speaking about bitcoin, because everything depends on it (at least for now, hopefully that will change one day...one year)