Garlinghouse: 3 reasons why XRP is not a security

6 hours ago, enrique11 said:

The questions are will the SEC allow Ripple time to comply if there is a way, will compliance stifle Ripple's innovation and XRP's adoption, will the SEC deem Ripple a security or will the SEC just let everything go and allow Ripple to continue as it has?  I doubt the last one the most.

I think these are the questions, yes.  And we're finding out real time as we proceed what the answers are...in very dark territory here.  I suspect if they do deem it a security they will give time to comply.  Have no idea how much or little this will stifle XRP's adoption.  Seems like we're not getting many answers right now which makes it more frustrating...

6 hours ago, enrique11 said:

XRP might very well succeed, but XRP is just for banks and other FIs. 

I’ve read most of your posts and in the short-term I’d agree with this however looking more broadly and long-term this is absolutely false.  XRP will arguably do more good for the unbanked and $2/day citizens of the world than the Santanders and SBI’s.  These institutions are the gateways towards improving humanity.  It’s not that these institutions don’t care about this population they just don’t have the tools to do so with the current global payments infrastructure.  Ripple and XRP will (very profitably) allow these flexible institutions to service EVERYONE.  It’ll just take a bit of time.  

Edit: Personally, it was well after my sizable initial investment into XRP that I had this lightbulb moment which has me so much more excited to be involved long-term!

Edited by aavkk

8 hours ago, enrique11 said:

XRP might very well succeed, but XRP is just for banks and other FIs. 

Take a look at Xspring, Coil and Codius closely, fully understand their implications and you will quickly see that this statement is absolutely false

10 hours ago, enrique11 said:

XRP is just for banks and other FIs

I think you're conflating Ripple's software stack use cases with XRP.  Sure Ripple bank solutions leverage XRP for liquidity.  But XRP is not just for banks.

On another note, I posted a video featuring Danny Aranda in another thread where he states that it is Ripples goal to have zero Ripple controlled validators involved in consensus by the end of this year.  Is that time frame in place because of SEC consultation? Perhaps.

4 hours ago, PG1 said:

I think you're conflating Ripple's software stack use cases with XRP.  Sure Ripple bank solutions leverage XRP for liquidity.  But XRP is not just for banks.

On another note, I posted a video featuring Danny Aranda in another thread where he states that it is Ripples goal to have zero Ripple controlled validators involved in consensus by the end of this year.  Is that time frame in place because of SEC consultation? Perhaps.

We keep saying SEC is avoiding XRP , but the SEC is avoiding all cryptos.

XLM TRX ADA EOS LTC

the list goes on and on.  Just bc XRP is #3 doest mean that is next to be deemed a security or not.  SEC has a plan just like everyone else does.  Maybe XRP is very complicated in there eyes and BTC and ETH were no-brainers.  Maybe they skip\ XRP next time they make announcements and go after the 4-10 coins and leave XRP....does this mean anything, not at all.  There is a reason for everything

4 hours ago, mm34505 said:

We keep saying SEC is avoiding XRP , but the SEC is avoiding all cryptos.

I didn't say avoid. It is the exact opposite; Ripple has been engaging with the SEC & if the SEC has an issue I think it's more likely they let/encourage Ripples XRPL decentralization roadmap play out rather than announce anything prematurely.

3 minutes ago, PG1 said:

I didn't say avoid. It is the exact opposite; Ripple has been engaging with the SEC & if the SEC has an issue I think it's more likely they let/encourage Ripples XRPL decentralization roadmap play out rather than announce anything prematurely.

We wanst aimed at you, it was aimed at the crypt community, you see constant post on how people think the SEC is skipping XRP for a reason which is not the case.  Exactly what you described