Talinos

Perspective of a speculation

6 minutes ago, Trickery said:

Not to ruin the fun but please learn the difference between "of" and "between", it's a pet peeve of mine......

It's still technically correct . The best kind of correct.

1 minute ago, Trickery said:

No it is not technically correct it is wholly and immeasurably incorrect, the best kind of incorrect.

Hmmm. TIL. Thanks for the correction.

If we get the SEC clarity on XRP not being a security, And BTC and dig asset ETFs start rolling out this year, that combo could led to high single or low double digit valuations for each xrp   If these two are combined with data on real world usage of XRP by FIs then even better and who the hell knows but we will see some amazing gains.

personaliy, I am waiting to see some real data on real FI/bank/co usage of XRP for value transfers this year on the order of millions of USD equivalent.  (Not a few thousand dollars in a x rapid trial).  I really hope we see that this year, it could be 2019, but either way I think it is a necessary component for any of the valuations in multiple tens of usd.

then again, at a minimum, xrp will grow as a better store of and transfer of value compared to the other big players.  Nothing wrong with that either.  The liquidity will continue to expand with more markets (sbi etc) and fiat pairings regardless of whether or not Ripple is successful with xrapid implementation....xrp is obviously a very fast and efficient utility for value transfer.

Edited by Excerpts

1 hour ago, Trickery said:

No it is not technically correct it is wholly and immeasurably incorrect, the best kind of incorrect.

There, their, they're....It's going to be okay. Hopefully I was able to provide some comfort. 

14 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

XRP being a security would mean that institutional players could begin to invest in XRP. It’s a good thing.

Either way we will be okay. 

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

I agree.

This whole SEC discussion really only matters for US exchange products, investment products anyhow.  Peanuts really when you look at where the XRP markets are.

3 hours ago, Excerpts said:

If we get the SEC clarity on XRP not being a security, And BTC and dig asset ETFs start rolling out this year, that combo could led to high single or low double digit valuations for each xrp   If these two are combined with data on real world usage of XRP by FIs then even better and who the hell knows but we will see some amazing gains.

personaliy, I am waiting to see some real data on real FI/bank/co usage of XRP for value transfers this year on the order of millions of USD equivalent.  (Not a few thousand dollars in a x rapid trial).  I really hope we see that this year, it could be 2019, but either way I think it is a necessary component for any of the valuations in multiple tens of usd.

then again, at a minimum, xrp will grow as a better store of and transfer of value compared to the other big players.  Nothing wrong with that either.  The liquidity will continue to expand with more markets (sbi etc) and fiat pairings regardless of whether or not Ripple is successful with xrapid implementation....xrp is obviously a very fast and efficient utility for value transfer.

I agree. XRP needs institutional investors.  Retail investors aren't enough.  If XRP has to rely on bitcoin grandpas around the world to FOMO then xRapid will never work.  We need a much bigger volume that's decoupled from BTC.  It's only a couple of news stories away from those big events happening, but WHEN we will never know.  I'm still hoping for a decent payout in mid 2019 - that's my level of patience here. 

1 hour ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I agree. XRP needs institutional investors.  Retail investors aren't enough.  If XRP has to rely on bitcoin grandpas around the world to FOMO then xRapid will never work.  We need a much bigger volume that's decoupled from BTC.  It's only a couple of news stories away from those big events happening, but WHEN we will never know.  I'm still hoping for a decent payout in mid 2019 - that's my level of patience here. 

Same - honestly if I'm not seeing a price of $5 and one bank live on xRapid mid 2019, I'm out and moving to the Internet of Things. 

Edited by TheXRPNinja

7 hours ago, Loki said:

As long as either one gets us to $300 to $400 per xrp with us being able to cash out easily I'll okay ?

I've heard it would be harder to cash out if it was a security.

1 minute ago, Insoniac said:

Not really much patience there it seems?

I think it's fairly patient - I'm only cashing out if I'm in profit by then, and it likely won't be the full 100% (probably 50%).  If we're still floundering under $1 in 12 months' time, I'll have no choice but to hold further - unless Ripple/XRP are in some kind of critical trouble.

1 minute ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I think it's fairly patient - I'm only cashing out if I'm in profit by then, and it likely won't be the full 100% (probably 50%).  If we're still floundering under $1 in 12 months' time, I'll have no choice but to hold further - unless Ripple/XRP are in some kind of critical trouble.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you would be c/o-ing regardless, even if we are around $1 or lower.

Hence my comment. Not saying it translates, but 2014-15 lasted long enough, but those tgat sat it out got rewarded.