Sign in to follow this  
peanut56

A great silence?

I believe a lot of us have realized that currently and in the recent past there has been silence from ripple. Not only that but also in the media. News commentators on various stock market will say bitcoin, etherum, and others (seems purposeful admittance). I was wondering if there are laws in place with in the financial world that would prohibit speaking of a particular company if certain circumstances are involved. So securities, federal reserve, etc. Also since it is known that ripple is working with legislators it could just be busy as can be trying line things up. I guess I am curious about standing laws under certain circumstances that would cause a societal gag order on all entities that may be involved? just a thought. Sorry if I wasted your time.

22 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

I believe a lot of us have realized that currently and in the recent past there has been silence from ripple. Not only that but also in the media. News commentators on various stock market will say bitcoin, etherum, and others (seems purposeful admittance). I was wondering if there are laws in place with in the financial world that would prohibit speaking of a particular company if certain circumstances are involved. So securities, federal reserve, etc. Also since it is known that ripple is working with legislators it could just be busy as can be trying line things up. I guess I am curious about standing laws under certain circumstances that would cause a societal gag order on all entities that may be involved? just a thought. Sorry if I wasted your time.

There definitely aren’t laws in regards to what you are saying America. However, part of the silence is due to non-disclosure agreements. The other part is due to corporate decision making in regards to how much info is released, what kind, and for what purpose.

53 minutes ago, Raz said:

There definitely aren’t laws in regards to what you are saying America. However, part of the silence is due to non-disclosure agreements. The other part is due to corporate decision making in regards to how much info is released, what kind, and for what purpose.

Well said. Which is in great contrast to the cases of chronic verbal diarrhea of social media. So it's not that Ripple is silent, it's others just never stop! 

The calm before the storm. No need to build hype among the general public when the goal is to build hype among the upper echelon of the global financial services world. They’re handling their business quietly behind closed doors, the results of which we will see in the years to come.

Edited by futureledger

They have been vocal this year. A month/s prior to the SEC announcement it got quiet, which is fine (Government is a pain and would require a lot of paper work that has to filled out correctly). Thank you for reminding me about non-disclosure agreements. Yeah moon or whatever will probably be few years. I was trying to figure out the media outlets no longer talking about ripple and if there was a legal circumstance to where it was not allowed like a public gag order????? That is all. Thanks for the clarification.

There have been fireworks in 2018 in terms of fundamental developments.  They have been the opposite of quiet and have done a great job.  If you think this is "quiet" you should have seen Aug-Nov last year.  I can only imagine with 2016 was like.  

fair enough. I was just considering short term. All of the announcements jan-mar, 2018 and then ripple got quite. I was thinking working with regulators as the SEC debate heated up.

Brad and company have been traveling the globe speaking at financial conferences and handing out business cards.  If you think the company has been silent I dare say that you haven’t been looking very hard.  With events across the Asian Pacific, Western Europe, and even domestically I don’t know how these guys have time to sleep.

I would suggest going over to the press section of this forum and start watching the numerous YouTube videos that show the team in action educating the actual people they are marketing to, not the speculators.