Capone

XRPCHAT as a private forum

1 minute ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

That is news to me, however I miss the connection to “free service” and how that possibly caused the banning. Twitter’s revenue comes from data mining and commercial ads.

No, it didn't "cause the banning" - it's what puts him (and everyone else) in the position of having to beg and plead with Twitter to "let him back on".  If he'd been a paying customer - rather than just their product - with whom they can dither over as they please - then it's a whole new ballgame.  I think this is an interesting case of censorship resistance / money as speech. :)

We'll see...  but, ya know, I never liked Twitter, anyway - so, bring on the replacement that has its head on straight and isn't ashamed to come out and say it's in business to make money...

I dunno when that became a "bad" thing, but this "community" stuff and everything being "free" (until whomever's giving it to you decides you don't get any, anymore) is getting pretty old.

1 hour ago, NightJanitor said:

If the point of XRP chat is to be XRPAcademy, then where's the "enrollment fee" or "tuition"?  If this place doesn't go back to being a school, then someone ought to start one up.

Missing one fine thing in your argument....a degree...certification etc. ( schools end with those), people are here for consolidated news, opinions and or just rooting for their crypto... not my site, be gone if they did....it’s a good forum, but always other sources of information, just my 2 cents, it not worth much.

7 minutes ago, Vvittin said:

Missing one fine thing in your argument....a degree...certification etc. ( schools end with those), people are here for consolidated news, opinions and or just rooting for their crypto... not my site, be gone if they did....it’s a good forum, but always other sources of information, just my 2 cents, it not worth much.

So, you're saying, if it cost money to get in, I wouldn't have to read so much crap from so many idiot literalists who can't tell when they've taken an analogy or metaphor too far?  Sign me up and call me an elitist for wanting to spend like a buck a month, then.

1 hour ago, NightJanitor said:

So, you're saying, if it cost money to get in, I wouldn't have to read so much crap from so many idiot literalists who can't tell when they've taken an analogy or metaphor too far?  Sign me up and call me an elitist for wanting to spend like a buck a month, then.

Don’t mix literalism up with sarcasm....but my recommendation is a beer.

9 minutes ago, Vvittin said:

Don’t mix literalism up with sarcasm....but my recommendation is a beer.

That beer would cost me 1000x more than you're willing to spend, per post. :)

Edited by NightJanitor
I ain't saying you're "cheap", but...

Wow ! this is ***** up. You want a fee for posting ideas and opinions? Where does this stop?

A far better way would be more mods - they could close threads with all time favorites like : " use the search function". 

Man, no wonder Twitter and FaceBook are able to keep all you people locked up on their "free" platforms, while they sell you out behind your back...

Some of you sound like you'd rather save a penny than make a fortune.  I will never understand that mentality.  Why are you even interested in XRP?

The entire microtransaction usecase is based upon people being able (and willing) to spend like 1/1000th of a penny on some content they enjoy...

Are you *that* broke?  Or have you just not done the math?  Or, more likely, are you just so used to "free" that ANY price just strikes you as onerous?

I wonder about some of you...  I really do.

So create a club and only let people who bene here for longer then X amount of months

pretty simple

but you start charging people I can tell you right now this site will not last

10 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

I don’t think it is an indicator of anything.  I certainly do not buy into this nonsense that anyone here pumps as they dump.  

Seriously guys we are just not that significant.  Our words don’t pump, and our market moving capacity is zero via posts.  

Obviously a whale can dump and drop price, or to a lesser extent,  pump with buys,  but the words posted here have zero price effect in my opinion.

I don’t value someone’s opinion based on their holdings.  Someone with 100 XRP can be a more valuable contributor than another with 100 thousand.

In fact, as sometimes I find out in here how many someone have it’s a teeny bit depressing when they have oodles.  Make me feel small even for an ant.   :) 

You misunderstood my comment.  :)

The purpose of knowing someone's balances (and transaction history) would provide transparency.  I think there are certain members on this forum who are dishonest.  During the last bull run, there were many older members who came out of the woodwork and seemed to be actively trying to pump the price so they could get as high of an exit point as possible (there are a couple in particular that come to mind).

Whether these efforts actually affected the price is irrelevant.  But I realize not everyone subscribes to this moral philosophy (not saying you do not, but there are many who do not).

Edit: It would also provide transparency as to whether someone is actually buying/selling when they said they did.  For example, people sometimes write something like "I just bought another 2,000 XRP" or "I just sold 40% of my position."  And then of course you have people who claim they sold their entire position at the ATH (which I find unlikely).

Edited by Sebastian

10 hours ago, Sebastian said:

I would love to have this info about XRP Chat members for the reason stated.

I think this would be interesting just because I'm a nosey SOB and is always curious as to what other people hold

By eliminating "Fudsters" XRP chat will become 'shills only welcome' type of forum

Do you want this board  to become an echo chamber? We already have hundreds of telegram groups who operate just like that, any constrictive criticism is labelled as FUD.

We dont want XRP to turn into another Apple cult, after watching some of youtubers it does feel a bit cultish/sheepish, then again we have Bitcoin minimalists like Tone Vays. Tribalism is toxic in cryptospace