Capone

XRPCHAT as a private forum

I am bringing this on because of all the crap being posted on here . I would agree with XRPCHAT  becoming a private forum with membership fee so that only serious and devoted XRP fans would participate. That would eliminate 99% of fudsters and bullshitters and haters and liers .

It would reduce the community to serious people only.  It wouldn’t take a big fee to eliminate most of the crap.

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Capone said:

I think it’s about time XRPCHAT starts charging a membership fee to eliminate the crap  ?

I wouldn't call this crap myself.

Edit: Well, maybe the source (Reddit):) 

Edited by Flintstone

12 minutes ago, mm34505 said:

I mean I am all about XRP but would not pay to be part of a chat

Enjoy the crap and try to figure out what is not crap ?

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Capone said:

I am bringing this on because of all the crap being posted on here . I would agree with XRPCHAT  becoming a private forum with membership fee so that only serious and devoted XRP fans would participate. That would eliminate 99% of fudsters and bullshitters and haters and liers .

It would reduce the community to serious people only.  It wouldn’t take a big fee to eliminate most of the crap.

..and then someone else makes an identical XRP site utilizing the same forum format.. and offers it for free, and everyone just migrates to there.

I wonder, what denotes a 'serious person'? if we pay, can we no longer post funny .gifs with rockets and snoopy pictures? would you be banned if you did?

Edited by XRPto50dollars

I would pay but I don’t think that’ll fly. Why can’t we have a couple more mods, lieutenant mods, or something like that? The difference between fud and just presenting a different point of view is obvious after just a few exchanges between forum members. I’d be happy to volunteer my services...but I have a warning point for abusive behavior- I called one big fudder a certain body part of a troll.

1 minute ago, Deeznutz said:

I would pay but I don’t think that’ll fly. Why can’t we have a couple more mods, lieutenant mods, or something like that? The difference between fud and just presenting a different point of view is obvious after just a few exchanges between forum members. I’d be happy to volunteer my services...but I have a warning point for abusive behavior- I called one big fudder a certain body part of a troll.

What needs to be cracked down on are these people who sign up and there 1st post is check out my store or they try and sneak it by saying give me your opinion on my store like come on 

I have zero problems with people posting about stores which accept crypto;  except that I wish there was a clear, ILP-enabled winner in the cross-currency/checkout/ecommerce plug-in market.  Doesn't have to "be" XRP, but does need to leverage it.

59 minutes ago, Capone said:

And just to be responsive to the original post, yeah, I'd have paid an upfront fee in XRP - maybe not an on-going subscription fee, but, up-front?  Yup.

$5 a month , $60 a year would eliminate 99% of the bad stuff on here. 

The funds could be dedicated to an ONG or any charitable organization.

Just now, Capone said:

$5 a month , $60 a year would eliminate 99% of the bad stuff on here. 

The funds could be dedicated to an ONG or any charitable organization.

The charitable organization, in this case, is whomever's paying for the site.  Happy to pay a cover/tip/whatever.  Just wish there was an easy way to implement it.

The secret to keeping this forum useful is to have a big "ignore" list. I ignore most fudsters, especially the new ones with a few posts; however, I have also ignored many bronze, gold and silver contributors who mostly just type words on their keyboard. Find the members with knowledge and bookmark them, and begin your daily or weekly search on this board with them.