Jump to content

The Burning Question: Is XRP a security? Going in depth


ibelievexrp
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thoughts? Sure, I got plenty.

Here's some:

If XRP is open network for anyone to use and develop on, why does Ripple frown upon those who want to use the network to launch ICOs?

If XRP network is open to others, why don't you see a bunch of developers and businesses outside of banking and finance jumping on the network to add to its development and to use it for their own benefit?

If Ripple the company were not around, how much do you think XRP would be worth?

 

Edited by enrique11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

Thoughts? Sure, I got plenty.

Here's some:

If XRP is open network for anyone to use and develop on, why does Ripple frown upon those who want to use the network to launch ICOs?

If XRP network is open to others, why don't you see a bunch of developers and businesses outside of banking and finances jumping on the network to add to its development and  to use it for their own benefit?

If Ripple the company were not around, how much do you think XRP would be worth?

 

so you think its a security 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, mm34505 said:

so you think its a security 

No, XRP itself is not a security...it has too much utility. It's Ripple's use of and control over XRP and its influence over the network and various parameters thereof that make exchanges and the SEC question whether it's a security IMO.

Edited by enrique11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

This is a key fragment of the speech. Ripple built RippleNet first and started distributing tokens after. None of the buyers were investing in development of the network.

i think that was a very interesting point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, mm34505 said:

so you think its a security 

The SEC might deem it a security anyway because of how Ripple has used it.  Maybe Ripple can undo the damage...I don't know...they own and hold so many XRPs in escrow and they are worth so much now.  I hate to bring up Stellar, but Ripple's business plan needs to be contrasted with a non-profit plan, so you can see the difference:  Ripple has had possession of most of the XRP throughout its history and has sold a number of them to raise funds and make deals with other businesses.

Stellar on the other hand will donate 95% of their stellars, the remaining 5% will only be used for operational expenses, not to establish new ventures, or grow their foundation by selling them.

Edited by enrique11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

The SEC might deem it a security anyway because of how Ripple has used it.  Maybe Ripple can undo the damage...I don't know...they own and hold so many XRPs in escrow and they are worth so much now.  I hate to bring up Stellar, but Ripple's business plan needs to be contrasted with a non-profit plan, so you can see the difference:  Ripple has had possession of most of the XRP through its history and has sold them to raise funds.

Stellar on the other hand will donate 95% of their stellars, the remaining 5% will only be used for operational expenses, not to establish new ventures, or grow their foundation.

so we should dump xrp for xlm?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

The SEC might deem it a security anyway because of how Ripple has used it.  Maybe Ripple can undo the damage...I don't know...they own and hold so many XRPs in escrow and they are worth so much now.  I hate to bring up Stellar, but Ripple's business plan needs to be contrasted with a non-profit plan, so you can see the difference:  Ripple has had possession of most of the XRP through its history and has sold them to raise funds.

Stellar on the other hand will donate 95% of their stellars, the remaining 5% will only be used for operational expenses, not to establish new ventures, or grow their foundation.

Does FinCEN sign of not mean anything to you? Do you think SEC will overturn 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, invest2lose said:

so we should dump xrp for xlm?

lol...I'm not advising anything....just my personal opinion. I'm just contrasting a business plan with non-profit plan, because in my opinion a non-profit would be regarded as comparatively innocuous in the eyes of the SEC.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, enrique11 said:

lol...I'm not advising anything....just my personal opinion. I'm just contrasting a business plan with non-profit plan, because in my opinion a non-profit would be regarded as comparatively innocuous in the eyes of the SEC.

 

Stellar are not registered as non profit as far as I know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

look....XRP being deemed a security is not necessarily bad....yeah, it might cause problems, but I don't really know  all the details of the pros and cons of XRP being deemed a security or not for institutional adoption and use.

I've guessed at some, but I don't really know how things will develop exactly in either case.

 

Edited by enrique11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.