47 minutes ago, sven12345 said:

Ofcourse they know about it and so does everyone else it's not a big deal. 

One of the reasons that Ripple is getting hit by lawsuits like Coffey, Zakinov and other investors is that they confuse Ripple with XRP. Intentional or not, CMC has a big role in that confusion.

So yes it is a big deal, whether you like it or not.

6 minutes ago, xrp_Larry said:

the donation to DonorsChoose.org

Agreed!  My intuition alarms went off with a 5-alarm ringing when I saw that presentation from Charles Best. 

That donation propelled XRP to a new level of social awareness IMO.  It's a direct side-effect of that philanthropic gesture!

26 minutes ago, icebreath said:

One of the reasons that Ripple is getting hit by lawsuits like Coffey, Zakinov and other investors is that they confuse Ripple with XRP. Intentional or not, CMC has a big role in that confusion.

So yes it is a big deal, whether you like it or not.

If you click on Ripple they mention XRP aswell it's totally fine.

15 minutes ago, Hodor said:

That donation propelled XRP to a new level of social awareness IMO.  It's a direct side-effect of that philanthropic gesture!

That one and then the Ellen show, which has a huge audience.  That one was in front of a lot more people.   It's so nice to be on the side of the philanthropic guys.  

Thanks, Hodor. As always, I am sharing this with my FB XRP community.

Speaking as a long term holder invested with money I can lose and a superficial knowledge of blockchain, I am invested in one crypto only, this is the reason:

People liken the crypto market to the days of the boom of the fledgling internet. I can see the comparison works but the crypto market reminds me even more to the early days of personal computers.  In about 1985 lots of people were interested in computers but because they were designed by geekish people the customers that bought computers with good intentions often failed to use them.     Everyone knew computers were the future and the papers were full of news about multiple companies trying to capture the computer hardware market, in Britain the market was swept up by a budget priced Amstrad machine. I remember visiting a gallery where the owner had just bought an Amstrad which he had on his desk and he was looking at it glumly, my guess is his enthusiasm drained away pretty quickly and that computer never got used.  I cannot remember all the names, there were Apricot and Apple and IBM.

The big shift happened when Microsoft provided IBM with a DOS platform.   This platform became windows. As soon as this happened all the competition withered to nothing except for Apple which survived by capturing a niche market selling desktop publishing to graphics designers.  I had friends who had Apple 2 computers with accounts packages, they migrated to IBM.  In the following years Apple very nearly got wiped out to.  The other survivors were games machines.

I had an IBM machine with a 20 megabyte memory and accounting software which I bought because I was told it would be compatible with early windows software which would become the new standard after DOS (we still use a version of it).

I remember there was a slogan going the rounds "every exec buys IBM because they know no one will ever be sacked for buying an IBM machine".  This slogan acknowledges that people did not feel safe buying something clever from a geek, they only felt safe with the standard industry brand even if it was more expensive and had limitations.

I think something similar will take place in the crypto market place which at present is very geekish:  Ripple are building a platform that will be user friendly and will be used by the banks, this is analogous with the link up between IBM and Microsoft.  Once the banks are on board a platform then non geek people can know represents the standard will have been created.  This technology will chosen by exec in charge of departments, the refrain will be "no one charged with digitalising their finanacial systems ever gets sacked for choosing the ILP/Ripplnet/XRP platform."

This process is already happening in the choice between Etherium and Codius.

Ripple have already made that link and quite frankly I cannot see any other crypto/blockchain company stopping the link up which is happening very fast.  It is possible that some of the coins on offer at present will survive, especially if they have a strong niche and are used on the ILP, but I think most of them will simply be superseded/replaced by new tech designed by companies working with COIL.

Edited by Julian_Williams
to make the sentences work

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

I cannot remember all the names, there were Apricot and Apple and IBM. 

TIL about "Apricot" comptuers!  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apricot_Computers

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Ripple are building a platform that will be user friendly and will be used by the banks, this is analogous with the link up between IBM and Microsoft.  Once the banks are on board a platform that non geek people can know represents the standard will have been created.  This technology will chosen by exec in charge of departments, the refrain will be "no one charged with digitalising their finanacial systems ever gets sacked for choosing the ILP/Ripplnet/XRP platform."

I agree with this analogy; I'm hopeful (I don't know the inner workings however) that Ripple is making their product line as easy and low-cost as possible without sacrificing profits. 

IMO the Apple model is to place 'awesome design' ahead of innovation or even utility.  If it saves banks money they will use it, yes, but if it's easy to use and maintain it will take over at an incredible speed. 

Love the analogy @Julian_Williams - once again you are writing some poetry there.