Amazing reading material. Even after 1 year blog Jubileum you still are sharp as hell. Well done and thanks a lot. Shame my wife does not want another baby otherwise I would have named her/him Hodor as respect to you. Thank you

The next step for the symbol is for the XRP Community to help exchanges and other crypto ecosystem stakeholders adopt the symbol when they discuss XRP.

Even with a new symbol and a highly-publicized vote, there are still notable crypto icons that still refer to XRP as 'Ripple'. We need to gently remind them that XRP and Ripple are two separate things.

@Hodor Tell me about it. The "famous" coinmarketcap clearly has some bias. Livecoinwatch and coinlib.io (much better site imo) already changed the name to XRP. We need to make clear as a community that these are two separate entities. I've already sent them via their request form the official document by fincen referring to the coin - asset as XRP. Also i sent them the interview with Brad from CNBC that he clearly states the difference between XRP and Ripple. They completely ignored me. If the CEO of the company can't make them change their minds, i don't know if anything will.

4 minutes ago, icebreath said:

@Hodor Tell me about it. The "famous" coinmarketcap clearly has some bias. Livecoinwatch and coinlib.io (much better site imo) already changed the name to XRP. We need to make clear as a community that these are two separate entities. I've already sent them via their request form the official document by fincen referring to the coin - asset as XRP. Also i sent them the interview with Brad from CNBC that he clearly states the difference between XRP and Ripple. They completely ignored me. If the CEO of the company can't make them change their minds, i don't know if anything will.

Completely agree! 

If CMC can change the symbol, it's even easier to change the name.  Let's lean on them as you say until they get the message?! :JC_thinking:

2 minutes ago, namini said:

really nice article Hodor but why your topic doesn't  appear on /r/ripple and /r/xrp :)

It should... I'll let the mods know at r/Ripple.  Sometimes my posts get 'stuck' for whatever reason. 

Thanks for the heads-up @namini

Edited by Hodor

9 minutes ago, icebreath said:

Ofcourse they know about it and so does everyone else it's not a big deal. 

58 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Hodor!

hodor1.thumb.jpg.07ab118aed46e77e812bcf5d7f42296d.jpg

Love that...

"Your little baby girl is beautiful - whats her name....?"

"Hodor"

"Hodor??.. Like the massive bloke off GoT!?!?!?!!"

"Noooooo................ Like the XRP Community blogger....... duh"

"Whats XRP"

"Imagine, if you will, $10000 - a brief case - and an Aeroplane....................."

Edited by Foolaman