I wish I wouldn't have watched this video

2 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

How can you hold XRP to 1 cent if you believe Ripple are distancing themselves from XRP? You should sell now if you believe Ripple aren't that bothered about XRP and are able to survive without it.  If XRP fails, Ripple as a company will shutdown.  xCurrent is a half-solution to a problem where competitors will deliver a full solution - if Ripple don't do it first with xRapid.  Why would banks use xCurrent that settles in "intraday" (hours, half a day, nearly a whole day depending on the settlement) and requires trustlines - when they can use Acme digital asset that does the same job in 2 minutes and costs 0.0004 cents? The cat is out of the bag with xRapid.  Competitors see the business model.  If xRapid doesn't succeed, a competitor will come out with their own version that uses a digital asset.  In that scenario, xCurrent will basically be the new Swift that gets replaced.   Of course, Ripple know this too.  They need XRP to succeed - never mind the investment money they get for holding it, XRP needs to succeed for Ripple's long term survival.

I think you totally missed my point. I agree that I didn't do a good job explaining my first post on this video.

1.) I don't believe Ripple is actually distancing themselves from XRP.

2.) I believe Cory's delivery makes it seem this way. He even disclosed he owns "some" XRP. No one asked him...

Joel, BG, Miguel and others have never made the push away from XRP like Cory. That is what my critique is about. I don't disagree with your post. 

This place shouldn't be an echo chamber. If you believe his delivery was good, then that is your opinion. I'm a big boy. I'll sell when I'm ready. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not sure what you were watching, but after watching the interview myself, I have to disagree with your generalised negative sentiment to what Cory was actually saying. After the slightly alarming 

What @Excerpts said. The messaging is clear. They are trying to define boundaries between Ripple and XRP for the whole security "Is it? Isn't it?" issue. Remember, they hold the largest stack and have

Don't worry I'm a true believer in XRP and Ripple the company. Been with this currency a very long time and think they are doing extremly well. I just can't warm up to Corey. I think he is very differ

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Mr_Cambridge said:

I think you totally missed my point. I agree that I didn't do a good job explaining my first post on this video.

1.) I don't believe Ripple is actually distancing themselves from XRP.

2.) I believe Cory's delivery makes it seem this way. He even disclosed he owns "some" XRP. No one asked him...

Joel, BG, Miguel and others have never made the push away from XRP like Cory. That is what my critique is about. I don't disagree with your post. 

This place shouldn't be an echo chamber. If you believe his delivery was good, then that is your opinion. I'm a big boy. I'll sell when I'm ready. 

OK, thanks for clearing that up.  I think Cory pretty much was "on message" in that all Ripple reps when asked about the XRP price ... they say it's not important, they don't check the price that often etc.  The most awkward part of the interview for me was when the interview suddenly mentioned Western Union and Cory didn't respond back at all in that moment - THAT was really awkward - that was a "tell" that Ripple aren't happy with WU (at least that's how I interpreted it). 

On 18 June 2018 at 2:16 PM, XRPisthefuture said:

Cory pretty much said that he doesn't care at all about XRP. 

Holy heck!  I finally got around to watching the video and your initial interpretation is completely at odds with what I saw.

It was a really good talk and he said nothing new, controversial, or alarming in it at all.  I think you have wildly misunderstood nearly everything if you think that was an upsetting thing to watch.  My original response to you that you must have misunderstood what he was saying is completely correct I think.. 

On 6/17/2018 at 9:23 PM, Tinyaccount said:

I haven’t seen it but I’m sure that you have the wrong impression.  

Ripple execs regularly say that the price is a distraction from their real work of creating the internet of value. 

But there are sometimes glimpses into the real situation...   and I believe that as a group, and certainly in many individual cases,  they are acutely aware of price and want it much higher.

Miguel most of all but it applies to them all I think.

Do not naively assume that everything said must be taken at purely face value   There is often an agenda and right now Ripple are particularly aware of various image issues. 

Also be assured that even if they never glance at price,  they are busily doing the very things that will mean it’s eventual increase.

Stocks and digital currencies are two different things, so I don't need anyone here reminding me that as if I'm still learning how to write the alphabet in between nap time and recess.

however I will point out that at least two business leaders I know of, had repeatedly told investors their stock was over inflated at one point. Bill Gates and Elon Musk.  Food for thought.

What's interesting about crypto compared to stocks is that these Wall Street companies would have IPO's and generate lots of working capital. from there, the stock moves up or down but unless additional shares are sold or bought back or issued, the price of the stock doesn't immediately effect the day to day business operations at the now public company.

Compare that to Crypto, and a company like Ripple. Rather than having a one time IPO where they issue out all the XRP they're going to issue, they hold on to it and sell a little bit each month at a price that is relative to the market price at that time. Even if Ripple gives their partners 1/2 price on the XRP they sell each month (doubt it), then a higher XRP price yields a higher sell price each month which yields increased working capital. which is going into engineers, sales offices around the world, sales force, marketing, and strategic charity work, as well as funding new startups like Omni, Coil, xPring etc, 

So I guess my only point is that Ripple wants a high XRP price. it's good for Ripple and it's good for those at Ripple who privately own a butt load of XRP.

23 hours ago, RegalChicken said:

Stocks and digital currencies are two different things, so I don't need anyone here reminding me that as if I'm still learning how to write the alphabet in between nap time and recess.

however I will point out that at least two business leaders I know of, had repeatedly told investors their stock was over inflated at one point. Bill Gates and Elon Musk.  Food for thought.

What's interesting about crypto compared to stocks is that these Wall Street companies would have IPO's and generate lots of working capital. from there, the stock moves up or down but unless additional shares are sold or bought back or issued, the price of the stock doesn't immediately effect the day to day business operations at the now public company.

Compare that to Crypto, and a company like Ripple. Rather than having a one time IPO where they issue out all the XRP they're going to issue, they hold on to it and sell a little bit each month at a price that is relative to the market price at that time. Even if Ripple gives their partners 1/2 price on the XRP they sell each month (doubt it), then a higher XRP price yields a higher sell price each month which yields increased working capital. which is going into engineers, sales offices around the world, sales force, marketing, and strategic charity work, as well as funding new startups like Omni, Coil, xPring etc, 

So I guess my only point is that Ripple wants a high XRP price. it's good for Ripple and it's good for those at Ripple who privately own a butt load of XRP.

Up the clacker, wow! ?

New wallet update... dark storage. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.