I wish I wouldn't have watched this video

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not sure what you were watching, but after watching the interview myself, I have to disagree with your generalised negative sentiment to what Cory was actually saying. After the slightly alarming 

What @Excerpts said. The messaging is clear. They are trying to define boundaries between Ripple and XRP for the whole security "Is it? Isn't it?" issue. Remember, they hold the largest stack and have

Don't worry I'm a true believer in XRP and Ripple the company. Been with this currency a very long time and think they are doing extremly well. I just can't warm up to Corey. I think he is very differ

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mr_Cambridge said:

Everyone that has been on this chat for a little knows how bullish I've been. Positive even in the face of being 3$+ and coming down to 50 cents ish. This video to me is very disappointing. 

He was clear. They've spun off. Before, if XRP failed, so did Ripple. Now it seems that with this pushing away from promoting XRP because of the security issue, they've decided if xCurrent is successful then so is Ripple. XRP and xRapid are just the icing but not vital anymore. That's my take. Call me FUDster all you want. 

I'll keep my holdings until I reach my goal. Regardless at this point because I think it can still make it big. I really thought this interview by Cory was terrible. There are better ways to distance from XRP. 

People are getting paranoid just because it's a bear market. Ripple reps always say the XRP price is not important.  David Schwartz has always said that, BG says it - they all say it.  xCurrent settlement times are much slower than xRapid.  Banks WILL use blockchain + digital bridge asset as a means to settle international payments.  If Ripple don't do it with xRapid, then who will use xCurrent when a competitor offers cheaper and faster settlements than xCurrent? Ripple will die out if they rely on xCurrent alone.

Edited by 2ndtimearound
1 hour ago, mm34505 said:

I have said this time and time again

RIPPLE can be succesful without XRP being worth a penny

RIPPLE makes there money by selling software to banks and FI called Xcurrent

Xrpaid does not have to ever go live for Ripple to go down in the history books for changing the way money moves across the world

XRP is a wild card and until EOY 2019 we wont know how many are going to adopt it

1st post back from suspension it feels great! But i might leave this board for BS suspension 

CORRECT : Ripple could be a very big company with the ILP Rapidnet and XCurrent alone.  They would be a an ungraded version of SWIFT and create a huge company by themselves.

WRONG: If you think that make XRapid/Via/Pring/Coil and XRP as 2nd products that are not at the heart of the Ripple Lab project.

XRP means Ripple Labs have control of the launch of the fastest cheapest and most scalable digital asset.  If XRP goes up by just  just one dollar that brings 50 billion in extra revenue to Rapid Labs, 10 dollars would be half a trillion.  This money dwarfs everything else.  Furthermore combining Xcurrent with a digital asset increases the flexibility and use cases for XCurrent by a factor of 4 (in my opinion).  XRapid/Via makes XCurrent exponentially more useful and successful.

The securities issue is blocking progress.  They have to be circumspect about being too obviously excited about promoting XRP whilst that issue is being resolved.  In any case every new XCurrent account are extra foundation blocks for XRapid and every sign up is a potential client for full Ripple Labs package.

Edited by Julian_Williams
7 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

If XRP fails, Ripple fails.  xCurrent is not enough to ensure the survival of Ripple.  Competitors will create something similar to xRapid and then xCurrent will be dead in the water.  For Ripple to survive in the future, XRP must be a success.

Agreed. Especially with all of the money they are tossing around with donations.. they must be pretty confident in their future and ability to sustain themselv s financially. XCurrent really isn't enough to do so. Their easiest path to financial success is for XRP to do well 

1 hour ago, 2ndtimearound said:

People are getting paranoid just because it's a bear market. Ripple reps always say the XRP price is not important.  David Schwartz has always said that, BG says it - they all say it.  xCurrent settlement times are much slower than xRapid.  Banks WILL use blockchain + digital bridge asset as a means to settle international payments.  If Ripple don't do it with xRapid, then who will use xCurrent when a competitor offers cheaper and faster settlements than xCurrent? Ripple will die out if they rely on xCurrent alone.

My opinion has nothing to do with this bear market. It has everything to do with his delivery.

I'm long XRP. I don't care if the price hits a penny or less, because I believe in what Ripple is doing with XRP and I am prepared for anything. 

My critique is on how he delivered. 

It's simple, and this is my take "we're working with banks and payment providers with a messaging system called xCurrent. This technology is great because of what it is doing with the flow of value, but XRP adds a level of efficiency and cost savings that xCurrent alone does not provide, but to answer your question, *NO* I do not look at the price every day because the problem we're solving is complex, will take time and staring at prices today is no true indication of where we will be in three, five or 10 years. *Address the security issue*, we're not the only company spearheading developments with XRP etc...end with heck.i dunno, our projects will influence the IOV akin to how communication flows were changed by the radio (SWIFT) and the television (Ripple). 

Ripple does not want XRP viewed as a security - and if XRP is to not be viewed as a security ,then Ripple has to distance itself from it.  Price movement of XRP helps Ripple more than revenue.  In other words what is Good for XRP is F'ing Fantastic for Ripple - believe me they have plenty of motivation to increase the price of XRP. 

3 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

Ripple does not want XRP viewed as a security - and if XRP is to not be viewed as a security ,then Ripple has to distance itself from it.  Price movement of XRP helps Ripple more than revenue.  In other words what is Good for XRP is F'ing Fantastic for Ripple - believe me they have plenty of motivation to increase the price of XRP. 

Agreed. But I think they need to be strategic here. Distance yourself from XRP but do it in a way that doesn't create future obstacles with potential future clients. 

31 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

CORRECT : Ripple could be a very big company with the ILP Rapidnet and XCurrent alone.  They would be a an ungraded version of SWIFT and create a huge company by themselves.

WRONG: If you think that make XRapid/Via/Pring/Coil and XRP as 2nd products that are not at the heart of the Ripple Lab project.

XRP means Ripple Labs have control of the launch of the fastest cheapest and most scalable digital asset.  If XRP goes up by just  just one dollar that brings 50 billion in extra revenue to Rapid Labs, 10 dollars would be half a trillion.  This money dwarfs everything else.  Furthermore combining Xcurrent with a digital asset increases the flexibility and use cases for XCurrent by a factor of 4 (in my opinion).  XRapid/Via makes XCurrent exponentially more useful and successful.

The securities issue is blocking progress.  They have to be circumspect about being too obviously excited about promoting XRP whilst that issue is being resolved.  In any case every new XCurrent account are extra foundation blocks for XRapid and every sign up is a potential client for full Ripple Labs package.

So true. I've attached SWIFT's 2016 financials below. These are not numbers that VC money gets excited about.

If one out of a hundred of the companies they invest in gets a chance at a moonshot, they'll have them go for it. 

Screenshot_20180618-164124_Drive.jpg

3 hours ago, Dymac said:

HAHA. I had a large bag of LTC but dumped it all for XRP because of Charlie. He should not be on Twitter or ever speak about LTC in public.

Yes! I did the same. I decided this guy is a tool head for selling all his holdings. The reason given was some lame moralistic crap. Plus his whole connection to coinbase and Litecoin being listed is suspect. 

@ 17:00 in the Video..

I can't believe that total crap journalism piece from Reuters keeps turning up everywhere. This is the Yahoo Finance Crpyto Summit ??? Why is that news agencies want to cover the most scummy pieces of FUD journalism completely twisted from the original source all the time. Its like they feed off of it.

Side note: This is why I have no trust for media outlets anymore, its sad the way news and media have changed over the last 10 years.

I think Ripple has done a phenomenal job hiring great talent. But this Corey guy....? I have not been impressed. Yes, I understand that he was a big-name hire but I'm not digging it. There was that weird Corey TV (sounds like a show for tweens on Nickelodeon) interview with BG, some mediocre PR stuff he's done, and now this. Meh.

Doesn't change my mind about XRP's progress, though. BG's billions are for the most part in XRP- not USD. Same with the other bigwigs. Of course they're still focused on XRP's success. 

12 hours ago, Mr_Cambridge said:

My opinion has nothing to do with this bear market. It has everything to do with his delivery.

I'm long XRP. I don't care if the price hits a penny or less, because I believe in what Ripple is doing with XRP and I am prepared for anything. 

My critique is on how he delivered. 

It's simple, and this is my take "we're working with banks and payment providers with a messaging system called xCurrent. This technology is great because of what it is doing with the flow of value, but XRP adds a level of efficiency and cost savings that xCurrent alone does not provide, but to answer your question, *NO* I do not look at the price every day because the problem we're solving is complex, will take time and staring at prices today is no true indication of where we will be in three, five or 10 years. *Address the security issue*, we're not the only company spearheading developments with XRP etc...end with heck.i dunno, our projects will influence the IOV akin to how communication flows were changed by the radio (SWIFT) and the television (Ripple). 

How can you hold XRP to 1 cent if you believe Ripple are distancing themselves from XRP? You should sell now if you believe Ripple aren't that bothered about XRP and are able to survive without it.  If XRP fails, Ripple as a company will shutdown.  xCurrent is a half-solution to a problem where competitors will deliver a full solution - if Ripple don't do it first with xRapid.  Why would banks use xCurrent that settles in "intraday" (hours, half a day, nearly a whole day depending on the settlement) and requires trustlines - when they can use Acme digital asset that does the same job in 2 minutes and costs 0.0004 cents? The cat is out of the bag with xRapid.  Competitors see the business model.  If xRapid doesn't succeed, a competitor will come out with their own version that uses a digital asset.  In that scenario, xCurrent will basically be the new Swift that gets replaced.   Of course, Ripple know this too.  They need XRP to succeed - never mind the investment money they get for holding it, XRP needs to succeed for Ripple's long term survival.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.