MungerMore

My move: 80% XRP to ERC-20

17 hours ago, Pluto said:

XRP is supercharged with Codius, as it opens the floodgates of Institutional investment. Though i’am Pro diversification going 80% into ERC-20 tokens is a great way of loosing money because of the very reason you are investing in them.

I’d tend to agree with that.

i am about 95% XRP.

The one ECR20 coin I bought (and there is a real company been created off it)has done worse than anything else in my portfolio, about 90% down. Fortunately I had only spent $400  partly as I wanted to take part in DAO and try the worlds first ETH Referendum. I am still holding that Token, as it is actually a real outfit and they are building a business. If I sell off the weak coins I hold i’ll probably stick the proceeds there.

That said, even the one semi-scam coin I bought has done better for me, though I was bottom feeding on the price when I bought it. Note - The world of high income MasterNode Coins is truly fascinating, basically the price is guaranteed to dump on day 1 as all the MN node holders liquidate their income.

That said, with the original Dev gone AWOL, a new team is in and actually the tech does work. Given that I got in really cheap and now have 5 Masternodes running, it’s definitely an a long term HODL coin. The only danager now on that coin is if the price falls so much further that the cost of running the MNs exceeds the income.

6 minutes ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

I’d tend to agree with that.

i am about 95% XRP.

The one ECR20 coin I bought (and there is a real company been created off it)has done worse than anything else in my portfolio, about 90% down. Fortunately I had only spent $400  partly as I wanted to take part in DAO and try the worlds first ETH Referendum. I am still holding that Token, as it is actually a real outfit and they are building a business. If I sell off the weak coins I hold i’ll probably stick the proceeds there.

That said, even the one semi-scam coin I bought has done better for me, though I was bottom feeding on the price when I bought it. Note - The world of high income MasterNode Coins is truly fascinating, basically the price is guaranteed to dump on day 1 as all the MN node holders liquidate their income.

That said, with the original Dev gone AWOL, a new team is in and actually the tech does work. Given that I got in really cheap and now have 5 Masternodes running, it’s definitely an a long term HODL coin. The only danager now on that coin is if the price falls so much further that the cost of running the MNs exceeds the income.

I was 100 % XRP before, and I change my mind, now only 20% left. Talk is cheap, and I will show you the result.

11 minutes ago, MungerMore said:

I was 100 % XRP before, and I change my mind, now only 20% left. Talk is cheap, and I will show you the result.

Sometimes you have to go with your gut.....whatever happens you made your decision and you gotta own that ****.

25 minutes ago, Trendkill said:

Sometimes you have to go with your gut.....whatever happens you made your decision and you gotta own that ****.

Indeed.

To be fair I was trading XRP heavily in the early days. Whilst i’d have done just as well selling out at the ATH, we of course didn’t know at the time how far it would drop from there. But I did do a good job trading the swings on the way down. Once it fell back to $1 I locked in, as I didn’t want to take the risk not holding XRP.

Since then I have amused myself with a small amount of Alt-Coin recovery plays. But I do stick larger amounts now in both XRP and Gold.

I see XRP and Gold/Silver as part of my portfolio diversification. Basically I have too much money in my pension for my age (check out how the UK Pension lifetime allowance works), and as I dare not put any pension fund money into low interest/overvalued bonds i am pretty much left with just one choice in my pension, which is global equities- i’ve done well keeping my money out of UK focused funds. But I need other types of asset outside of my pension.

I do think if XRP did become a security, which I doubt, someone might finally take the bold step of creating a crypto pension fund.

On 6/16/2018 at 3:35 AM, MungerMore said:

I hoDL XRP thought ATH and did not cash out (stupid me) and it let me down recently,

SEC infos indicate it maybe classified as security(let's be open) ,

so I converted my 80 % XRP to etc-20 coins to wait coinbase pro announcement.

Hope conveyed some back to XRP on June 29.(after coinbase announcement, before SBI open to general investors.)

Welcome your critique.

Edit: 

add history profit: I  convert first 30 % to ZRX, and it already made decent profit. take a look at ZRX chart.

I think you fundamentally misunderstood the SEC's announcement.

Ethereum is not a security, most ICO's (thus ERC-20's) are.

It's your money so do whatever you want with it.  But if you're trying to wait out the security decisions, you've move from "maybe a security" to "almost certainly a security."

If your goal is to wait out the security issue, you should be in bitcoin, Bitcoin forks, and other derivatives of the bitcoin blockchain.  And ETH as previously mentioned.

Another really interesting play being kicked around on other parts  of the forum is Binance Coin which is agnostic to all of it and has a good use case (reduced trading fees).

Personally, I'm sticking with XRP (and adding) as the best value play in all of crypto...

Edited by ReformedEquityTrader

2 minutes ago, ReformedEquityTrader said:

I think you fundamentally misunderstood the SEC's announcement.

Ethereum is not a security, most ICO's (thus ERC-20's) are.

It's your money so do whatever you want with it.  But if you're trying to wait out the security decisions, you've move from "maybe a security" to "almost certainly a security."

If your goal is to wait out the security issue, you should be in bitcoin, Bitcoin forks, and other derivatives of the bitcoin blockchain.  And ETH as previously mentioned.

Another really interesting play being kicked around on other parts  of the forum is Binance Coin which is agnostic to all of it and has a good use case (reduced trading fees).

Personally, I'm sticking with XRP (and adding) as the best value play in all of crypto...

My goal is to make quick money, and coinbase announcement give me the opportunity to speculate. That's all.

I do not hate XRP, just get some quick money on other coin.

On 6/16/2018 at 6:35 AM, MungerMore said:

I hoDL XRP thought ATH and did not cash out (stupid me) and it let me down recently,

SEC infos indicate it maybe classified as security(let's be open) ,

so I converted my 80 % XRP to etc-20 coins to wait coinbase pro announcement.

Hope conveyed some back to XRP on June 29.(after coinbase announcement, before SBI open to general investors.)

Welcome your critique.

Edit: 

add history profit: I  convert first 30 % to ZRX, and it already made decent profit. take a look at ZRX chart.

Have to be brutally honest.  XRP didn't let you down, you didn't sell and let yourself down.

There's a reason for scaling in and out of markets.  Your the most important asset there is and your money speaks volumes for how you manage it.

1 minute ago, Elitefoo said:

Have to be brutally honest.  XRP didn't let you down, you didn't sell and let yourself down.

There's a reason for scaling in and out of markets.  Your the most important asset there is and your money speaks volumes for how you manage it.

the XRP price performance during Feb to June 2018, with great news, really let me down.

SBI, xRapid and so on should shoot the price to $3.

10 minutes ago, MungerMore said:

the XRP price performance during Feb to June 2018, with great news, really let me down.

SBI, xRapid and so on should shoot the price to $3.

Though the only thing you can control is what you do.  

Personal accountability and responsibility

The moves you are making now--you're doing what feel like needs to be done and that's respected.

1 minute ago, Elitefoo said:

Though the only thing you can control is what you do.  

Personal accountability and responsibility

The moves you are making now--you're doing what feel like needs to be done and that's respected.

Your sentence is rational and should be respected.

I just feel been cheated:

1 bearableguy123 act like an insider and $589+ is a joke from the point view of now

2 Brad and that chief market officer shout that XRP is not a security while SEC keep silent.

3 xRapid go live and price drop.

Nothing wrong with "scaling" in and out of these plays as someone said.  

Since Jan, I have been able to do some side swings and gain more BTC to drive back into XRP after those plays, leaving my original stack intact.  I am in XRP for the long and will be paying attention to it to see how things develop, and probably branch off here and there for some swing opportunities etc...swinging back into XRP.  Even during the massive bullrun in Dec to Jan, this developed over days/weeks, so if something like that happens again, there is time to reenter XRP after price reversal confirmation.  There will be significant resistance going upward (for any coin, including XRP) so we will see bigger retracements during that next bull cycle in my opinion.

Fortunately I have nearly doubled my xrp stack since Jan without adding Fiat.  

Who knows what will come exactly.  Key is to have a trading plan, know your entry and exit.  I think one of the hardest things I have learned is to know when to sell (for profit) - which price, what percentage to sell etc..., much easier it seems to set stop losses.  If one's trading plan is to accumulate (DCA) and never sell and gift it in your will to someone else, that's cool, that's a trading plan.  

Edited by Excerpts

2 minutes ago, Excerpts said:

Nothing wrong with "scaling" in and out of these plays as someone said.  

Since Jan, I have been able to do some side swings and gain more BTC to drive back into XRP after those plays, leaving my original stack intact.  I am in XRP for the long and will be paying attention to it to see how things develop, and probably branch off here and there for some swing opportunities etc...swinging back into XRP.  Even during the massive bullrun in Dec to Jan, this developed over days/weeks, so if something like that happens again, there is time to reenter XRP after price reversal confirmation.  There will be significant resistance going upward (for any coin, including XRP) so we will see bigger retracements during that next bull cycle in my opinion.

Fortunately I have nearly doubled my xrp stack since Jan without adding Fiat.  

Who knows what will come exactly.  Key is to have a plan and stick to it.

1 I am in XRP for the long term. Proof: how many have read the pdfs on ripple dot com site? I printed it out and read it with underlines.

2 What I hope is triple my XRP stack at the end of June, today already 15% increased in two days. (REQ up 18%.(I converted XRP to REQ yesterday.))

3 hours ago, MungerMore said:

Will you commit to a specific date to report your result? If so, what is that date?

12 hours ago, MungerMore said:

LOL.

After converted REQ yesterday, if I convert back to XRP now, 15 % more XRP earned. (checked the CMC, REQ up 18% in two days while XRP down).

I will update my result here after my move finished.

Congrats!! on your winning trades. I hope it works out for you.  The qualifying word in your statment is "IF I convert"