Sukrim

validator1.worldlink-us.com makes it to Ripple's recommended validator list

24 minutes ago, cmbartley said:

Anyone notice the validator agreement numbers today?...

The winds of the Internet must been fa.. oh no, it's only a 10% collection of a normal day, hence not much chance of a disagreement... check it out by clicking any of the validators 

1 hour ago, nikb said:

So, as of earlier today, the validators operated by Wietse Wind under xrptipbot.com and by xrpchat’s own @Rabbit_Kick_Club are included on Ripple’s published list.

Check it out at https://minivalist.cinn.app/

Thanks for the amazing update!

If I understand then, there would need to be four more independent validators added to the UNL, which would decrease Ripple's by two, thereby resulting in no entity operating a majority of the trusted validators?

On 6/15/2018 at 1:31 PM, Sukrim said:

It would be great if universities were running validators that aren't paid millions of dollars directly from Ripple... so far there has been only one (MIT) and their validator was shut down years ago. (Edit: And my university a few years back, but we never switched on validation or ran this in any official capacity afair).

Do you think Wietse Wind is paid by Ripple for running his validator?

27 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Do you think Wietse Wind is paid by Ripple for running his validator?

I highly doubt it. I'm talking about the university funding initiative by Ripple, while I'm sure Wietse is a smart guy I don't think he qualifies as a university on his own.