XRPwinning

What do I BUILD on Codius?!

Posted (edited)

Experienced web dev and XRP fanatic here. Trying to think of what app to build that's hosted on Codius. I'm super stoked but just need a good idea!!

The big idea of Codius is to decentralize web hosting, just like Ethereum but more flexible (any code, no solidity) and easily deploy existing or new apps in literally minutes to 1 or 100 servers. Depending on your redundancy obsession.  And we all know decentralized means removing middle men like hosting giants Google/Microsoft (and the company I work for.. lol) Which means lots of money up in air

The app can pay (maintain) itself by ad revenue or donations ect. 

Anyone can run a Codius host and get paid in XRP for running decentralized apps!

Anyways, on to the brainstorming..  Something involving the community? Something to extend the new community blog to create some kind of incentive for new posters or people sharing links?

I dunno!! Gonna keep sipping my red wine and thinking about ideas but my fingers and noggin are itchin for some buildin!

Edited by XRPwinning

18 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

Cross border payments. 

Certainly. Just contact Ripple and order me up a license for the full RippleNet product suite ;)

Always have wondered what the price tag is..

Posted (edited)

What about putting SME accounting data onto a storage source, directly from their bank via the api access mandated by European courts? But, have the data accessible only by the firm who owns the data. Then, when someone wanted a copy of the data, the firm could rent out a key to that party? 

For example, I'm a small business and I want to raise equity. I can issue my own shares via an ICO, but I need to provide accurate accounting data to investors, which can be expensive. If all my bank data is stored directly on a ledger, and I can sell access to it to anyone securely, helping increase transparency for my equity raise.

Edit: autocorrect fail!

Edited by Wandering_Dog

build an AI oracle that can pull data from the web and deliver the results data to other codius smart contracts, using a set of predefined calls.. smart-contract to smart contract, you get paid every time some asks you for data etc..

7 hours ago, Wandering_Dog said:

What about putting SME accounting data onto a storage source, directly from their bank via the api access mandated by European courts? But, have the data accessible only by the firm who owns the data. Then, when someone wanted a copy of the data, the firm could rent out a key to that party? 

For example, I'm a small business and I want to raise equity. I can issue my own shares via an ICO, but I need to provide accurate accounting data to investors, which can be expensive. If all my bank data is stored directly on a ledger, and I can sell access to it to anyone securely, helping increase transparency for my equity raise.

Edit: autocorrect fail!

6 hours ago, josepi90 said:

build an AI oracle that can pull data from the web and deliver the results data to other codius smart contracts, using a set of predefined calls.. smart-contract to smart contract, you get paid every time some asks you for data etc..

5 hours ago, Ctrl-Z said:

A wallet that only sends crypto to a proper receiving wallet. This could prevent money lost from sending BTC to a BCC wallet, lets say.

Thanks guys! Definitely getting the old cogs turning. Keep it coming!

@Wandering_Dog

Especially! This is brilliant stuff. Same rules apply in the states? or would this just be Euro only for now 

1 hour ago, XRPwinning said:

Thanks guys! Definitely getting the old cogs turning. Keep it coming!

@Wandering_Dog

Especially! This is brilliant stuff. Same rules apply in the states? or would this just be Euro only for now 

Many of the large banks and their customers operate globally, and thus the banks must follow the the EU rules. We believe that its likely that many US based firms will have their data accessible via the EU law, we just need to dig and find out which firms, and which banks. 

21 hours ago, XRPwinning said:

I'm super stoked but just need a good idea!!

For good ideas you might want to try being super stoned instead.

2 hours ago, tulo said:

For good ideas you might want to try being super stoned instead.

Got that covered no doubt... just need to quit my job cause we ain’t makin more time. Perhaps next bull run 🤭

cant wait to see what Stephan Thomas is whipping up over at coil..

Use codius contracts to auto-reward self-issued asset to traders on XRPL to help increase the trade activity and volume on XRPL gateway. That's my idea after I see fcoin.com 

Posted (edited)

You could look at what the other  ico’s are trying to do. Someone at Ripple (Stefan Thomas?) suggested that most of these can be done as Smart contracts. 

Edited by strikerjax

14 hours ago, strikerjax said:

You could look at what the other  ico’s are trying to do. Someone at Ripple (Stefan Thomas?) suggested that most of these can be done as Smart contracts. 

Killer idea.... thanks dude. Huge resource of ideas duhh